Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 808 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +33 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Pauly Antonio
Boz
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

If Billie has enough support to win AoTY, she will sweep all GF categories. But that won’t happen.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

As a feature on an EDM song? I hardly find that a snub personally for her. Ariana missed last year and Shawn Mendes got over her with a smaller hit, so…

As a feature on a massive #1 hit? Yeah, that definitely raises an eyebrow. Don’t even try with the “EDM” excuse – Zedd had no problem getting dual Record and Song nominations this year, and “Closer” has more in common with pop than dance. Neither of Ariana’s singles last year were anywhere nearly as big as “Closer” was.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

If Billie has enough support to win AoTY, she will sweep all GF categories. But that won’t happen.

Billie and Ari will not win anything…

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

I think you’re all overlooking Tanya Tucker’s new album While I’m Livin’. It’s her first new music in 17 years and was written and produced by Brandi Carlisle. The reviews are amazing and Tanya has never won a Grammy before.

I could see Album of the Year and even song of the year for Bring My Flowers Now (a song Tanya and Brandi wrote about appreciating someone while they’re alive).

I bet she’s the country entry in the general fields.

I would love to see Miss T score her first Grammy! (smiles)

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly (a fan since 1991)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

I can feel that someone we expect to sweep the nominations will end up with nothing in GF just like Timberlake (20/20 Experience) and Ed (Divide). 😂😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I can feel that someone we expect to sweep the nominations will end up with nothing in GF just like Timberlake (20/20 Experience) and Ed (Divide). 😂😂

Ariana is the only person I could even possibly see that happening to, and she’s been shut out of the general field too many times for that to happen to her this year. If it does… they really hate her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

I second this. I don’t see Billie getting enough support to put her as frontrunner for AOTY. In Taylor case, Fearless was sweeping most major country awards (CMA, ACM) before the Grammy indicating that she would have strong support from country committee.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

As a feature on a massive #1 hit? Yeah, that definitely raises an eyebrow. Don’t even try with the “EDM” excuse – Zedd had no problem getting dual Record and Song nominations this year, and “Closer” has more in common with pop than dance. Neither of Ariana’s singles last year were anywhere nearly as big as “Closer” was.

The Middle made it in a 8 nominee lineup. We know that if it was a 5 nominee lineup, it wouldn’t have made it. So let’s not kid ourselves. Before they expanded the field, EDM songs almost never made it in the GF.

And again she was a feature on that song. So I wouldn’t consider it a snub for her. And the song wasn’t even predicted to be in RoTY. It was #10 in combined odds on Golderby.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think WWAFA is “baity” enough to get AOTY. But, seeing how most AOTY’s go to the best selling of said year, she’s not far off.

*jk it only goes to best sellers if its Adele or Taylor…

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think WWAFA is “baity” enough to get AOTY. But, seeing how most AOTY’s go to the best selling of said year, she’s not far off.

As of right now she isn’t the best selling of this grammy year though. ASIB still has a wide lead of like 500k-600k+ ahead of WWAFA.

But depending on how many more singles she pushes she could overtake it few months from now. But I don’t know if her numbers will still hold up.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

2017 was a lot more competitive than 2019.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean Post Malone releasing another single “Wow” didn’t prevent Sunflower from continuing to be a hit.

Wow impacted Pop radio long after Sunflower did, not to mention both are multi-format hits. 7 rings was sent to radio on release day, which eventually caused thank u, next to get dropped out.

7 rings is still charting pretty high with almost no radio support mostly based on streams, and so was thank u, next some weeks before it dropped out.

It’s also important to highlight that thank u, next was never sent to radio as a lead single, it was picked up naturally by radio stations.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think WWAFA is “baity” enough to get AOTY. But, seeing how most AOTY’s go to the best selling of said year, she’s not far off. *jk it only goes to best sellers if its Adele or Taylor…

best selling album of the period is still A Star Is Born. 6kk-7kk WW

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  dOminiK13_.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  dOminiK13_.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

The Middle made it in a 8 nominee lineup. We know that if it was a 5 nominee lineup, it wouldn’t have made it. So let’s not kid ourselves. Before they expanded the field, EDM songs almost never made it in the GF.

And again she was a feature on that song. So I wouldn’t consider it a snub for her. And the song wasn’t even predicted to be in RoTY. It was #10 in combined odds on Golderby.

The Middle was in Song, Record, and Pop Duo, and Maren Morris got three extra nods. It would’ve been nominated in a 5 nominee line-up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

best selling album of the period is still A Star Is Born. 6kk-7kk WW

I know but I meant of albums released in 2019

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 808 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.