Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 597 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Boz
deshunfenty
  • Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Let’s continue the conversation here.

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

The last thread only lasted 9 days… wow

(Actually 7 If you count that people only started to really talk there after 2 days)

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Updated predictions:

Album of the Year
    Gary Clark Jr. – This Land
    Lana Del Rey – Norman Fucking Rockwell!
    Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
    Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next
    Khalid – Free Spirit
    Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born
    Lizzo – Cuz I Love You
    Tyler, the Creator – Igor

Record of the Year
    Gary Clark Jr. – “This Land”
    Billie Eilish – “Bad Guy”
    Ariana Grande – “Thank U, Next” or “7 Rings”
    Khalid – “Talk”
    Lizzo – “Truth Hurts”
    Post Malone & Swae Lee – “Sunflower”
    Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello – “Señorita”
    Tyler, the Creator – “Earfquake”

Song of the Year
    “Bad Guy” (Billie Eilish)
    “Someone You Loved” (Lewis Capaldi)
    “Speechless” (Dan + Shay)
    “Sunflower” (Post Malone & Swae Lee)
    “Talk” (Khalid)
    “Thank U, Next” (Ariana Grande)
    “This Land” (Gary Clark Jr.)
    “Truth Hurts” (Lizzo)

Best New Artist
    Lewis Capaldi
    Tyler Childers
    Billie Eilish
    Lizzo
    Maggie Rogers
    Rosalía
    YBN Cordae
    Yola

I have Khalid in all 3 at the moment, but I’m only fully sold on Record. Song is the one I’m least certain about, but I’m struggling to come up with other options. I’m replacing “God’s Country” with “Speechless” as my country representative in Song of the Year. I predicted Dan + Shay in SOTY last year, and I’m willing to go out on a limb and do it again. “Speechless” is going to be a wedding staple for years to come.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t wait november you will all see I was right about Homecoming

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Updated predictions; predicted winner at the top then the rest is ranked by likeliness. (Note: My predicted winner is who I’d think would win if it were the lineup, not that they’re most likely to be nominated).

Album of the Year
    1. Father of the Bride – Vampire Weekend
    2. WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? – Billie Eilish
    3. thank u, next – Ariana Grande
    4. Cuz I Love You – Lizzo
    5. IGOR – Tyler, The Creator
    6. Championships – Meek Mill
    7. LEGACY! LEGACY! – Jamila Woods
    8. Titanic Rising – Weyes Blood

Record of the Year
    1. Sunflower – Post Malone & Swae Lee
    2. Old Town Road (Remix) – Lil Nas X (feat. Billy Ray Cyrus)
    3. Bad Guy – Billie Eilish
    4. 7 Rings – Ariana Grande
    5. Truth Hurts – Lizzo
    6. Someone You Loved – Lewis Capaldi
    7. a lot – 21 Savage
    8. Andromeda – Weyes Blood

Song of the Year
    1. Someone You Loved – Lewis Capaldi
    2. thank u, next – Ariana Grande
    3. Truth Hurts – Lizzo
    4. Sunflower – Post Malone & Swae Lee
    5. Talk – Khalid
    6. a lot – 21 Savage
    7. Andromeda – Weyes Blood
    8. Cellophane – FKA Twigs

Best New Artist
    1. Lizzo
    2. Billie Eilish
    3. Lewis Capaldi
    4. Megan Thee Stallion
    5. Maggie Rogers
    6. Lil Nas X
    7. Jamila Woods
    8. Tyler Childers

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank you Paul from saving us from Saket 😊😊😊😊

y'all ugly and smelly

GTFO
    Participant
    Topics:

Updated predictions: Album of the Year Gary Clark Jr. – This Land Lana Del Rey – Norman Fucking Rockwell! Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next Khalid – Free Spirit Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born Lizzo – Cuz I Love You Tyler, the Creator – Igor Record of the Year Gary Clark Jr. – “This Land” Billie Eilish – “Bad Guy” Ariana Grande – “Thank U, Next” or “7 Rings” Khalid – “Talk” Lizzo – “Truth Hurts” Post Malone & Swae Lee – “Sunflower” Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello – “Señorita” Tyler, the Creator – “Earfquake” Song of the Year “Bad Guy” (Billie Eilish) “Someone You Loved” (Lewis Capaldi) “Speechless” (Dan + Shay) “Sunflower” (Post Malone & Swae Lee) “Talk” (Khalid) “Thank U, Next” (Ariana Grande) “This Land” (Gary Clark Jr.) “Truth Hurts” (Lizzo) Best New Artist Lewis Capaldi Tyler Childers Billie Eilish Lizzo Maggie Rogers Rosalía YBN Cordae Yola I have Khalid in all 3 at the moment, but I’m only fully sold on Record. Song is the one I’m least certain about, but I’m struggling to come up with other options. I’m replacing “God’s Country” with “Speechless” as my country representative in Song of the Year. I predicted Dan + Shay in SOTY last year, and I’m willing to go out on a limb and do it again. “Speechless” is going to be a wedding staple for years to come.

