Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 478 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
Darren
Pauly Antonio
  • chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

If Bruce wins the emmy this weekend and his documentary does well, I can see him making it into AOTY. But it’s not happening without some buzz.

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

You are exaggerating, it’s not tragic if the album get nominated for AOTY. It is well-received by critic and one of the most successful album released within the eligibility period. Winning AOTY is another story which is why I don’t predict Lover snatching the award.

Darling u r the one exaggerating saying that Lover could be the Dark Horse of this year. It would be tragic if nominated because there are so many more people that deserved it more this nomimation, not to say a win. The album is already aging like milk, the singles and Songs are dopring from the charts, the sales too, the grade it’s not Something special or different from other Taylor albuns or even albuns from this year that could be nominated in this place and Taylor really doesnt have a narrative to the aoty, she can be nominated but it would na tragic When a better and/or more memorable album could be nominated in it’s place

Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

What really kills Taylors chances IMO is the fact she doesn’t have a stable strong hit from the album. Lover is in no means a masterpiece but it certainly isn’t as bad as the lead singles would suggest. She missed real opportunities to release better songs of the album (Cruel Summer would have been a GREAT choice). Now everyone just thinks about Me! and YNTCD which aren’t even representative of the album. I don’t even see her winning Pop Vocal Album but its possible.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Alexandra.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Alexandra.
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

You are deranged if you think ‘Lover’ is getting nominated for SOTY, let alone win. That garbage is projected to fall out the top 40 on its 4th week.

If ‘Blank Space’ couldn’t win, this absolutely won’t.

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, not this Homecoming mess again. Beyoncé is NOT getting an Album of the Year nomination. Case closed!

A live album hasn’t been nominated since Tony Bennett’s win in the 90’s.

I’m surprised (but not shocked) that users feel that confident predicting it in Album of the Year.

There are so many reasons why it may not happen. But of course if you state why, you’re labeled a “hater” LOL!

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt the Grammy voters even know what Metacritic even is….the last time they gave aoty to someone with the highest MC score was Kacey.

Users put way too much value on Metacritic! It means absolutely nothing.

The highest rated albums rarely win or get nominated.

The Grammys are more about respect and genre bias than critical acclaim.

Getting a high score is a nice additive. But voters could care less. Stans just use it to brag about their favorite artist LOL!

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to spark Emmy buzz in the Music forum, but Bruce Springsteen and Beyoncé are nominated in the same category. If I were to choose, I’d leave this one to Springsteen, though it’d make it the second time Beyoncé’s losing in this category. However, Beyoncé has other Emmy nominations this year, so, they could give her one of them.

I honestly hope Western Stars floods the American Roots category and possibly an AOTY nomination too. It’s such a great album. Americana at one of its finest.

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Time to make use of the ignore button. I’m sick of these stans arguments.

I’ve been utilizing that lately. It really makes being on these threads less stressful. I was getting sick of certain users attacking every prediction or opinion I had just because they didn’t agree. Grow up!

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

A live album hasn’t been nominated since Tony Bennett’s win in the 90’s. I’m surprised (but not shocked) that users feel that confident predicting it in Album of the Year. There are so many reasons why it may not happen. But of course if you state why, you’re labeled a “hater” LOL!

The only reason they think that is going to be nominated it’s because it is Beyoncé

Someone even Said that Tony Bennett it’s not in Beyoncés level lol

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

You are deranged if you think ‘Lover’ is getting nominated for SOTY, let alone win. That garbage is projected to fall out the top 40 on its 4th week. If ‘Blank Space’ couldn’t win, this absolutely won’t.

That garbage get widespread acclaimed, you tried it honey. Never mind I think you misspelled MEH! as Lover

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling u r the one exaggerating saying that Lover could be the Dark Horse of this year. It would be tragic if nominated because there are so many more people that deserved it more this nomimation, not to say a win. The album is already aging like milk, the singles and Songs are dopring from the charts, the sales too, the grade it’s not Something special or different from other Taylor albuns or even albuns from this year that could be nominated in this place and Taylor really doesnt have a narrative to the aoty, she can be nominated but it would na tragic When a better and/or more memorable album could be nominated in it’s place

Honey, charts performance isn’t an absolute indicator for winning AOTY. I put the album as dark horse in case no country album makes it into the final eight, she may get some votes from country committee especially if she submit Soon You’ll Get Better to country field

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

So could the Grammys this year pull a veteran move for AOTY ?

#howrudeofme

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

So could the Grammys this year pull a veteran move for AOTY ?

Yes possible because you won’t like it but I know someone who is a veteran and legend and overdue who released top critic album this year…

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, charts performance isn’t an absolute indicator for winning AOTY. I put the album as dark horse in case no country album makes it into the final eight, she may get some votes from country committee especially if she submit Soon You’ll Get Better to country field

In Taylor’s case could be since Both of her victories were on the peak of her carrer

JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sure Bruce Springsteen is in the forefront for the American Roots categories.

Tool and Slipknot are almost certain selections in the Rock categories.

The National and Vampire Weekend are front-runners for the Alternative Music category.

Maren Morris seems to be about the major contender in the Country field.

Ariana Grande and Billie Eilish seem to have a lead in the race for the Pop awards.

Lizzo might just be the showstopper in the R&B field.

Tyler, the creator is definitely making a huge splash in the Rap field.

My point is, we’ve established who’s making impact in the major categories. The other categories need some attention too. I know they’re not so popular, but they deserve some love. Anyone familiar with Jazz, Latin, Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music, New Age, Children’s music and any of the other unpopular categories, the “unpopular” thread is still there. I wouldn’t want replies to this post because this particular forum seems to be mainly for the general field and more popular categories. Only using this as an advertisement.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.