Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 794 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +14 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
DYNASTY
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Stop being delusional, we all know that Billie isn’t winning AOTY. Even her nomination is not a guarantee right now. Highly doubt the edgy whispering pop will attract the voters

She is absolutely guaranteed a nomination. You’ve got to stop letting your hate for this girl get in the way of your grip on reality.

And Billie may not win AOTY, but Ariana certainly isn’t going to.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

This is outright delusion.

Lmao, you don’t want people to question you about Billie but start getting brave with shit like this.

Neither is winning AOTY, but I still think that in any case, a career-high 5th album by a past winner is a more logical choice than a debut album. You’re allowed to disagree.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

I still can’t believe that DAMN lost to 24K Magic wtf

They literally had mostly Rap , R&B projects then Lorde and they chose Bruno …. that was literally trash

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donchano
    Topics:

ohhh. you’re one of those….

And you have no prove to support your claim that NARAS will go for Billie especially with that kind of music

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

Who do y’all feel is a worthy AOTY winner then ?

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Lmao, you don’t want people to question you about Billie but start getting brave with shit like this.

Neither is winning AOTY, but I still thonk that in any case, a career-high 5th album by a past winner is a more logical choice than a debut album. You’re allowed to disagree.

No, but it is pure delusion. Ariana doesn’t have the edge just because she’s been around longer. She’s the kind of overly glossy, manufactured pop star that the Grammys consistently avoid awarding AOTY to. You know this, but you just want to pretend Ariana has a fighting chance in the race, when she doesn’t. Her nomination will be her reward.

Sara Bareilles was not more competitive with her third album than Kendrick Lamar or Macklemore were with their first.

Missy Elliott was not more competitive with her fourth album than Evanescence were with their first.

And Eminem, the Dixie Chicks, Nelly, and Bruce Springsteen were clearly not more competitive than Norah Jones was with her first album since Jones went on to win the award over them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

No, but it is pure delusion. Ariana doesn’t have the edge just because she’s been around longer. She’s the kind of overly glossy, manufactured pop star that the Grammys consistently avoid awarding AOTY to. You know this, but you just want to pretend Ariana has a fighting chance in the race, when she doesn’t. Her nomination will be her reward.

Sara Bareilles was not more competitive with her third album than Kendrick Lamar or Macklemore were with their first.

Missy Elliott was not more competitive with her fourth album than Evanescence were with their first.

And Eminem, the Dixie Chicks, Nelly, and Bruce Springsteen were clearly not more competitive than Norah Jones was with her first album since Jones went on to win the award over them.

You’re comparing Billie to Norah Jones…

And again: you’re allowed to disagree, my original comment wasn’t for you, and clearly you have your thing with Billie. You need to calm down.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donchano
    Topics:

She is absolutely guaranteed a nomination. You’ve got to stop letting your hate for this girl get in the way of your grip on reality. And Billie may not win AOTY, but Ariana certainly isn’t going to.

Hello, I  put her in my prediction but there’s probability that she will have same fate like Timberlake (20/20 Experience) and Ed (÷).  Billie fans need to calm down and stop attacking others who disagree with them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donchano
    Topics:

Who do y’all feel is a worthy AOTY winner then ?

Me personally prefer Norman Fucking Rockwell

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donchano
    Topics:

Dear Billie fans, just read this thread from the first page to the latest one and see how aggressive you guys to others. Chill a bit

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

Me personally prefer Norman Fucking Rockwell

Same, but it seems like a long shot for her at this point but the critics literally raved her album through the roof, that could be her support. Pitchfork really came through.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

You’re comparing Billie to Norah Jones…

No, I’m not. I’m pointing out the fact that newness does not disqualify an artist, and that being around for a few years longer than somebody else doesn’t automatically give them the edge.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mr Brightside
    Topics:

No, I’m not. I’m pointing out the fact that newness does not disqualify an artist, and that being around for a few years longer than somebody else doesn’t automatically give them the edge.

Especially when the extra years of seniority result in a mediocre Grammy history.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

And you have no prove to support your claim that NARAS will go for Billie especially with that kind of music

What kind of music? You act like her album is full of songs like Bad Guy….

and once again you keep saying this like the NARAS are a bunch elderly white men who like in retirement homes…..

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

What kind of music? You act like her album is full of songs like Bad Guy….

and once again you keep saying this like the NARAS are a bunch elderly white men who like in retirement homes…..

I think he meant the edgy/”I’m not like other girls” type of energy. Indie pop girls don’t have the best track record.

Just give Gaga the damn award and let’s move on to 2021.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 794 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.