Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 794 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +14 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Pauly Antonio
Boz
  • PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’s time for an outlier SOTY winner. The Grammys have been pandering to top 10 hits since 2008. I don’t see this year being any different, but I would love it something that’s not a top 10 hit to get its shine.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

I also 100% agree with Darren that “Bad Guy” has much better odds than nearly all of the other big pop songs mentioned here. Though I also think “Old Town Road” could beat it for ROTY. And I think people will continue to underestimate “Thank U, Next.” Ariana didn’t just win last year because it was weak. As anyone paying attention could have predicted, she has lived up to her potential and garnered industry cred, and yes, critical acclaim. Regardless of what you think of her, it should not be overlooked that she is respected and sticks out among her peers as someone who can actually SING.

“Old Town Road” is not beating anyone in ROTY. To me it’s a near lock to get nominated, but it will always be a filler. I feel very strongly about it too lol.

“Bad Guy” is definitely ahead of the other pop songs, but I agree with some in that she reminds me of Lady Gaga Fame era. Nominated everywhere but only win in her genre. But that could change when we see the nominations. If it’s all big hits, then she stands out more.

I don’t agree about Ariana to be honest. I can see her missing out on SOTY. She should have been able to crack the GF last year and maybe win Pop Solo as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“Bad Guy” is definitely ahead of the other pop songs, but I agree with some in that she reminds me of Lady Gaga Fame era. Nominated everywhere but only win in her genre.

Lady Gaga was nominated in heavily competitive lineups with artists like Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, the Black Eyed Peas, and Kings of Leon. That’s the key difference.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone you loved #11 (+2)

Maybe this is the salvation for the SOTY and ROTY

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

That would be a horrible winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love if something like “Cellophane” surprises in Song of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    cheyenne lee
    Participant
    Topics:

is there any way we can see where artists have submitted till the nominations are announced :/

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Someone You Loved was predicted to be top 10 for months now lol

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

“Someone You Loved” is not a bad song, but it is kind meh. It sounds like a lesser version of one of James Arthur’s or Ed’s songs.

ReplyCopy URL
    daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone you loved #11 (+2) Maybe this is the salvation for the SOTY and ROTY

Really? A cheesy ballad? There are so many more interesting songs this past year which could be great SOTY and ROTY contenders other than this.

ReplyCopy URL
    reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

Lover (song) literally DIVE BOMBED on the charts this week, down something like 13 positions. Yikes!

If Delicate couldn’t make it into SOTY, I’m not really sure this can. She’s much better off pushing the album this year, then releasing The Man/Cruel Summer/Miss Americana/Death By A Thousand Cuts as singles and hoping one or more of them stick well enough to push next year.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Lover (song) literally DIVE BOMBED on the charts this week, down something like 13 positions. Yikes! If Delicate couldn’t make it into SOTY, I’m not really sure this can. She’s much better off pushing the album this year, then releasing The Man/Cruel Summer/Miss Americana/Death By A Thousand Cuts as singles and hoping one or more of them stick well enough to push next year.

you better drag your fav lmaooooo

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone you loved #11 (+2)

Maybe this is the salvation for the SOTY and ROTY

I wish “Hold Me While You Wait” was gaining this traction instead. It’s a much better song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the academy will pull a “Please Read The Letter” in ROTY, I just don’t see any hit getting the win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the academy will pull a “Please Read The Letter” in ROTY, I just don’t see any hit getting the win.

And what song do you think is going to be that this year? “Please Read the Letter” was not a random win.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 794 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.