Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 21)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 494 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
deshunfenty
Donchano
  • abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Back on topic…

Is the buzz of Summer Walker’s new album enough to put her in BNA?

I would say so. I’ve added her to my predictions for now.

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Ugh…Hip Hop when at critical points, has served fans well, the times in the 90s when it was taboo to listen to rap. Commercialized Rap is I think what you’re talking about, but more because Hip Hop Music is SUPPOSE to be flashy, showy, and in your face. But to bash Hip Hop when they get to much shit is rough. We should go back to November 2018 when Pop was dying and people on the forums where questions if even pop would make a comeback, and a few months doesn’t warrant even yet pops placement on the charts. Pop stans are pretentious, acting like a certain artist has artist(s) has the birthright to win just on name recognition solely rather than the quality of the work, so I mean if Hip Hop is pretenuous with some to be considered the best albums of the decade: To Pimp A Butterfly, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, The Money Store, DAMN., Good Kid MaAd City. I mean I think It deserves its place at the table alongside pop.

My luv I don’t think you get the point from my shady post 🤧🤧

Speaking of rap field, I see only Anderson can ruin Tyler’s domination.

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only who excited for Best Alternative Album? I mean we have Vampire Weekend, The National, Bon Iver as strong contenders

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only who excited for Best Alternative Album? I mean we have Vampire Weekend, The National, Bon Iver as strong contenders

i hope Weyes Wins

#howrudeofme

chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

Back on topic…

Is the buzz of Summer Walker’s new album enough to put her in BNA?

I guess it depends on how many R&B girls you expect to make it. I’m betting on Ari Lennox, but I’d love to see them both get nominated.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, last year they nominated three R&B acts. I think Ari Lennox and Summer are in the hunt for nominations.

emba_91
    Participant
    Topics:

Except that the song is more of a Shawn song. It was his song initially and even on Spotify it’s listed as his. His vocal performance in the song is unfortunately very good so he’ll most likely get several nods for the song.

Disagree – his team handled the release but the song belongs to both – it’s a real duet (not a feature) on which they both wrote.

emba_91
    Participant
    Topics:

Camilas team is ruining her career. They’ve done everything they can do to give her a bad debut with her first two songs (8 am Thursday release, no full week of tracking for streams OR the music videos, abysmal playlisting on Spotify, barley any performances or talk shows in the US) it’s a shame honestly because shameless and cry for me genuinely show some real musical growth. It’s like her team is just resting because senorita is a monster hit. Yikes.

I agree. I’m hoping they’ll start to do something since SNL is coming up next week. If I remember correctly – she performed Havana for the first time a month after its release so if they can get her on Ellen and Fallon she’ll be fine. Her TV performances have always boosted her songs.

I think their biggest mistake was releasing everything too early – Senorita is still too big. They should have waited for it to die down a bit and given Liar more time – it’s been slowly growing on pop radio.

We should move this to the general thread though because this is for predictions.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  emba_91.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  emba_91.
    reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking about putting Homecoming back into my AOTY predictions. I took it out because everyone on here (save for a few) were BOLDLY claiming that it was NEVER getting in, but then I went back and looked at some of the forum activity for previous years and y’all make BOLD claims that end up happening/not happening every year.

I just listened to the whole thing for the first time and …. THE EXCELLENCE! I am not a Beyoncé stan by any means (I love 4 but everything after that has been just okay to me) but this shit is in different areas!!!!!!!

I’m not BOLDLY claiming that it’s getting nominated but I’m leaning towards it making it in right now. And don’t hit me with the “A live album hasn’t been nominated since 1932 Live albums do not resonate with the committee And I know because I Read Wikipedia Pages” because don’t think I remember one of y’all saying “trends exist to be broken” head ass

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

There are several reasons why I don’t think Homecoming is getting in AOTY, including (1) they haven’t nominated a live album since 1995, (2) it’s a glorified greatest hits album, (3) it loses almost all of its impact separated from its visuals, lending it more credibility as a Best Music Film contender than an AOTY one, (4) nobody is still talking about it except the hive.

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY

Lover – Taylor Swift
    Thank U, Next – Ariana Grande
    Cuz I Love You – Lizzo
    Homecoming: The Live Album – Beyoncé
    When We All Fall Asleep – Billie Eilish
    Father of the Bride – Vampire Weekend
    A Star Is Born – Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper
    Ventura – Anderson Paak

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t say NO ONE is talking about it. Plenty of mainstream publications are putting it in their AOTY predictions. Not saying that makes it true…. but it’s not like it came and went like the wind.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

it’s not like it came and went like the wind.

…it really did, though.

Critics predicting Homecoming in AOTY reminds me a lot of Everything Is Love last year. More to do with the name than the actual quality/impact of the project.

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY Lover – Taylor Swift Thank U, Next – Ariana Grande Cuz I Love You – Lizzo Homecoming: The Live Album – Beyoncé When We All Fall Asleep – Billie Eilish Father of the Bride – Vampire Weekend A Star Is Born – Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper Ventura – Anderson Paak

Replace Anderson with Tyler. Igor creates more buzz than Ventura iirc

Edit : Anyway, I don’t think Homecoming will be nominated for AOTY. I’m not 100% rejecting its potential, I just prefer a new fresh material.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Donchano.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Donchano.
    reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

And now, since I have the time, another case for Lover in AOTY. Click ignore if you don’t wanna read further.

– It’s becoming almost funny how people think that an album released with absolutely no promotion during the worst era of her public image missing an AOTY nomination means that Grammy voters are completely done with Taylor for the rest of time.

– You can have a million negative opinions of her but at the end of the day she is an industry giant, by numbers alone. I really do think it’s adorable to watch people make arguments in favor of artists like Billie who are going to last for a hot minute than fizzle out, but Taylor is a household name and that will never change. If the committee blocks her album 2 years in a row, I really can’t see her ever caring/having a positive attitude towards the show in the future… which doesn’t seem like something they’d be willing to risk.

– It’s not like Lover wouldn’t make sense in AOTY. At the end of the day, it DID receive widespread critical acclaim. Yes, the single choices sucked, but they’re not the entire album. A lot of y’all will say “Do you really think they’ll nominate an album with Me! on it” but then put ASIB, which literally has Why Did You Do That (a SERVE,…. but by no means a technically excellent song) in your AOTY predictions with ease.

Ok, that’s all! When quoting this one with a drag in attempt to get somewhere between 2 – 10 thumbs up’s, come up with something better than “delusional” because I know you’re all more creative than that.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.