Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 19)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 488 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
Darren
Boz
  • Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

I will LOL if BNA goes to Lil’ Nas X

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

The Billie stans in here pretending that she’s anything more than another bland white Alternative girl with a weak voice (this time with modernized production) and thinking that Bad Guy is any more lyrically complex than any other generic pop hit this year are almost as annoying as the haters in here thinking that girl is going home empty handed because their distaste for her has resulted in baseless assumptions disguised as “gut feeling”.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo can beat Billie for Best New Artist. But will it happen?

Billie is stronger in Pop Solo. Lizzo in BNA.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

The Billie stans in here pretending that she’s anything more than another bland white Alternative girl with a weak voice (this time with modernized production) and thinking that Bad Guy is any more lyrically complex than any other generic pop hit this year

Rich coming from an Ariana stan lmao

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Next, the morons are going to pick a rap/urban album to win Album of the Year. Not going to happen.

No offense but aren’t you the guy who adamantly said This Is America was not winning in the GF last year? I mean sure most of us thought so, but maybe it’s time to change the notion that rap can’t win in the big 3 categories?

Nothing wrong with predicting a rap album to win album of the year.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I would argue that Lizzo might have a broader overall support from the Recording Academy to take home the award for Best New Artist. She will be pulling in votes from the Pop voters, R&B, Hip-Hop, classical and instrumental (given her much publicized and used in live performances flute playing).

Billie Eilish has a lot of support to, but she’ll only be pulling in votes from the pop and alternative voters. It doesn’t help that she isn’t a strong vocalist and does not play a musical instrument. However, I know a lot of people in the industry respect her artistry and songwriting… especially for a 17-year old.

I think Lizzo might win by just a tad bit (as of right now).

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I will LOL if BNA goes to Lil’ Nas X

Let’s just that the odds of you being eaten by a shark are way bigger than Lil Nas X winning BNA.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

No offense but aren’t you the guy who adamantly said This Is America was not winning in the GF last year? I mean sure most of us thought so, but maybe it’s time to change the notion that rap can’t win in the big 3 categories?

Nothing wrong with predicting a rap album to win album of the year.

He also said Chance The Rapper had ZERO chance at winning BNA. He gloats when he makes a right prediction, as if we all haven’t made correct (and obvious) predictions.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

As of right now, I think Billie has the advantage due to being more popular, being (strangely) popular with rock musicians, and voters’ tendency to shy away from R&B and hip-hop. It will be very close, though, especially since Lizzo keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

The only advantage that Billie has is that she’s the biggest pop star in contention right now. And usually that leads to a win when there’s no other artist nominated with equal popularity. Her album has outsold all the other BNA “contenders” combined.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to be morbid, but I wonder if the news about busbee boosts Maren Morris’s chances of getting an AOTY nomination (he produced the bulk of Girl).

smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is the kind of singer that the Grammys go for. I still think Billie Eillish is winning at least one Grammy. The industry/media is so obsessed with her. She’s still the talk of the town. The old school rock guys and pop people seem to be on her side.

Lizzo has a better shot at winning more Grammys (urban contemporary album, pop solo, SOTY), but she’ll probably be shut out of BNA. No doubt she’ll have the performance of the night.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to be morbid, but I wonder if the news about busbee boosts Maren Morris’s chances of getting an AOTY nomination (he produced the bulk of Girl).

Probably does or Maybe he’ll get a Producer of the Year nomination instead since thats a way of rewarding his work without rewarding her if they choose not to.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is basically a pop star at this point. Having a #1 pop hit, along with performing at these major mainstream events, etc. They may not even see her as just an R&B/Hip Hop star.

It’s hard to say which way the Grammys will go between Lizzo and Billie Eilish. If “Good as Hell” continues to grow this fall, then that could tilt the scale to Lizzo.

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Rich coming from an Ariana stan lmao

If enjoying someone’s music means I’m a stan, then I guess I am lol. SZA is my favorite artist.

Also don’t see how me liking Ariana Grande’s music negates anything that I’ve said, seeing that you have Ed Sheeran in your profile picture, I can get a sense of the type of music you refer to as “authentic”.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.