Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 493 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +28 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I just hope the Academy actually hires “funny” host for this upcoming Ceremony …

#howrudeofme

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I just hope the Academy actually hires “funny” host for this upcoming Ceremony …

Or they should hire nobody and go host-less like the Oscars did. It was so much more bearable to watch and sped things up.

na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Can y’all see Normani in Best Music Video ?

Yes. She’s certainly not a lock. But as I explained before the nominees have been mostly black urban pop artist. 8/10 of the nominees from the past two years were black. Normani has huge amounts of industry support. Dave Meyers directed the mv and he also has a lot of backing. And just won 2 years ago. And for people saying the only thing that was good about the video was the dancing well that certainly helped most of the nominated videos from the last few years get nominated. It’s really delusional to act like she isn’t a factor in that category. Is she a front runner No but neither is Billie or lil nas x who all we know could be completely snubbed. Personally I think Lana del rey has a better shot then Billie. and old town road at best will score rap/sung and ROTY.

Bunni 33
    Participant
    Topics:

There is no correlation between the Emmy and Grammy voters. So I’m not sure why Beyoncé’s chances are dead. And even if we were to go off of that narrative. Wouldn’t that mean that Beyonce would score a lot of nominations and then end up shut out? I really don’t understand that hate for Beyonce. Maybe her chances in Aoty are somewhat dead but I can still see her scoring a lot of genre noms.

JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve noticed Music Video seems to be the main buzz in this thread of late. In my opinion, the nominees would be

“Earfquake” by Tyler, the Creator

“Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus

“Cellophane” by FKA Twigs

“bad guy” by Billie Eilish

<insert fifth nomination here>

Best Music Video has been known for nominating rather unpopular videos. Beck’s “Up All Night” for example was nominated. Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies” wasn’t. So, popularity isn’t exactly a guarantee here.

Fenty101
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes. She’s certainly not a lock. But as I explained before the nominees have been mostly black urban pop artist. 8/10 of the nominees from the past two years were black. Normani has huge amounts of industry support. Dave Meyers directed the mv and he also has a lot of backing. And just won 2 years ago. And for people saying the only thing that was good about the video was the dancing well that certainly helped most of the nominated videos from the last few years get nominated. It’s really delusional to act like she isn’t a factor in that category. Is she a front runner No but neither is Billie or lil nas x who all we know could be completely snubbed. Personally I think Lana del rey has a better shot then Billie. and old town road at best will score rap/sung and ROTY.

idk if the recent success or buzz around Normani will get motivation nominated but it will help her chances with dancing with a stranger. I wouldn’t leave her out of the conversation for best music video but she’s definitely not a front runner yet.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Motivation’ shouldn’t even be in the discussion for Best Music Video.

Fenty101
    Participant
    Topics:

best music video predictions:

front runners

Fka twigs – cellophane

solange – Almeda

tyler the creator – earfquake

contenders

Billie Eilish – bad guy

doja cat – juicy

normani – motivation

Tierra whack – unemployed

Iyla – juice

Lana del Rey – doin time

na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Motivation’ shouldn’t even be in the discussion for Best Music Video.

Well it is! 🤗 I’m sooo sorry chance the rapper is scraping to get a Grammy nomination this year but that isn’t normani’s fault.

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

There is no correlation between the Emmy and Grammy voters. So I’m not sure why Beyoncé’s chances are dead. And even if we were to go off of that narrative. Wouldn’t that mean that Beyonce would score a lot of nominations and then end up shut out? I really don’t understand that hate for Beyonce. Maybe her chances in Aoty are somewhat dead but I can still see her scoring a lot of genre noms.

Its Not hate for Beyoncé, it’s Just that most people here don’t see a old live album getting nominated and winning the aoty like some beyfans have been trying to suggest and to force that this was going to happen. The emmys were Beyoncés big chances of getting Something important, with her complete defeat It only reinforces what most people have been saying here about her chances at the GF for months, and this also shall affect her chances in smaller categories like Best Music Film, which before yesterday she was a lock to win

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  jowgbruno.
    Bunni 33
    Participant
    Topics:

Its Not hate for Beyoncé, it’s Just that most people here don’t see a old live album getting nominated and winning the aoty like some beyfans have been trying to suggest and to force that this was going to happen. The emmys were Beyoncés big chances of getting Something important, with her complete defeat It only reinforces what most people have been saying here about her chances at the GF for months, and this also shall affect her chances in smaller categories like Best Music Film, which before yesterday she was a lock to win

yeah I agree. I don’t see the gf happening but I still think she’ll have a decent amount of noms. Winning music film will be an uphill battle for her especially against Bruce Springsteen but she’ll get nominated.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

I never understood why some posters were using “Homecoming”’s EMMY nominations as a way to justify her Grammy prospects.

They’re two different voting bodies and award shows. Each reward two completely different medias.

When it’s all said and done, a lot of users have overestimated Beyoncé from the beginning.

Sometimes it’s good to take off the stan lenses and be objective to other people’s opinions.

Everything isn’t always “hate”.

It is fool to think they don’t effect other. No one saying one cause the other. But things like this add buzz which gets the name out there is part of campaign. You guys are saying ASIB because Oscar too. People said Justin TImberlake because of Superbowl. If he won Homecoming voters would be remember especially during pivotal voting period. THey will turn on phone, see big news about Beyonce won 3 Emmy and think thats great and vote. It doesn’t happen now so we will rely on critics choice and name to get in top 20. Once we are in top 20 the special comittee will decide. The Emym make it easier but it’s still possible.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

It is fool to think they don’t effect other. No one saying one cause the other. But things like this add buzz which gets the name out there is part of campaign. You guys are saying ASIB because Oscar too. People said Justin TImberlake because of Superbowl. If he won Homecoming voters would be remember especially during pivotal voting period. THey will turn on phone, see big news about Beyonce won 3 Emmy and think thats great and vote. It doesn’t happen now so we will rely on critics choice and name to get in top 20. Once we are in top 20 the special comittee will decide. The Emym make it easier but it’s still possible.

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we move on from the Homecoming madness.  :/

#howrudeofme

Saket fedex
    Participant
    Topics:

ME!  music video is better than bad guy…

Overall this year’s music video is not iconic as Bad blood,  rolling in the deep,  alright….

Saket Fedex

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.