You are so biased. Lil Nas X is for sure getting in ROTY/BNA! And “Talk” isn’t getting nominated in SOTY/ROTY, also Speechless isn’t happening.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

You are so biased. Lil Nas X is for sure getting in ROTY/BNA! And “Talk” isn’t getting nominated in SOTY/ROTY, also Speechless isn’t happening.

Make your own predictions if you don’t like mine

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Outside of the Best New Artist category, I don’t think we’re going to have any obscure/little-known artists nominated in the General Field. It hasn’t been THAT weak of a year in music.

The least popular (or mainstream) artist that might get nominated would be Gary Clark, Jr… but he’s already a former Grammy winner and not too dissimilar to Brandi Carlile.

I’m currently predicting ZERO hip-hop albums make the cut for Album of the Year (unless you count Lizzo as hip-hop). This wasn’t a year for rap music and I think the Blue Ribbon Panel will reflect that. A ton of people are predicting Tyler, The Creator for an AOTY nom, but I just can’t see it. He’s only previously been nominated for a single Grammy, so there’s nothing to indicate to me that the Grammys would all of the sudden go for him in such a big way.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

A ton of people are predicting Tyler, The Creator for an AOTY nom, but I just can’t see it. He’s only previously been nominated for a single Grammy, so there’s nothing to indicate to me that the Grammys would all of the sudden go for him in such a big way.

Brandi Carlile, Sturgill Simpson, The Weeknd, and Taylor Swift all come to mind as artists who only had one prior nomination before getting nominated for AOTY.

Igor has a cult following and is one of the most acclaimed albums of the year, and it’s the most likely representative of hip-hop in an eight-nominee lineup. (Imagine the biggest genre in music being left out of a group of 8 nominees, especially with the backlash the Grammys have gotten in recent years.)

Aitor
    Participant
    Topics:

Why did the last thread get discontinued after only 30 something pages when others last for about 60?

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Rap is not going to be left out of AOTY, especially in an eight-nominee lineup.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

It would be weird to go from 4 Hip Hop (influenced) albums to (almost) none in a matter of a year. Igor is probably the closest contender, but is it really a lock? I don’t know. I would definitely place it, though.

Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

So Katy really delivered vocals at the Ellen Perfomance

I think she is submitting Small talk to the grammys

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

A couple of points that come up way too often and have to be repeated:

-We don’t know if Lizzo or Rosalía are eligible. Please don’t ask.
    -Yes: Truth Hurts, Trip, and Speechless are all eligible.
    -We don’t know which singles Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift will submit. It’s good to make predictions on which single it will be, but please don’t ask.
    -Khalid and Lizzo could end up in Pop Vocal or in Urban Contemporary.
    -The terms Pop “Vocal” Album and Pop Solo “Performance” have absolutely nothing to do with a singer’s ability to sing.
    -Submissions might not be available in length like last year, since NuCat (Grammy voter that’s a GoldDerby member) will not be voting this year. We might get a few thanls to Billboard, HDD, or some other news article.
    -For the sake of everyone’s sanity, try to use the term “nomination” instead of “indication”. It just makes things easier.
    -High Hopes (Live), You Say (Piano Version), Happier (Stripped), and all live or alternate versions released officially on music outlets within the eligibility period of the 2020 Grammy Awards are all eligible for Performance categories – meaning ROTY + their genre’s performing category (Pop Solo, Country Solo, R&B Perf, Rap Perf, etc.)
    -Nothing from previous Grammy-winning albums is eligible unless it’s an alternate version. Meaning that, for example, Rainbow by Kacey Musgraves is not eligible.
    -And please, keep homophobic, racist, or sexists slurs out of the forums.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 597 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.