Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 19)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 488 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
Darren
Boz
  • Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

In terms of this thread being an echo-chamber, I think one prediction that seems to be repeated over and over is This Land by Gary Clark Jr. I haven’t listened to the album, and have only heard snippets of the song, so personal opinion aside, is it really gonna be as big of a player as everyone thinks it is?

This isn’t me insinuating that it’s not, but I really haven’t seen talk of the album or the song anywhere else. Is this a case of someone here throwing it in as their critic’s choice/left-field nominee and everyone just copying (including me, lol)? What makes the album or the song special?

It’s a politically charged, critically acclaimed blues-rock album by a singer/guitarist who is already a Grammy winner. Basically, complete bait.

If it gets in AOTY, which I think it will, it could be one of the top threats to win.

Emptyhanded
    Participant
    Topics:

This board is an echo chamber. Everyone suddenly decided that Ariana isn’t winning anything just because Bad Guy spent a single week at #1 Ariana spent 15 weeks at #1. The grammy voters won’t forget that

Ariana isn’t winning anything. Deal with it.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

This board is an echo chamber. Everyone suddenly decided that Ariana isn’t winning anything just because Bad Guy spent a single week at #1

Ariana spent 15 weeks at #1. The grammy voters won’t forget that

Maybe you’re lost, but this thread isn’t about the Billboard Awards.

Emptyhanded
    Participant
    Topics:

This Ariana sweeping campaign is getting old asf

It was only a thing for like a month when she released. We said it then but the stans wouldn’t believe us. She benefited from lack of competition. Once real contenders started emerging, she was left in the dust.

Emptyhanded
    Participant
    Topics:

Desperate? For doing her and her label’s job?

Y’all called artists desperate last year for simply sending FYC (lmao) so y’all made your definition of “desperate”. If that was desperate then what Billie is doing is even more so.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still not convinced that High Hopes and Happier wll get in. I don’t think voters care much for Panic and Marshmello

Neither will get in. They missed the boat last year.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Neither will get in. They missed the boat last year.

So did “Havana,” “Happy,” and “All of Me” before they got second-chance bids (and in “Happy”‘s case, a win).

As I’ve said before, I think “Happier” was big enough by this time last year that it could have gotten in Pop DG, but “High Hopes” didn’t start peaking until December (and that peak included a whopping 14 weeks at #1 on radio).

Emptyhanded
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt Ariana will open. I mean even in his latest interview he didn’t even acknowledge her presence and basically named every artist out there except her. So I don’t think he likes her that much.

Why does he have to list every performer? He named like 6, all of whom are known to be great performers. The exception being Adele because Adele and arguably Justin Timberlake. He also didn’t name Camilla and Taylor yet they opened recently.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

So did “Havana,” “Happy,” and “All of Me” before they got second-chance bids (and in “Happy”‘s case, a win).

As I’ve said before, I think “Happier” was big enough by this time last year that it could have gotten in Pop DG, but “High Hopes” didn’t start peaking until December (and that peak included a whopping 14 weeks at #1 on radio).

I don’t think either of those songs was as big and memorable as those three songs – all which hit #1. My prediction: don’t see them getting in.

Emptyhanded
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all are really acting like Taylor will get into anything besides Pop Album. Why exactly?

Girl why are like half your posts asking why people are predicting Taylor? Why does it bother you so much? Let it go.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Who will host the Grammys? What are your picks?

Barnacles Bro

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana isn’t a lock for all 3 general field categories. She just has a favorable chance but she can miss all.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Who will host the Grammys? What are your picks?

Hopefully not Alicia Keys

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Alicia was great. Much better than Corden and LL Cool J.

Breathe
    Participant
    Topics:

High Hopes (Live) feels like Havana (Live) version to me, although the latter was nominated I don’t even think High Hopes will be and if it is I don’t see it winning.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.