Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 478 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

I only but lover because it seems like that’s her biggest shot at getting a single into the general field. But it’s only a guarantee in pop solo. And she isn’t getting into music video. Her videos have no substance or impact. Plus last year all of the music video nominees were black R&b/hip hop/pop artist. Which is why I think Normani could get in for motivation especially with her industry support. But I could see lizzo or Solange or even maybe Lana get into music video before Taylor does.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

What would be the best MV for Lana to use? Doin’ Time ?

#howrudeofme

na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

What would be the best MV for Lana to use? Doin’ Time ?

Yeah. The Grammys usually like alt pop artist in Music video too

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

However, she is eligible for general field SOTY and ROTY for it.

Nope. Songs from Grammy-winning albums are not eligible in any category anymore. They used to be eligible in ROTY but that is no longer the case.

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Predictions for female nominees: (obviously these aren’t all accurate and it’s just my opinion on what COULD happen But also highly probable) Billie Eilish 6 Noms •When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? – AOTY/POP VOCAL •Bad guy – Pop Solo/ROTY/SOTY •BNA Beyoncé 5 noms •Homecoming – best music film/AOTY/visual media album •spirit – visual media song •Brown Skin girl – r&b performance Ariana grande 5 noms •thank you, next – AOTY/SOTY/Pop Vocal/Pop solo • 7 rings – ROTY Taylor Swift 5 noms •Lover – AOTY/Pop vocal/pop solo/SOTY •soon you’ll get better – country duo Lizzo 4 noms •Cuz I love you – AOTY/urban contemporary •truth hurts- rap/sung •best new artist Lady Gaga 3 noms * always remember us this way – SOTY, pop solo, visual media song Normani 3 noms * Dancing With a Stranger – pop duo/ SOTY * motivation- best music video Maren morris 3 noms * Girl – country song, country album, country solo Megan thee stallion 2 noms * best new artist * cash s**t or hot girl summer – rap performance Camila Cabello 2 noms * Senorita- ROTY, pop duo Kacey musgraves 2 noms * rainbow – country song, country solo Lana DR * Norman f**kin Rockwell- pop vocal album Rosalía * best new artist

Just for curiosity, you dont think that ASIB wont be nominated for nothing?

na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Just for curiosity, you dont think that ASIB wont be nominated for nothing?

I forgot 🙃

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Has anyone found out if Rosalia is eligible for BNA after her Latin Grammy wins?? or are just gonna have to wait and see?

y'all ugly and smelly

BamaEd
    Participant
    Topics:

Nope. Songs from Grammy-winning albums are not eligible in any category anymore. They used to be eligible in ROTY but that is no longer the case.

Well dang, wow, they ain’t kidding with stuff anymore. Thank you for the update!

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Has anyone found out if Rosalia is eligible for BNA after her Latin Grammy wins?? or are just gonna have to wait and see?

I think she is eligible due to her not winning awards or being nominated for the The Regular Grammys. There’s like no specific rules for what I’ve been searching.

#howrudeofme

cheyenne lee
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a strong feeling that Lana will nab an AOTY nomination as a critic’s favourite (the same as Janelle last year). I really want her to win but it was released at the end of the deadline, but here’s to hoping the committee FINALLY acknowledge her

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

“A Star Is Born” by Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper becomes the first female album since Adele’s “25” to sell 5 MILLION units worldwide. UWC

cheyenne lee
    Participant
    Topics:

“A Star Is Born” by Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper becomes the first female album since Adele’s “25” to sell 5 MILLION units worldwide. UWC

well, good for her

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

didn’t you JUST say in the last thread that it sold 6mil WW?

y'all ugly and smelly

cheyenne lee
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone make sure you stream Haunted Heart by Xtina as soon as it comes out!

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Actually both ASIB and Reputation crossed 5M on the same week

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.