Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 17)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 529 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
Darren
Boz
  • Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Let’s keep the conversation going here.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

“Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus will be competing for best pop duo/group performance at the 62nd annual Grammy Awards. The smash, which logged a record-setting 19 weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, blends elements of pop, hip-hop and country. The Grammy screening committee, which has the final say on where to slot recordings in the Grammy process, chose this category over best rap/sung performance and best country duo/group performance.

I knew the committee was going to block it from rap and obviously country. Those type of crossover mashups always enter into pop, as they should be.

Lizzo’s Cuz I Love You will be competing for best urban contemporary album (rather than rap). So it won’t be going up against Megan Thee Stallion’s Fever, which is entered for best rap album. Lizzo’s Hot 100 No. 1 smash “Truth Hurts,” which blends elements of pop and hip-hop, is entered for best pop solo performance.

Watch it become competitive to win.

Chance the Rapper’s first full-length studio album, The Big Day, isn’t entered in a genre album category.

Lol. Because it flopped. If it was successful, it would have been entered. So transparent.

Drake’s compilation album Care Package isn’t entered in a genre album category. The hip-hop superstar’s last two regular studio albums, Views and Scorpion, received album of the year noms.

Most of the songs on there are over five years old. I believe there is a rule for that. Same with Nas’ album. Just makes more space for someone like Rapsody to make it in again.

NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks god I was sleeping while the ‘submissions’ were being published.

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, it’s interesting that Anderson. Paak did NOT submit his albums to the genre categories.

This is weird. I thought who made that submission list is a troll.

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

It was announced that the 62nd Grammys submission that were shown was fake.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Those fake submissions spread like wildfire. They’re all over ATRL, PulseMusicBoard & Twitter.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve never really followed the Grammys so can someone explain to me why Truth Hurts is eligible this year when it was released in 2017? Thanks in advance.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve never really followed the Grammys so can someone explain to me why Truth Hurts is eligible this year when it was released in 2017? Thanks in advance.

It wasn’t submitted for consideration the year it came out, and is featured on an album (Cuz I Love You) that came out during this eligibility period hence its allowed to compete. Other recent examples of this include Rockstar and Hotline Bling

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Honey compete with Dance/Elect. Album or  it’s considered a Pop Album ?

#howrudeofme

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Billie’s submissions will be “Bad Guy” across the board, including MV probably. So we really don’t need her submissions.

So among the big contenders, we really just two artists; Ariana Grande and Gaga. The others are just so predictable. And we already got info on Lizzo and Lil Nas.

I will not be surprised if “7 Rings” was submitted in Pop Solo for example.

caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Honey compete with Dance/Elect. Album or it’s considered a Pop Album ?

Dance/Elect. like Body Talk

joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

I won’t be surprised if Ariana’s team ruin her chances again in Pop solo submitting 7 rings instead of TUN.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I won’t be surprised if Ariana’s team ruin her chances again in Pop solo submitting 7 rings instead of TUN.

just like they did choosing GIAW . Instead of NTLTC.

#howrudeofme

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Honey compete with Dance/Elect. Album or it’s considered a Pop Album ?

I have it in my Pop Album predictions so hopefully there.

joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

Also I hope the Academy doesn’t fall for that trick of putting I’ll Never Love Again in pop duo/group just to maximize Gaga’s nominations because of Cooper “singing” some words at the end of the film version. I’ll Never Love Again is a solo song and they should submit it as a solo song.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.