Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 478 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Childish Gambino are all beatable artists. They have all lost multiple categories within the past two years.

“Truth Hurts” is almost undeniable, but there is some huge sentiment for Nipsey Hussle that could help him in an upset. “Tints” could also be a threat if submitted there, but I think there’s a possibility it could go R&B Performance, especially if “Make It Better” goes Traditional.

“Truth Hurts” is just one of those solo rap/sung performances that this category was altered for.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyonce and Jay are hip hop royalty. And add golden boy Childish Gambino. You have delusional to think it won’t be competition.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyonce and Jay are hip hop royalty. And add golden boy Childish Gambino. You have delusional to think it won’t be competition.

Hip Hop royalty that lost here multiple times. Childish Gambino won Grammys for music that was undeniable. I have not seen him win for anything else, so it’s not for us to believe that he is that big of a Grammy heavyweight.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a deep cut from a flop album, and we’re talking about a category almost exclusively won by hit singles. It gets a name-check nomination at best.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Beyoncé (and Jay-Z if nominated) are going home empty-handed.

I think she could possibly win World Music Album if The Gift is placed there, and maybe R&B Performance if the committee stacks the deck for “Before I Let Go” to win.

Other than that, I think she falters in every other category where she’s even remotely competitive. She doesn’t have a hit for R&B Song. Urban Contemporary Album is Lizzo’s. Music Film will go to Springsteen if the history of that category is any indication (on top of the fact that Springsteen’s special just beat Beyoncé’s for an Emmy). Visual Media Song is either Gaga or Post Malone.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

The Rap Panel can also shut out “Truth Hurts”. It’s a song that has little to no urban airplay. If they can block ACTUAL URBAN hits such as In My Feelings and I Like It (songs that were BIGGER than Truth Hurts) then what makes us so sure that she’s a lock for that category either.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Also “Please Me” by Cardi and Bruno is not being predicted heavily by anyone here but it could sneak in and get a filler nom in Rap/Sung Performance. It was a decent sized hit this year.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

The Rap Panel can also shut out “Truth Hurts”. It’s a song that has little to no urban airplay.

It’s #11 and rising on mainstream urban, and just cracked the top 40 on urban AC.

And lack of urban airplay (or airplay in general) didn’t stop them from nominating “Family Feud” or that Christina Aguilera song.

It’s also obvious the rap committee wasn’t that crazy about Drake in general, since they shut Scorpion out of Album.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s #11 and rising on mainstream urban, and just cracked the top 40 on urban AC.

And lack of urban airplay (or airplay in general) didn’t stop them from nominating “Family Feud” or that Christina Aguilera song.

It’s also obvious the rap committee wasn’t that crazy about Drake in general, since they shut Scorpion out of Album.

“Family Feud” was a Deep cut from a “Flop” album remember? The same tactic that you just used a few posts to negate any chances Mood 4 EVA had of being competition.

Lizzo is susceptible to the same fate of those bigger hits. Both In My Feelings and I Like it peaked at #1 on urban airplay. Chistina getting in isn’t that big of a surprise. She’s a respected vet and deep cuts get into the Rap genre all the time.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“Family Feud” was a Deep cut from a “Flop” album remember? The same tactic that you just used a few posts to negate any chances Mood 4 EVA had of being competition.

4:44 was actually successful on top of being an AOTY nominee

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

4:44 was actually successful on top of being an AOTY nominee

Pre-Nominations no one expected it to get in based off the same premise. Plus “successful” describing 4:44 is a big question mark because Jay-Z with-hold streams for 2 weeks in order to get a #1 debut and the Platinum cert is questionable.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

The Rap Panel can also shut out “Truth Hurts”. It’s a song that has little to no urban airplay. If they can block ACTUAL URBAN hits such as In My Feelings and I Like It (songs that were BIGGER than Truth Hurts) then what makes us so sure that she’s a lock for that category either.

Truth Hurts (so far) has peaked at #4 on the Rap Airplay charts. It’s a big multi-format hit, and it’s definitely more of a rap song than I Like It (it’s also in fully in English).

Drake was left out of Rap/Sung on purpose, and has lost many, many times. He’s not a Grammy favourite.

Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve said this before, but I think Gary Clark Jr. will be the “Brandi Carlile of this year’s Grammys.” It makes perfect sense to me, but I’m still unsure if he’ll get into all three top categories as Carlile did. Currently predicting him to do so because the other contenders are so weak… I only predicted Carlile to get into SOTY last year.

It would also be cool to see the BRP embrace lesser-known, critically acclaimed women like Sharon Van Etten, Weyes Blood, or Jenny Lewis, who I think all have a fighting chance to get into the last slot in Alternative Album (if submitted there).

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Pre-Nominations no one expected it to get in based off the same premise. Plus “successful” describing 4:44 is a big question mark because Jay-Z with-hold streams for 2 weeks in order to get a #1 debut and the Platinum cert is questionable.

4:44 was one of the top 40 albums of the year. I would call that objectively successful, albeit not a blockbuster.

Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Gaga/Bradley submits like this: Album of the Year: A Star Is born OST Best Compilation Soundtrack – A Star is Born OST Record of the Year – I’ll Never Love Again (extended version) Song of the Year – Always Remember Us this Way Pop Solo – I’ll Never Love Again (Extended Version) Pop/Duo – I Don’t Know What Love Is American Roots Performance- Maybe it’s Time American Roots Song – Maybe It’s Time Rock Performance – Black Eyes Rock Song – Black Eyes Song for Visual Media – Always Remember Us This Way I see them getting at least 4 of these.

The “I Don’t Know What Love Is” inclusion….. the taste!!!! THE TASTE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.