Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 631 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Boz
deshunfenty
  • jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana is killing her chance if she decides to submit any song but TUN itself.

Ariana kinda already killed herself when she decided to abandon the TUN era in the beggining of the year just to release 2 horrible singles

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not Scooter Braun, but I doubt they submitted anything other than 7 rings, thank u next, and Boyfriend & Rule the World(for Pop Duo & Rap Sung respectively). I personally would’ve submitted imagine to R&B and see if it’s sticks (worst case scenario it gets moved to pop and misses out on a nom, or gets eliminated all-together), but that’s just my opinion.

The definitely submitted thank y next to Song since 7 rings has a prominent sample. I’m guessing 7 rings for ROTY and thank u next for Song + Pop Solo + BMV.

My question is: what if they submitted both songs to Pop Solo? What are the odds of getting in with one (or both)?

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

My question is: what if they submitted both songs to Pop Solo? What are the odds of getting in with one (or both)?

Depends on how the votes split. Both could get in, one could get in, both could miss

Christina Aguilera
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Ariana Grande should only submit “Thank U, Next.”  “Boyfriend,” “Imagine,” “Rule the World,” and “7 Rings” are NOT happening.  She may even miss Song of the Year.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Who can win 4+ grammy’s this year? In other words who can have a big night and be the Kacey Musgraves/Childish Gambino of this year?

First that comes to mind is Billie. She should be able to win at least three grammys; BMV, BNA, BPVA. If she wins any other awards she’ll be one of the biggest winners of the night.

Gaga could also have a big night. Depending on what she’s nominated for, her best case scenario is Best Compilation, BSWFVM, AoTY and BPSP. That’ll put her at 4 Grammy’s, same as Kacey and Gambino last year.

The third that comes to mind, is Lewis Capaldi. If the Grammy’s absolutely adore him, his best case scenario would be BNA, BPSP, RoTY & SoTY.

Lizzo could win “Best Rap/Sung Performance” and “Best U/C Album”. She could win something else in R&B. I think she’ll probably win 3 Grammy’s. I see her being shut out of “Best Rap Song” because “Truth Hurts” is more of a hybrid of Pop and Rap. And those songs tend to not make it in Rap Song.

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, there were no stan wars in 2010. The old forum was NOT as 16-year-old fanboy-ish and deluded as it this new forum. Only Billie Eilish and Lizzo are locked in all 3 categories. Gary Clark Jr. is very likely. Ariana Grande is next in line. Khalid is NOT happening in all 3. Just Record and possibly Album.

I think the main issue is that many users, like you and me a few months ago (in which I apologize), are closed minded. This causes a stan mentality of one must be better than the other. Again I know it’s suppose to be the competition, but we allow a night to celebrate music to degrade others in the process. At the end of the day we all like music, many different kinds of music. And this forum is just an outlet to voice our opinions. And if someone who has bad music wins an award, who cares. We live ordinary lives when these said people we defend our ass off are selling out stadiums, charting on Billboard, and being critically acclaimed, and don’t perticually care about us. At the end of the day, I mean I hope Billie wins, or Ariana, or Gaga. I might like Billie’s album the most, but it doesn’t mean I’m going to revolt if either of the other two won. Grow up. It’s just an award show. 😂😂😂

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  mcm.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  mcm.

Barnacles Bro

Christina Aguilera
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real!  Lady Gaga and Lewis Calpaldi do NOT have the potential to win 4+ Grammys.  Gaga is only winning 1-2 Grammys and Lewis Capaldi isn’t winning a damn thing.

NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

The third that comes to mind, is Lewis Capaldi. If the Grammy’s absolutely adore him, his best case scenario would be BNA, BPSP, RoTY & SoTY.

Omg he’s so NOT happening

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

The only people I can see winning 3-4+ is Billie and Lizzo. That’s it .

#howrudeofme

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m laughing at people doubting that Star Is Born will be named AOTY. get real if BP has managed to do much less in, awards, acclaim and sales ASIB already has its place among the 8 nominees for months and you keep hitting that key that won’t be nom.

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Who can win 4+ grammy’s this year? In other words who can have a big night and be the Kacey Musgraves/Childish Gambino of this year? First that comes to mind is Billie. She should be able to win at least three grammys; BMV, BNA, BPVA. If she wins any other awards she’ll be one of the biggest winners of the night. Gaga could also have a big night. Depending on what she’s nominated for, her best case scenario is Best Compilation, BSWFVM, AoTY and BPSP. That’ll put her at 4 Grammy’s, same as Kacey and Gambino last year. The third that comes to mind, is Lewis Capaldi. If the Grammy’s absolutely adore him, his best case scenario would be BNA, BPSP, RoTY & SoTY. Lizzo could win “Best Rap/Sung Performance” and “Best U/C Album”. She could win something else in R&B. I think she’ll probably win 3 Grammy’s. I see her being shut out of “Best Rap Song” because “Truth Hurts” is more of a hybrid of Pop and Rap. And those songs tend to not make it in Rap Song.

Idk about Lewis, I mean, Yeah he got big chances but Lizzo seens to have a better shot of getting a 4 wins victory instead of him, she stills in this race for the BNA in case she is nominated and I think she got such a better chance than billie there

About Gaga, her best chances seens to be only for the album, in compilation category and if God is fair, aoty. If she wins with any of the other tracks that are not even singles it’s because they really love her and want this to be her night

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  jowgbruno.
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

So Panini is predicted to be a top 3 hit now. Idk who had him in their BNA list to begin with but I didn’t, only because I wanted to see if he could garner another hit besides OTR and he obviously couldn’t at the time. But I guess they were waiting for Grammy voting to start so they could promote the HELL out of Panini like they did with OTR which is smart I guess. I’ll probably put him in my BNA list if Panini doesn’t free fall after the next week.

y'all ugly and smelly

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

So Panini is predicted to be a top 3 hit now. Idk who had him in their BNA list to begin with but I didn’t, only because I wanted to see if he could garner another hit besides OTR and he obviously couldn’t at the time. But I guess they were waiting for Grammy voting to start so they could promote the HELL out of Panini like they did with OTR which is smart I guess. I’ll probably put him in my BNA list if Panini doesn’t free fall after the next week.

Its funny if you stop to think and realize that Lil Nas, who we thought that was going to become a one hit wonder, it’s about to have another top 3 hit and possibly another #1 while Billie, who most believed to be the biggest popstar of this year (myself included) only had Bad Guy, until this moment, as a real hit, and she even released another single a few weeks ago that couldnt chart

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Its funny if you stop to think and realize that Lil Nas, who we thought that was going to become a one hit wonder, it’s about to have another top 3 hit and possibly another #1 while Billie, who most believed to be the biggest popstar of this year (myself included) only had Bad Guy, until this moment, as a real hit, and she even released another single a few weeks ago that couldnt chart

Lovely – 687,486,848
    When the Party’s Over – 594,119,261
    Bury a Friend – 474,803,682
    Ocean Eyes – 378,799,892
    idontwannabeyouanymore – 373,075,702
    Bellyache – 332,713,926
    You Should See Me in a Crown – 315,756,146

This is clearly more than one hit.

and Lil Nas X is not coming anywhere near Best New Artist.

Also, “All the Good Girls Go to Hell” doesn’t even go to radio in the US for a few more weeks.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Darren.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Darren.
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

all she did was release a Music Video… it’s not getting radio play until October and there’s no remixes with other artists which is the reason Panini climbed up so much. ATGGGTH already charted once the album debuted anyway.

y'all ugly and smelly

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 631 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.