Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 478 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
Darren
DYNASTY
  • Profile picture
    Fenty101
    Topics:

Yes. She’s certainly not a lock. But as I explained before the nominees have been mostly black urban pop artist. 8/10 of the nominees from the past two years were black. Normani has huge amounts of industry support. Dave Meyers directed the mv and he also has a lot of backing. And just won 2 years ago. And for people saying the only thing that was good about the video was the dancing well that certainly helped most of the nominated videos from the last few years get nominated. It’s really delusional to act like she isn’t a factor in that category. Is she a front runner No but neither is Billie or lil nas x who all we know could be completely snubbed. Personally I think Lana del rey has a better shot then Billie. and old town road at best will score rap/sung and ROTY.

idk if the recent success or buzz around Normani will get motivation nominated but it will help her chances with dancing with a stranger. I wouldn’t leave her out of the conversation for best music video but she’s definitely not a front runner yet.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

‘Motivation’ shouldn’t even be in the discussion for Best Music Video.

Profile picture
    Fenty101
    Topics:

best music video predictions:

front runners

Fka twigs – cellophane

solange – Almeda

tyler the creator – earfquake

contenders

Billie Eilish – bad guy

doja cat – juicy

normani – motivation

Tierra whack – unemployed

Iyla – juice

Lana del Rey – doin time

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

‘Motivation’ shouldn’t even be in the discussion for Best Music Video.

Well it is! 🤗 I’m sooo sorry chance the rapper is scraping to get a Grammy nomination this year but that isn’t normani’s fault.

Profile picture
    jowgbruno
    Topics:

There is no correlation between the Emmy and Grammy voters. So I’m not sure why Beyoncé’s chances are dead. And even if we were to go off of that narrative. Wouldn’t that mean that Beyonce would score a lot of nominations and then end up shut out? I really don’t understand that hate for Beyonce. Maybe her chances in Aoty are somewhat dead but I can still see her scoring a lot of genre noms.

Its Not hate for Beyoncé, it’s Just that most people here don’t see a old live album getting nominated and winning the aoty like some beyfans have been trying to suggest and to force that this was going to happen. The emmys were Beyoncés big chances of getting Something important, with her complete defeat It only reinforces what most people have been saying here about her chances at the GF for months, and this also shall affect her chances in smaller categories like Best Music Film, which before yesterday she was a lock to win

• This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by jowgbruno.
    Profile picture
    Bunni 33
    Topics:

Its Not hate for Beyoncé, it’s Just that most people here don’t see a old live album getting nominated and winning the aoty like some beyfans have been trying to suggest and to force that this was going to happen. The emmys were Beyoncés big chances of getting Something important, with her complete defeat It only reinforces what most people have been saying here about her chances at the GF for months, and this also shall affect her chances in smaller categories like Best Music Film, which before yesterday she was a lock to win

yeah I agree. I don’t see the gf happening but I still think she’ll have a decent amount of noms. Winning music film will be an uphill battle for her especially against Bruce Springsteen but she’ll get nominated.

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

I never understood why some posters were using “Homecoming”’s EMMY nominations as a way to justify her Grammy prospects.

They’re two different voting bodies and award shows. Each reward two completely different medias.

When it’s all said and done, a lot of users have overestimated Beyoncé from the beginning.

Sometimes it’s good to take off the stan lenses and be objective to other people’s opinions.

Everything isn’t always “hate”.

It is fool to think they don’t effect other. No one saying one cause the other. But things like this add buzz which gets the name out there is part of campaign. You guys are saying ASIB because Oscar too. People said Justin TImberlake because of Superbowl. If he won Homecoming voters would be remember especially during pivotal voting period. THey will turn on phone, see big news about Beyonce won 3 Emmy and think thats great and vote. It doesn’t happen now so we will rely on critics choice and name to get in top 20. Once we are in top 20 the special comittee will decide. The Emym make it easier but it’s still possible.

Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

It is fool to think they don’t effect other. No one saying one cause the other. But things like this add buzz which gets the name out there is part of campaign. You guys are saying ASIB because Oscar too. People said Justin TImberlake because of Superbowl. If he won Homecoming voters would be remember especially during pivotal voting period. THey will turn on phone, see big news about Beyonce won 3 Emmy and think thats great and vote. It doesn’t happen now so we will rely on critics choice and name to get in top 20. Once we are in top 20 the special comittee will decide. The Emym make it easier but it’s still possible.

#howrudeofme

Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

Can we move on from the Homecoming madness.  :/

#howrudeofme

Profile picture
    reputationsgrammy
    Topics:

Bad Guy WINNING Best Music Video??? It seems like to be considered for that a video has to either have a great narrative storyline, huge cultural impact, and/or be visually impeccable. Bad Guy’s is …. none of the above. What, she did some color blocking and you’re all gagged? I’ll say she could get a nomination for WTPO’s video.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

You Taylor fans are embarrassing.

Profile picture
    reputationsgrammy
    Topics:

You Taylor fans are embarrassing.

You just said Bad Guy, arguably one of the most basic music videos released this year, would WIN Best Music Video, an award usually given to, as I said, videos that were impeccably stunning OR had an undeniable impact on culture (the VIDEO, not song).

Calling Taylor stans embarrassing when that is the overwhelmingly popular opinion on this thread is easy. YOU need to be called out more for your OBVIOUS bias towards Billie, which you get away with because, for reasons unbeknownst to me, she’s wildly more respected here.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

It doesn’t matter what Billie submits because she’ll get nominated anyway. She should pull a Janelle Monáe and submit Bad Guy, Bury A Friend & When The Party’s Over and let the committee decide.

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

Sorry to say this Billie Eillish will not be winning music video

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

You just said Bad Guy, arguably one of the most basic music videos released this year, would WIN Best Music Video, an award usually given to, as I said, videos that were impeccably stunning OR had an undeniable impact on culture (the VIDEO, not song).

On top of being one of the most popular videos of the year, it was nominated for Best Direction at the VMAs and won Best Editing. Those are both technical categories that are decided by a panel of experts, not fans. (Two other Billie videos were nominated for cinematography and visual effects.) The director, Dave Meyers, has won Best Music Video twice at the Grammys. It’s a no-brainer nomination, especially for an artist who is known for her creative music videos. And her popularity, combined with the popularity of the song itself, is likely to translate into a win.

Calling Taylor stans embarrassing when that is the overwhelmingly popular opinion on this thread is easy. YOU need to be called out more for your OBVIOUS bias towards Billie, which you get away with because, for reasons unbeknownst to me, she’s wildly more respected here.

Because you Taylor fans ARE embarrassing. The way you constantly downplay everyone else’s chances that you deem as a threat to her, like Billie, is pathetic. And I think you all do it because you know, like the rest of us, that Taylor is not going to pull in a big nominations haul this year, and she is almost certainly going home empty-handed.

I like Billie, but there are plenty of other artists I like who have no shot at getting Grammy nominations. I have a pretty good track record at predicting nominations and winners. So call me biased if you want to. I’m just able to see the writing on the wall that she’s right up Grammy voters’ alley.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.