Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 794 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +14 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Pauly Antonio
Boz
  • daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

Can “Brown Skin Girl” pull an “Alright” and show up in SoTY despite not being a hit? The lyrics are very beautiful. It should be nominated especially when SoTY lineup is weak this year.

I would like to see Brown Skin Girl on SOTY. It’s very beautiful. Grammys should care less about charts.

ReplyCopy URL
    supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Bare in mind that 1989 was released in 2014 and it won BPVA in 2016. She has the chance to snatch that award.

1989 also had 6 singles (7 if you count New Romantics), and only Shake It Off was before the album dropped. She knew that she needed to release singles to keep the album relevant, which succeeded. Ariana stopped dropping singles as soon as the album dropped which is why many people think she’s irrelevant now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

would they nominate a song without a Music Video?

*in the GF

Redbone
    Really Love
    Get Lucky
    Thinkin Bout You
    Beg Steal or Borrow

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Redbone Really Love Get Lucky Thinkin Bout You Beg Steal or Borrow

Get Lucky?

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé deserves a maximum of no more than 2 Grammy nominations this year.

Long-Form Music Video: Homecoming

And then MAYBE R&B Performance (or Traditional) for “Before I Let Go.”

Look, I love Beyoncé, but despite technically releasing 2 projects this year, she really didn’t have a huge impact on today’s music scene and in no way deserves multiple noms or any recognition in the General Field.

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

You didn’t lie

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>The Beyhive is just being delusional . Beyoncé doesn’t deserve anything other than the Music Film and Best Score Soundtrack (If Eligible for that) at the most as far as nominations.</p>

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>The Beyhive is just being delusional . Beyoncé doesn’t deserve anything other than the Music Film and Best Score Soundtrack (If Eligible for that) at the most as far as nominations.</p>

congrats on having your first post on these threads being about Beyonce!

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Thoughts on Sheryl Crow’s Threads? I can see it racking up nominations in several different genre fields and being the one to beat in Best Americana Album. I also wonder if it’s a possibility in AOTY, due to the strong lineup of guest musicians and the fact that she’s claiming it’s her last album.

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

congrats on having your first post on these threads being about Beyonce!

lmfao

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t know if this has been posted, but…
    http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317862

I wonder if this has anything to do with Lizzo. Perhaps, they are considering making her eligible for the prize due to a technicality just based on how the article is written.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Just me or does it feel like the Lover hype Just died? I mean, the sales are decreasing very quickly, at least for Taylor’s level, her 3 singles are falling hard on the charts, and according to the predictions by Simon, next week might be very bad for her. The album kinda already feels like old News, at least for me, it was already not good enough in the level of her older projects (Fearless, Red and 1989) and its not that interesting like her Reputation era, and yes I know that almost everybody here already predicetd that Taylor wasn’t going to show on the GF next year but I guess if anyone was not completly sure about her situation, this might help

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  jowgbruno.
    ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes it kinda is . She needs to release a single that the GP would eat up like Cruel Summer maybe …. or she needs to keep promoting it.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m wondering how interesting it would be if AISB and Sunflower took AOTY, ROTY and SOTY it would be the first time in Grammy history that the top three categories would be carried by soundtracks and would be a great way to reward the big boom of soundtracks in recent years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Just me or does it feel like the Lover hype Just died? I mean, the sales are decreasing very quickly, at least for Taylor’s level, her 3 singles are falling hard on the charts, and according to the predictions by Simon, next week might be very bad for her. The album kinda already feels like old News, at least for me, it was already not good enough in the level of her older projects (Fearless, Red and 1989) and its not that interesting like her Reputation era, mas yes I know that almost everybody here already predicetd that Taylor wasn’t going to show on the GF next year but I guess if anyone was not completly sure about her situation, this might help

Yep, Lover came and went and first-round voting hasn’t even started.

I’m wondering how interesting it would be if AISB and Sunflower took AOTY, ROTY and SOTY it would be the first time in Grammy history that the top three categories would be carried by soundtracks and would be a great way to reward the big boom of soundtracks in recent years.

“Sunflower” isn’t winning Record or Song of the Year, so there’s that.

Don’t know if this has been posted, but…
    http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317862

I wonder if this has anything to do with Lizzo. Perhaps, they are considering making her eligible for the prize due to a technicality just based on how the article is written.

Posted this yesterday because it sounded like it was about Lizzo. I hope she’s eligible. It would be a shame for them to leave her out because of some bullshit technicality. She is one of the biggest breakthrough stories of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 794 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.