Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 597 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Boz
deshunfenty
  • JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

They are extremely different songs. This baseless comparison.

Is it really? I heard the same story with Despacito, a smash hit that doesn’t look like something the Grammys would embrace.

And let’s be honest if the line up ends up being the one you predicted we can safely say this is the worst in history. Old Town Road being left out of that shit would be a shame, it would be wrong.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s getting increasingly hard to see Someone You Loved not winning at least one award in the General Field.

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not going to lie I haven’t even heard the song on the radio. I finally went out of my way to listen to it and it’s a fine song but man his vocals are annoying. It seems to be getting bigger though.

haimclub
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele and Kendrick Lamar are the artists won the most GRAMMY Awards in the ‘2010s (each won 13). Who completes the top 5? Bruno Mars, Skrillex?

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

And let’s be honest if the line up ends up being the one you predicted we can safely say this is the worst in history. Old Town Road being left out of that shit would be a shame, it would be wrong.

Why? Do you think it’s one of the 8 best songs of the year?

I heard the same story with Despacito, a smash hit that doesn’t look like something the Grammys would embrace.

“Macarena” is a much closer comparison than “Despacito” because “Despacito” was not seen as a novelty record like the other two songs.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Underestimate Lewis Capaldi at your own risk.

Once his song hits the TOP5, it’ll hit all the boxes for a typical SoTY/RoTY winner.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele and Kendrick Lamar are the artists won the most GRAMMY Awards in the ‘2010s (each won 13). Who completes the top 5? Bruno Mars, Skrillex?

Jay-Z has won 14 this decade, so he’s ahead of them. Beyoncé has also won 13.

Next in line would be Bruno Mars (11), Taylor Swift (10), and Pharrell Williams (10).

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Underestimate Lewis Capaldi at your own risk.

Once his song hits the TOP5, it’ll hit all the boxes for a typical SoTY/RoTY winner.

“Someone You Loved” doesn’t even check most boxes for a ROTY nominee, let alone winner. Name the last ballad with an almost exclusively piano-and-vocal arrangement (there are some strings, but you can barely hear them) that got a nomination.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Capaldi and Lizzo are making some powerful moves just at the right time. BNA is getting spicier.

That said, I don’t see Capaldi winning anything other than Song. I think there will be a split this year.

Pop Solo is not even a sure bet. Sam Smith, Capaldi’s closest comparison, lost Pop Solo, and he had a bigger hit + a big album (which Lewis lacks in North America).

M
    Participant
    Topics:

That said, I don’t see Capaldi winning anything other than Song. I think there will be a split this year.

How can he possibly win Song and somehow miss Pop Solo? Explain the logic please.

If he’s winning song, he will most definitely win Pop Solo, guess why? Because if he beats TUN and Bad Guy in Song, there is no reason why he won’t repeat in Pop Solo.

He could miss a nomination in RoTY. But I think he’ll be in. If he’s in. Voters won’t care about production. They’ll award it. I mean 24K Magic production was awful.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

How can he possibly win Song and somehow miss Pop Solo? Explain the logic please.

If he’s winning song, he will most definitely win Pop Solo, guess why? Because if he beats TUN and Bad Guy in Song, there is no reason why he won’t repeat in Pop Solo.

Because is song might resonate with more conservative audiences that aren’t pop, while pop voters rally behind someone else? I’m not even sure he’ll get into Pop Solo. I’m just saying that, if he were to win anything, SOTY would be the logical one in the GF.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

That happened to “Stay With Me,” “We Are Young,” and “Sunny Came Home”

M
    Participant
    Topics:

That happened to “Stay With Me,” “We Are Young,” and “Sunny Came Home”

They lost to songs that aren’t nominated in SoTY. I’m pretty sure you got what I mean.

If SYL beats TUN and Bad Guy in SoTY, there’s no logic behind it losing Pop Solo to Bad Guy or TUN, which is why I’m predicting it to win both as of now.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Unless Lewis Capaldi picks up some unexpected nominations like Pop Vocal Album, I don’t see him being competitive to win anywhere. He’s not even guaranteed a single nomination, although I suspect he’ll get one or two, maybe three if he’s lucky.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think an album nomination is needed, although I think Pop Vocal Album is really possible.

As of now he’s definitely a safe bet for: BNA, Best Pop Solo Performance and Song Of The Year.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 597 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)’ is closed to new replies.