Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 794 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +14 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Pauly Antonio
Boz
  • reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

A Metacritic-endorsed reviewer just gave Lover a 1/10 rating 😬 https://www.thefourohfive.com/music/review/album-review-taylor-swift-lover-156

A 250 word review (with approx. 50 words being about the music) that was published over 2 weeks after the release of the album and starts off with a gif, from a website that my browser continuously tried to steer me away from because the connection wasn’t secure and it could be stealing my information.

Not the most valid source of criticism.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2MHvl3Au1t/?igshid=1bwjhyric8fas MusicDailyWorld’s Grammy Predictions: A little better than Popcrave’s but as usual they put some wrong songs in the wrong categories. hehe and look at the comments…the swifties are mad ☺️ we love to see it

The swifits and arianators on the comments lol.svg” class=”emoji”

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  jowgbruno.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2MHvl3Au1t/?igshid=1bwjhyric8fas

MusicDailyWorld’s Grammy Predictions: A little better than Popcrave’s but as usual they put some wrong songs in the wrong categories.

hehe and look at the comments…the swifties are mad ☺️☺️☺️☺️ we love to see it

These are actually really strong predictions. And they have the genre placements correct. Its only on here people classify Truth Hurts as a “Rap” song when its not. If it was by a white artist you wouldn’t consider it as such. It should compete rightfully in Pop solo. .svg” class=”emoji”

ReplyCopy URL
    reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

Completely agree with Truth Hurts being Pop. If Rockstar was, then there’s no way it isn’t.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Completely agree with Truth Hurts being Pop. If Rockstar was, then there’s no way it isn’t.

‘Rockstar’ was placed and nominated in Rap/Sung.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Its only on here people classify Truth Hurts as a “Rap” song when its not.  

but shes rapping…..

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Ariana is vulnerable in SOTY if she enters “Thank U, Next” in both categories. She should split her submissions like Bruno Mars did 2 years ago and submit “7 Rings” to ROTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    fatma667
    Participant
    Topics:

I think you’re all overlooking Tanya Tucker’s new album While I’m Livin’. It’s her first new music in 17 years and was written and produced by Brandi Carlisle. The reviews are amazing and Tanya has never won a Grammy before.

I could see Album of the Year and even song of the year for Bring My Flowers Now (a song Tanya and Brandi wrote about appreciating someone while they’re alive).

I bet she’s the country entry in the general fields.

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

“Senorita” is big, but it’s also the type of song that I could see missing out on the GF entirely. I’ll probably end up predicting “Senorita” or “Sucker” in ROTY, not both, and neither in SOTY. And not to beat a dead horse… But neither of these songs that will likely show up in Pop Duo/Group are any better than “Old Town Road.”

However, I do feel like there is goodwill for the Jonas Brothers, no? They were nominated for BNA a decade ago and their comeback could have been a major flop, but it’s been far from it. ‘Sucker” has had undeniable longevity. Nick and Joe Jonas had respectable solo stints, and they both just had high-profile marriages, a lot of publicity. They are certainly lightweight, but I wouldn’t count them out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

I also 100% agree with Darren that “Bad Guy” has much better odds than nearly all of the other big pop songs mentioned here. Though I also think “Old Town Road” could beat it for ROTY.

And I think people will continue to underestimate “Thank U, Next.” Ariana didn’t just win last year because it was weak. As anyone paying attention could have predicted, she has lived up to her potential and garnered industry cred, and yes, critical acclaim. Regardless of what you think of her, it should not be overlooked that she is respected and sticks out among her peers as someone who can actually SING.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I think there’s goodwill for the Jonas Brothers right now, which is why I think they’ll be nominated in Pop Duo/Group and maybe Pop Album (despite them and their solo careers and separate bands consistently missing nominations this past decade). Enough to get in Album and Record of the Year? I’m doubtful.

ReplyCopy URL
    supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Jonas Brothers’ only shot at the general field is ROTY. Even if they were to make it, they definitely wouldn’t win.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

“Senorita” is big, but it’s also the type of song that I could see missing out on the GF entirely. I’ll probably end up predicting “Senorita” or “Sucker” in ROTY, not both, and neither in SOTY. And not to beat a dead horse… But neither of these songs that will likely to show up in Pop Duo/Group are any better than “Old Town Road.”

“Senorita” is nothing more than a “Havana” rehash, and “Sucker” is a lightweight “Feel It Still,” but I think “Sucker” is the better song and record easily.

“Senorita” needs to be easily relegated to the pop field. I would be fine with “Sucker” as a ROTY nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d take “Señorita” over “Sucker” any day of the week. It’s a little similar to “Havana,” but not to the point where it sounds like a retread, and the pairing of Shawn and Camila works extremely well. “Sucker” is a generic, soulless record that sucks all the life out of the hit it’s trying to imitate.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

IDK why but I always get this sensation that the future winner of SOTY and ROTY are not going to be a top 3 smash hit, I guess it’s because 99% of the Songs that were hits in 2019 are kinda lile trash or not a Grammy type

It’s like, we don’t have this year a smash song that is actually also great like TIA, Thinking Out Loud, Hello, Stay with Me, Royals and STIUTK or even a big smash hit from a very likeable and Respected artist such as That’s why I like, 24k, Uptown Funk and Get Lucky

The biggest record of 2019 is a Meme song that almost everybody hates because of how corny it sounds, but also the funny fact it’s that the other big hits from this year are not that different, TUN, 7R, Truth Hurts, Bad Guy, Talk, YNTCD, IDC, Me!, Señorita and Sucker, almost everyone in this list or sound memeish or it’s not a artist that the Grammys are interested that much, That’s why it’s so hard to predict an actuall front runner on these cattegories, there’s nobody that sounds that good to deserve the ROTY and SOTY right now among the popular names, actually at least 3 of the contenders fron this year could win this categorys on 2020 without no problem if they were nominated (TIA, Shallow and The Joke)

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the winner of both categories or at least one of them will be a top 10 song but not a big hit like the others or a song that wasn’t actually that sucessfull or something to be called a hit but stills amazing, like The Joke

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 794 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.