Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 493 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +28 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

None of those is deserving of AoTY. In fact, I think any winner other than ASIB or WWAFWDWG this year would be a shame.

You claim ASIB shouldn’t win because it died after the Oscars, but ironically it’s still charting higher than 3/4 of those albums you mentioned.

If ASIB isn’t nominated (which I think would be the most deserving), the voters should just give it to Billie. She’s new but at least her album is not only acclaimed but also best selling.

Yes, Billie Eilish should win AOTY, but I don’t see her taking it because not all fresh new Artist win AOTY same like Sam Smith and Amy Winehouse.

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

None of those is deserving of AoTY. In fact, I think any winner other than ASIB or WWAFWDWG this year would be a shame. You claim ASIB shouldn’t win because it died after the Oscars, but ironically it’s still charting higher than 3/4 of those albums you mentioned. If ASIB isn’t nominated (which I think would be the most deserving), the voters should just give it to Billie. She’s new but at least her album is not only acclaimed but also best selling.

Exactly, I dont get this thing with “ASIB hype cooled down so it dont deserve” I mean, if you take out WWAFAWDWG and CILY basically every other album we talk in here the hype already died a long time ago, the difference is that ASIB had the perfect run from october last year to the end of August, lasted long enough to make its mark.

Ps: The album have a freaking BAFTA, how on Earth it doesn’t deserve to win or would not be a great winner?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  jowgbruno.
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is peaking at the right time. She’s about to break a record . I can see her taking something home . She deserves .

#howrudeofme

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is peaking at the right time. She’s about to break a record . I can see her taking something home . She deserves .

She’s aiming for that ROTY and SOTY nom!

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

You claim ASIB shouldn’t win because it died after the Oscars, but ironically it’s still charting higher than 3/4 of those albums you mentioned.

I don’t think it should win because I personally don’t think it was that good outside of Shallow, I’ll Never Love Again, Always Remember Us This Way & Is That Alright?.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

LEGACY! LEGACY!
    Father of the Bride
    IGOR
    Cuz I Love You

All of those except Lizzo are long shots to win anyway.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

All of those except Lizzo are long shots to win anyway.

Didn’t say they were going to win.

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

I can already see more than 5 shocking snubs announced this November 20 in AOTY, ROTY, and SOTY combined in the 62nd Grammys especially Ariana Grande who could be snubbed due to the feud in the previously Grammys. As I said, everyone will not be happy about it because it may be expected to be worse than last year.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Didn’t say they were going to win.

I know you didn’t. I’m just saying, if those are your only beacons of hope for an AOTY win, you’re probably going to end up disappointed whether ASIB or something else wins.

João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY contenders with most chances to win:

A Star Is Born: It sold a lot of copies worldwide, had a smash hit and it put Gaga back to the top! This is the safiest choice Grammys have to avoid themselves from backlash!
    Chances: 70% from 100%

IGOR: The rap albums this time may have gone 1 week after their own popularity, but the GRAMMYS may think that it’s time to give the award Rap and Hip Hop deserves since a long long time!
    Chances: 60% from 100%

Cuz I Love You: If they go with Woman choice for AOTY, I can see this being one of the top 2 contenders for AOTY.
    Chances: 65% from 100%

When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?: This was a successful album, but will win the top award? If she doesn’t win the own Genre category (Pop Vocal Album), she won’t have many chances to win AOTY.
    Chances: 50% from 100%

When I Get Home: A very acclaimed album, with non-hits and being the Golden Hour of 2020 Grammys. I see this one as the winner for now!
    Chances: 80% from 100%

Homecoming: I wish Beyoncé would win, but as they say, it turns many yeara that a LIVE ALBUM actually won AOTY! For that reason, I don’t see them giving AOTY to Beyoncé! On a perfect world, she would win this!
    Chances: 40% from 100%

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Metacritic barely affect in determining the AOTY. I put Golden Hour as frontrunner simply because the album would sweep all the votes from country committee. And we all know that country voters have significant influence in general field. The question is what album within eligibility period that strong enough to snatch country committee?

Country albums also lost AOTY in 2017, 2016, 2014, 2011, 2008, 2003…

And most of the country stuff that wins in the general field is pop crossover (Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, etc.)

Country voters really aren’t any more powerful than anyone else, lol

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY contenders with most chances to win:

A Star Is Born: It sold a lot of copies worldwide, had a smash hit and it put Gaga back to the top! This is the safiest choice Grammys have to avoid themselves from backlash!
    Chances: 70% from 100%

IGOR: The rap albums this time may have gone 1 week after their own popularity, but the GRAMMYS may think that it’s time to give the award Rap and Hip Hop deserves since a long long time!
    Chances: 60% from 100%

Cuz I Love You: If they go with Woman choice for AOTY, I can see this being one of the top 2 contenders for AOTY.
    Chances: 65% from 100%

When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?: This was a successful album, but will win the top award? If she doesn’t win the own Genre category (Pop Vocal Album), she won’t have many chances to win AOTY.
    Chances: 50% from 100%

When I Get Home: A very acclaimed album, with non-hits and being the Golden Hour of 2020 Grammys. I see this one as the winner for now!
    Chances: 80% from 100%

Homecoming: I wish Beyoncé would win, but as they say, it turns many yeara that a LIVE ALBUM actually won AOTY! For that reason, I don’t see them giving AOTY to Beyoncé! On a perfect world, she would win this!
    Chances: 40% from 100%

Get real! When I Get Home and Homecoming are not getting nominated in AOTY. A Star Is Born may do the same thing like Frozen soundtrack. The only possible AOTY winner is between When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go and Lover.

João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Participant
    Topics:

No I prefer black artists winning GENERAL FIELD! Unless Gaga takes it!

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

No I prefer black artists winning GENERAL FIELD! Unless Gaga takes it!

It will never ever happen like in the previous Grammys. A Star Is Born soundtrack album may have a same treatment with Frozen.

João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re being racist honey! GET OUT!

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.