Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 842 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Pauly Antonio
Boz
  • daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m wondering how interesting it would be if AISB and Sunflower took AOTY, ROTY and SOTY it would be the first time in Grammy history that the top three categories would be carried by soundtracks and would be a great way to reward the big boom of soundtracks in recent years.

Interesting? It would be so BORING. I’d rather see Billie taking all the GF than this.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

True , as far as since 2002* is what i Meant to say.

2002: AOTY – O Brother, Where Art Thou? – Soundtrack

ROTY – Walk On U2

SOTY – Fallin songwriter (Alicia Keys)

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Interesting? It would be so BORING. I’d rather see Billie taking all the GF than this.

she probably won’t win anything if Lizzo gets a BNA entry

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Speaking of the 2002 Ceremony. I can’t believe she swept just like that. I would’ve pick Aaliyah’s ST to win … Best R&B Album.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie isn’t winning AoTY with her first album. When was the last time someone achieved that? Even Gaga couldn’t. And her debut was far more successful and revolutionary than Billie’s.

Unless the committee really stacks up shitty albums on top of each other in the AoTY category, I don’t see Lizzo or Billie winning.

In the history of the academy, only 4 artists managed to win BNA & AoTY the same night. The last time it happened is with Norah Jones in 2003. And she’s a lot safer/more traditional than Billie.

I wonder if Gaga isn’t nominated, who the Pop vote is going to. Can Ariana win AoTY?

• This reply was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana is not winning AOTY, lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana is not winning AOTY, lmao

Lmao or anything for that matter

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

If it comes down to a Ariana and Billie for AOTY I’d give the edge to Ariana. Billie’s too knew, and Ariana could get votes from different sectors since she makes pop-hybrids. That said, I doubt either of them will win.

IDK, I still feel like Lizzo’s got the edge. She’s new but not really, so this wouldn’t be as shocking as a Billie win. She has voters supporting her in 3 strong branches (Pop, R&B, Rap), and the album is one of the biggest albums this year.

AOTY this year seems to be a big shitfest. Gaga’s album seems like the most AOTY-ish, but Soundtracks have a hard time even getting in. Ariana is at her peak, but thank u next just doesn’t match the sound of other AOTY winners. Billie seems too new and edgy, and Lizzo is in a genre that usually gets pushed aside.

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I think an Alternative/Indie album is taking it this year. It’s definitely not a pop album.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

For some reason Rap has been struggling to get a AOTY win recently.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 10 hours ago by  deshunfenty.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 10 hours ago by  deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie isn’t winning AoTY with her first album. When was the last time someone achieved that? Even Gaga couldn’t. And her debut was far more successful and revolutionary than Billie’s. Unless the committee really stacks up shitty albums on top of each other in the AoTY category, I don’t see Lizzo or Billie winning.

The AOTY lineup was more stiff and competitive in 2010 than how it’s looking to be now. Im on and off on Billie winning aoty, its definitely not IMPOSSIBLE. She checks off all the boxes nearly all aoty winners check off. Comparing Gaga’s debut to Billie’s debut doesn’t make much sense since its different styles music. Gaga not winning on her debut doesn’t mean no one else on their debut can.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

For some reason Rap has been struggling to get a AOTY win recently.

I still can’t believe that DAMN lost to 24K Magic wtf

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

If it comes down to a Ariana and Billie for AOTY I’d give the edge to Ariana.

This is outright delusion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

The AOTY lineup was more stiff and competitive in 2010 than how it’s looking to be now. Im on and off on Billie winning aoty, its definitely not IMPOSSIBLE. She checks off all the boxes nearly all aoty winners check off. Comparing Gaga’s debut to Billie’s debut doesn’t make much sense since its different styles music. Gaga not winning on her debut doesn’t mean no one else on their debut can.

Stop being delusional, we all know that Billie isn’t winning AOTY. Even her nomination is not a guarantee right now. Highly doubt the edgy whispering pop will attract the voters

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Highly doubt the edgy whispering pop will attract the voters

ohhh. you’re one of those….

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 842 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.