Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 842 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Pauly Antonio
Boz
  • Jenni
    Participant
    Topics:

I also think Ariana and Taylor are the biggest contenders for Pop Vocal Album

I think people are rulling out Ariana because the album came out “too long” ago

But she had 3 hit songs with that album, and it was well received by the critics

I don’t think Ariana will win pop vocal album, not because she doesn’t deserve it, but because she has already won a grammy in the same category this year. So I don’t think they would award her in the same category for the second year in a row.

I think they’ll give the award to either Billie or Taylor (And I’m pretty sure Billie will win)

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Can “Brown Skin Girl” pull an “Alright” and show up in SoTY despite not being a hit?

The lyrics are very beautiful. It should be nominated especially when SoTY lineup is weak this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Can “Brown Skin Girl” pull an “Alright” and show up in SoTY despite not being a hit? The lyrics are very beautiful. It should be nominated especially when SoTY lineup is weak this year.

The year is weak but Beyoncé’s material is much more

She wont probably even submit this song

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Can “Brown Skin Girl” pull an “Alright” and show up in SoTY despite not being a hit? The lyrics are very beautiful. It should be nominated especially when SoTY lineup is weak this year.

we can only wish, but I don’t think so. I agree its a beautiful song that could have had SO much potential and at this point is a career defining song in her discography, plus its obvious impact. But urban radios don’t even play it as much as they used to anymore (or last month) so I doubt it. Hopefully, the academy will notice its impact and cultural relevance it had, but seeing how they been acting, it’s not happening.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Brown Skin Girl is not close to Alright in any way shape or form.

Now, I do wonder which song will compete for the “serious rap/”urban” song in SOTY” sweepstakes. We had This is America in 2019, 1-800 in 2018, Formation in 2017, Alright in 2016, and Same Love in 2014, All of the Lights in 2012, and Love the Way You Lie in 2011. The only off-years have been 2015 and 2013, both of which had serious singer-songwriter songs; you could say the same about 2017 if you don’t consider Formation a rap song.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean it’s not far fetched. Story of OJ wasn’t a hit either.

The committee tends to nominate some non-hits in SoTY from time to time. It could be “Brown Skin Girl” this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean it’s not far fetched. Story of OJ wasn’t a hit either. The committee tends to nominate some non-hits in SoTY from time to time. It could be “Brown Skin Girl” this year.

AND Ms. Blue Ivy Carter would be the youngest nominee in history. now THAT is what I want to see.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean it’s not far fetched. Story of OJ wasn’t a hit either.

The committee tends to nominate some non-hits in SoTY from time to time. It could be “Brown Skin Girl” this year.

I get your point, but 4:44 was a big album and The Story of OJ peaked higher, and it had an acclaim video. I don’t think Brown Skin Girl will even be submitted for something other than Pop Duo/Group.

Would love for Spirit to make it in though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“Spirit” is a great vocal performance but it does not deserve a SOTY nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

AND Ms. Blue Ivy Carter would be the youngest nominee in history. now THAT is what I want to see.

She isn’t listed as songwriter. It would’ve been a bit fraudulent if she was considering she’s too young to write.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

would they nominate a song without a Music Video?

*in the GF

• This reply was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by  Pauly Antonio.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by  Pauly Antonio.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

I also think Ariana and Taylor are the biggest contenders for Pop Vocal Album I think people are rulling out Ariana because the album came out “too long” ago But she had 3 hit songs with that album, and it was well received by the critics

Bare in mind that 1989 was released in 2014 and it won BPVA in 2016. She has the chance to snatch that award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

would they nominate a song without a Music Video? *in the GF

If I’m not mistaken, D’Angelo “Really Love” don’t have music video.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! “Brown Skin Girl” will NOT show up in Song of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

I would like to see Brown Skin Girl on SOTY. It’s very beautiful. Grammys should care less about charts.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 842 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.