Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 794 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +14 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Pauly Antonio
Boz
  • abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Kind of unrelated to the prediction discussion, but the producers would be insane if they didn’t get Sheeran, Mars, and Stapleton together to perform “Blow” at the show.

Didn’t Ed just announce an 18 month break from music?

ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Chance the Rapper “The Big Day” hurrmmm….this is his Reputation, either you like it or hate it

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Seriously dude, Beyonce doesn’t even write a single song by herself. Taylor wrote a full album by herself. That’s why Beyonce got no AOTys compared to Adele and Taylor both got 2

Did you watch any of the music theory in that video? Did you decide that Taylor has songs with more interesting use of modes, chord progressions and changes in time signature? Or do you just not like Beyoncé? She was credited just like the three other writers. The award is for the song and all of the songwriters.

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

soty is all about lyrics.

Lyrics are important in country music and pop, but not everyone voting in the general field is from a country/pop background. People from Jazz, Classical and Progressive Rock backgrounds might have quite different priorities.

Perhaps she was unlucky to miss out with “Blank Space” which was probably better than any song by Ed Sheeran with his Hallmark greeting-card cliché lyrics.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gagamon
    Participant
    Topics:

Knowing Sheeran, he won’t attend unless he’s nominated in the GF.

I think “I Don’t Care” isn’t far fetched for RoTY. The song is a big hit. It isn’t a good song, but are most of the other contenders good songs to begin with?

If he’s nominated then yea, I bet they’ll try to set it up.

yeah, I don’t understand why Ed’s ego is so big.
    he has only 4 GRAMMYs, and only 2 before he skipped the 2018 ceremony where he won the other 2.

even Gaga attended that year, in the middle of her tour and knowing she would lose to Ed that wasn’t even present, I guess he still has a thing or two to learn about being humble and grateful

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

yeah, I don’t understand why Ed’s ego is so big.
    he has only 4 GRAMMYs, and only 2 before he skipped the 2018 ceremony where he won the other 2.

even Gaga attended that year, in the middle of her tour and knowing she would lose to Ed that wasn’t even present, I guess he still has a thing or two to learn about being humble and grateful

Ed Sheeran has shown multiple times he’s an arrogant piece of trash that only cares about fame. You’d think someone with such a boring discography would be a bit more humble.

ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

If Vampire Weekend and The National latest albums are really that good, as solid as Modern Vampire or Sleep Well Beast then, I wouldn’t hesitate to put them as contender for AOTY…..

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Blank space should have won soty. It was by far best song of the 5 nominees

“Alright” begs to differ.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

If Vampire Weekend and The National latest albums are really that good, as solid as Modern Vampire or Sleep Well Beast then, I wouldn’t hesitate to put them as contender for AOTY…..

Rock has been absent in AOTY since 2016. Even last year in a field of 8. Most of us have This Land in the lineup so that will be the rock representation. I think we can omit Vampire Weekend, The 1975, etc. Rock hasn’t been big enough to warrant two spots.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL another stan with horrible grammar. Next.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s nothing wrong with a female heavy lineup but a lot of these females overlap. They probably won’t nominate more than two of the same type of artist. Billie, Ariana, Taylor and Gaga are more or less the same artist on a surface level.  Billie is obviously in. Ariana and Taylor are battling for the same spot. The former has a lot more going for her so she’s in. Gaga is a wildcard because while she should be battling with Ariana and Taylor for that spot, her project is not the typical popstar music. She had more of a reinvention and was in her own lane. I’m still on the fence about her. Lizzo and Lana are not really pop stars in the same sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL another stan with horrible grammar. Next.

Can we stop with this Grammar Nazi thing? English is not everyone’s first language and even for myself it’s the third language. Some people just lack of manner what a shame

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Donchano.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Donchano.
    ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

What are the chances of Lover in SOTY ??

ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Rock has been absent in AOTY since 2016. Even last year in a field of 8. Most of us have This Land in the lineup so that will be the rock representation. I think we can omit Vampire Weekend, The 1975, etc. Rock hasn’t been big enough to warrant two spots.

So pretty much I’m the only one who stick with Western Stars 😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Lone Pirate
    Participant
    Topics:

So pretty much I’m the only one who stick with Western Stars 😂

I think it will be nominated. This forum has a massive blind spot for anything that is not pop/r&b/rap so Western Stars is completely off the radar for GD posters.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 794 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.