Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 478 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

No I prefer black artists winning GENERAL FIELD! Unless Gaga takes it!

It will never ever happen like in the previous Grammys. A Star Is Born soundtrack album may have a same treatment with Frozen.

João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re being racist honey! GET OUT!

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I know you didn’t. I’m just saying, if those are your only beacons of hope for an AOTY win, you’re probably going to end up disappointed whether ASIB or something else wins.

Well I’ve been disappointed almost every year this decade so it’s nothing new.

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re being racist honey! GET OUT!

But, still, Beyoncé got robbed in the recent Emmys for losing all awards. So, stop this Homecoming from being nominated in AOTY because it’s not happening at all.

João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Participant
    Topics:

Sorry but Billie only deserve to win for bad guy, nothing MORE HONEY!

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

The only possible AOTY winner is between When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go and Lover.

LOL

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

September predictions for AOTY:
    -Lover(Taylor Swift)
    -When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?(Billie Eilish)
    -IGOR(Tyler the Creator)
    -Cuz I Love You(Lizzo)
    -Heard It In a Past Life(Maggie Rogers)
    -Free Spirit(Khalid)
    -Norman Freaking Rockwell(Lana Del Rey)
    -Father of the Bride(The Vampire Weekend)

This may be the toughest category in the General Field because of split votes from Alternative, Pop, Rap, etc. Lana and Billie would split Alternative votes while Lizzo and Tyler will split votes with Rap. I don’t even know who will win especially Taylor Swift who’s gunning for her third AOTY, but I don’t see her winning because she has already won AOTY twice. On their other hand, Billie Eilish may get AOTY, but her only problem is that could the Grammy committee block her because of whispering pop factor. Also, she could be the youngest AOTY winner at 18 on Grammy night next year and it won’t likely happen.

Will win: When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go
    Should win: Lover(but it could trigger a backlash)
    Dark horse: Norman Freaking Rockwell

João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m just laughing at your predictions? What the hell Lover is doing there! They told me that the Blue Ribbon Panel (the ones who ensure that there is diversity among the nominees) is blocking #Lover from the AOTY category to avoid the risk of a 3rd victory for miss Taylor Swift there

MG
    Participant
    Topics:

The only locks for me is Thank U, Next, When We All Asleep Where Do We Go, A Star is Born for an Album Of The Year Nomination.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Marlon G.
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG, this place is filled with ‘Little Monsters’ and Billie stans! Where is your taste?!

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG, this place is filled with ‘Little Monsters’ and Billie stans! Where is your taste?!

Dont forget Swifites, beyhive and nonsense haters Just like you

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

A question we’re frequently hearing from all corners of the biz: Who will be the Brandi Carlile of this year’s Grammys, assuming there is one? We’re talking about a wild card—an unexpected (but deserving) recipient of multiple noms whose career gets supercharged by all that love and hardware. (The potential for a showstopping performance on the telecast doesn’t hurt either.)

We’ve come up with a few possible left-field candidates—some of them newcomers and some more established—who might earn a place among the top-tier nominees. We welcome your suggestions as well.

Maggie Rogers: The Capitol singer/songwriter, who won Pharrell Williams’ imprimatur while attending a masterclass at NYU’s Clive Davis Institute, earned strong reviews and buzz for her ambitious full-length Heard It in a Past Life, and her song “Light On” continues to resonate. If enough Grammy voters tune into her wavelength, she could be dangerous in all four top categories.

Rosalía: Swooping in from Spain with a totally fresh fusion of pop, dance and Flamenco, this blazing newcomer (on Columbia) looks like a top contender for BNA; her album El Mal Querer, meanwhile, is ambitious and absorbing. Could one of its tracks (or one of her more recent, pop-skewing singles like her duets with J Balvin and Ozuna) make the ROTY/SOTY cut as well?

Gary Clark, Jr.: A hot guitarist and versatile singer/songwriter with a flair for multiple styles—and an Academy favorite—the Warner Records artist scored a Traditional R&B Performance Grammy in 2014, the same year he got a Rock Song nom. His album This Land is a career milestone, and its title track has a political punch that’s not so very far from Childish Gambino’s ROTY/SOTY winner, “This Is America.”

Tyler Childers: Exploring country and other roots genres from well outside the country mainstream—and produced by kindred spirit Sturgill Simpson, another “Americana” champ beloved by Grammy—RCA’s Kentucky troubadour paints evocative, soulful pictures on sophomore set Country Squire. Could he be a dark horse for BNA, Album and maybe more?

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317961&title=GRAMMY-CHEW%3A-WHO-COULD-BE-THIS-YEAR’S-BRANDI-CARLILE%3F

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg WHATS going on here 😬😬

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! When I Get Home and Homecoming are not getting nominated in AOTY. A Star Is Born may do the same thing like Frozen soundtrack. The only possible AOTY winner is between When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go and Lover.

lover ? No

#howrudeofme

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

The less everyone here acknowledges Matt/Miguel, the better. He’s a delusional troll with his head all the way up Taylor’s ass, and he hardly, if ever, provides relevant commentary, instead cycling through the same 2-3 incoherent talking points.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.