Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 598 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +33 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Boz
deshunfenty
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL, yes it is. You just want that shitty crybaby ballad to win.

It really isn’t. Bigger (and better) hits have been snubbed.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

It really isn’t. Bigger (and better) hits have been snubbed.

OK, so with that logic, anything could be theoretically snubbed. Is it likely? No.

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Bad guy is not a lock for SOTY. ROTY? it’s a front runner for sure, but i could totally see it missing out on SOTY. any of her other singles would be a much better choice.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

When the party’s over is SOTY material imo. She should use that but either way she’s seeing soty for sure. How would she miss it ???

#howrudeofme

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

OK, so with that logic, anything could be theoretically snubbed. Is it likely? No.

It is likely. It’s subject matter is not typical SOTY material, and again, there are more lyric-driven songs. You need to stop acting like Billie’s a lock for every single category she’ll submit.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s been songs that aren’t lyrical driven and they’ve been nominated for SOTY. Ion see how it’ll be different for bad guy.

#howrudeofme

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

It is likely. It’s subject matter is not typical SOTY material, and again, there are more lyric-driven songs. You need to stop acting like Billie’s a lock for every single category she’ll submit.

The irony of this claim is that songs that are about nontypical subjects actually get SOTY nominations pretty commonly (“1-800-273-8255,” “I Took a Pill in Ibiza,” “Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning,” “All About That Bass,” etc.)

Billie is obviously going to be one of the most nominated artists this year and is all but assured nominations across the board in the general field. It’s obvious to anyone who follows the Grammys and the fact that you’re actually trying to argue otherwise because you don’t like her and/or that song (which you’re making painfully obvious with your ridiculous excuses for why you think she isn’t getting nomination X or Y) is comical.

If you disagree with my predictions that’s whatever, but you can fuck all the way off telling me not to make my own as if yours are any better than mine.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

The irony of this claim is that songs that are about nontypical subjects actually get SOTY nominations pretty commonly (“1-800-273-8255,” “I Took a Pill in Ibiza,” “Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning,” “All About That Bass,” etc.)

All of those songs except All About that Bass were praised for their lyrics, specially the first two. And All About That Bass touched on body-positivity, which fits the type of songs they like. Songs about being a “Bad Guy”, stealing dads, and making your girlfriend scared, however, do not fit the mold.

Billie is obviously going to be one of the most nominated artists this year and is all but assured nominations across the board in the general field. It’s obvious to anyone who follows the Grammys and the fact that you’re actually trying to argue otherwise because you don’t like her and/or that song (which you’re making painfully obvious with your ridiculous excuses for why you think she isn’t getting nomination X or Y) is comical.

I’ve stanned Billie ever since her first EP, even predicting her for BNA last year before we knew she didn’t submit, and I’ve said multiple times that her album is one of (if not the) best of the year. Try again.

Also, the irony of you telling people to fuck off when you’re the one that calls people delusional for not predicting a song in one category…

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

If they decide to get lazy again and make SOTY ROTY.2 then Bad Guy is probably a lock. If they decide to actually recognize songs whose strengths are the lyrics, then it’s not a lock. I don’t think anyone can say yet which they’re leaning towards.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL, yes it is. You just want that shitty crybaby ballad to win.

Also valid to point out: Bad Guy would absolutely lose to Someone You Loved if nominated against it.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, the irony of you telling people to fuck off when you’re the one that calls people delusional for not predicting a song in one category…

I’m telling you to fuck off because of you telling me I “need to stop” anything. I’m so fucking tired of the blatant disrespect I get from you and a lot of other people on here because I don’t have the same predictions as you. There’s a whole ass difference between having a conversation about who you’re predicting and why, and shutting down everything you don’t agree with with “lol you’re biased” or “lol stop talking”. Grow the FUCK up.

All of those songs except All About that Bass were praised for their lyrics, specially the first two. And All About That Bass touched on body-positivity, which fits the type of songs they like. Songs about being a “Bad Guy”, stealing dads, and making your girlfriend scared, however, do not fit the mold.

This is such a surface level analysis. “Bad Guy” is about the power dynamics in male/female relationships and how men think they have a lot to prove and women can be just as tough as men think they are.

Regardless, obviously one of the year’s biggest hits by a singer-songwriter type of artist is one of the top candidates for a SOTY nomination. The fact that you’re saying not even that it might be shut out, but that it’s likely it will be? Laughable.

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

The irony of the Billie supporters on this thread is I feel like generally everyone enjoys her music here, but if you predict her missing 1 (one) category, they jump down your throat saying that you’re only saying so because you don’t like her.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Also valid to point out: Bad Guy would absolutely lose to Someone You Loved if nominated against it.

Debatable. Especially if “Someone You Loved” doesn’t get a Pop Solo Performance nomination and “Bad Guy” does.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

This is such a surface level analysis. “Bad Guy” is about the power dynamics in male/female relationships and how men think they have a lot to prove and women can be just as tough as men think they are.

This has to be the biggest reach I’ve heard all year.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

The irony of the Billie supporters on this thread is I feel like generally everyone enjoys her music here, but if you predict her missing 1 (one) category, they jump down your throat saying that you’re only saying so because you don’t like her.

I would literally say the same thing about someone saying Lizzo isn’t a lock for an AOTY nomination (which she is). In fact, I have called someone out on this board previously for suggesting as much.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 598 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.