Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 21)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 494 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
deshunfenty
Donchano
  • deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Why people keep saying that there will be backlash if lover wins AOTY ?

I mean it’s a great album with gigantic sales….

Because, people typically don’t like Taylor swift anyway + She’s White . Plus she’s won AOTY twice already and people think the Grammys are all over her every time she’s nominated when that’s not true considering her Red and Reputation Snubs. Most people didn’t even like when 1989 won over Kendrick in ‘16. She doesn’t deserve AOTY this time and I don’t think she’s winning AOTY anytime soon anyway.

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still hoping NFR to be the BRP.

#howrudeofme

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Lover is much better song than thank u next.

No hate, i love tun song but lover song is much better….

It really isn’t.

It also isn’t as remembered or a career highlight, which the Grammy’s love.

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

A Few Thoughts: 1. If Shallow was not on the Soundtrack- a song that lost last year to This is America- would many others on the forum still predict it. I love Gaga and she has created on of the most memorable doundtracks of the last decade, but the Soundtrack are the normal conventions Gaga has emersed herself on previous efforts. Plus it would feel weird to award and compromise an amazing artist for a Soundtrack. 2. The fact that many people are dismissing Old Town Road for SOTY is alarming. It is not a lock, but it is definitely one of the biggest, if not, THEE biggest hit of the decade. It’s the crossover hit of the year, which can energize voters from Pop, Hip Hop or Country, just as Despacito was. 3. Do you think Billie and Lizzo could sweep different awards? Like Billie will get some awards, and Lizzo gets others. Billie gets BNA and AOTY, while Lizzo gets ROTY and SOTY. It would help to honor two repaectable new artists of the year and further summent their careers.

1: I dont understand Why would be unfair to not award an album just becaue it’s a soundtrack, it might not be the most comon thing but it’s not something that the Grammys have never done before, if Whitney Houston, one of the biggest stars in history, won 1 for a ST I rrally dont see how this couldn’t apply to Gaga’s situation. ASIB it’s one of, if not the most, best STs of this decade in terms of critics, sales and public, so if wins it’s because deserved, and ASIB it’s Gaga’s greatest work since BTW, I would even say sometimes on the same level. About shallow, the fact that it lost last year on the GF could actually help Gaga to win this time

2: Yes its weird, We know that OTR it has stupid lyrics but it was the song of this year, and there are 8 slots so it could enter there easily even if it’s Just to be a filler, but we can’t blame for people not predicting him on SOTY

3: Lizzo and Billie are NOT sweeping the entire GF, Both best chances are on BNA and that’s it, it could happen to 1 have another win on the GF besides the BNA or 1 wins the BNA and the other wins Something else there, but all 4 it’s not happening at all. But Yes, they can take 1 to 3 awards like, Billie: BNA, BPVA and BMV (dont think so that much this last one) and Lizzo: BNA and BUCA.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  jowgbruno.
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Lady Gaga or Bruce Springsteen will NOT win Album of the Year.

What are you supose to be, another account for gucci pretends that its not him/her or just a copycat? Because if its the last, we really dont need another troll that dosen’t make any sense

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s just say the odds of Lana Del Rey winning Album of the Year are just the same as Donald Trump actually becoming a sane person.

And god I hope they don’t nominate Bruce Springsteen. Enough old white dudes winning Album of the Year.

And Thank U, Next isn’t SoTY material. I think Someone You Loved will win.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

There is no more deserving SOTY winner than ‘thank u, next’ for me. It was an iconic moment in music which truly defined 2018-2019.

I also love bringing up this quote about ‘thank u, next’:

“It’s songs like this where I’m reminded that when creating a piece of music, the more vulnerable and honest you are, the more people will relate to it.”

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana Del Rey would be a GREAT AOTY winner.

I agree 😊

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone You Loved could snatch SOTY by surprise. The song is literally peaking right now.

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Ultimately, Ariana will be going home empty handed. She’s really not a front runner to win any of her categories. Either Billie or Gaga are taking her wins.

#howrudeofme

NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

Some points:

Billie isn’t fucking winning anything in the General Field. You are overestimating her so much.

‘Lover’ is worse than ‘thank u, next’. I’m not being a stan right now. You are. Taylor Swift will probably get 1 nom and that’s all.

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, that Billie’s SNL episode got panned by critics meanwhile the latest one involving Taylor received widespread acclaim. I-

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Anderson Paak winning AOTY is pretty accurate for me.

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, that Billie’s SNL episode got panned by critics meanwhile the latest one involving Taylor received widespread acclaim. I-

Both of their performances were so underwhelming. Taylor has sounded better in past live performances, not too mention both were boring. Billie at least had a little more variety even if she sounded out of breath in bad guy.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all are fighting over Taylor and Gaga when Billie will be sweeping the award show! Well deserved! Can’t wait for all the quotes and replies!

Barnacles Bro

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.