Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 522 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
BARF!
M
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the discussion in Part 22.

Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

It has always been my opinion that Beyonce hasn’t won AOTY because of the lacking role she has in making her music. Adele can be critiqued as having boring music. Taylor’s music is called juvenile by many. The one thing they have in common is they write /co-write all their songs. That’s an undeniable fact. Beyonce is a performer not a songwriter. I want to at least believe Grammys take into account how much the artist played in making the album.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Alexandra.
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

“Beyonce could win if she tried to make an album herself instead of having a team of 60 artists wrapped around her albums.”

Wasn’t Lemonade like Samples or something ?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  deshunfenty.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like her best shot at winning AOTY was with IASF.

#howrudeofme

More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyonce is about to enter the list of legendary Black woman-artists who never have won album of the year. A list that Mariah an Janet Jackson are included on. I could see that happening to her.

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

It has always been my opinion that Beyonce hasn’t won AOTY because of the lacking role she has in making her music. Adele can be critiqued as having boring music. Taylor’s music is called juvenile by many. The one thing they have in common is they write /co-write all their songs. That’s an undeniable fact. Beyonce is a performer not a songwriter. I want to at least believe Grammys take into account how much the artist played in making the album.

whats your excuse for Whitney and Celine? Those women rarely wrote any of their most iconic songs and they both won album of the year.

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Stans put WAY too much emphasis on Beyonce’s lack of an AOTY award. But she has over 20 Grammys on her mantle.

Talk about being greedy…

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

This makes absolutely no sense. First of all: Beyoncé is involved with EVERYTHING in her albums, people should be really stupid to think that making music is only about writing lyrics. Second: Bruno Mars has just won AOTY with a lot of collaborators, Adele as well. There is no point in saying artists should do everything by themselves. Especially because no one does, not even Taylor or Adele.

Maybe you should think of something beyond Beyoncé. Other acclaimed artists like Kanye, Kendrick or Frank Ocean have also lost AOTY this decade. What do they have in common? Oh yes, the same thing Adele and Taylor (and almost every AOTY winner) have.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Daniel Lopes.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Daniel Lopes.
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

whats your excuse for Whitney and Celine? Those women rarely wrote any of their most iconic songs and they both won album of the year.

1. Whitney nor Celine took credit for writing their songs. They gave producers and writers their due when it came to their hits.

2. They appealed to an adult contemporary audience. Which meant their music was/is for everybody aka safe & agreeable.

3. Their records went Diamond. DIAMOND. We will never see numbers like that again (with the exception of Adele).

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Other black female legends that have never won Album of the year:

Missy Elliot

India Arie

Queen Latifah

Brandy

Rihanna

TLC

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Other black female legends that have never won Album of the year:

Missy Elliot

India Arie

Queen Latifah

Brandy

Rihanna

TLC

Sade was never even nominated. Dafuq!

More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Sade was never even nominated. Dafuq!

Toni Braxton aswell. Black women NEVER win Album of the Year and in the rare event that they do, they never win a second time like white artist do. Beyonce stans don’t realize that BW don’t do well in that category historically speaking. The list I just gave is all the evidence needed!

M
    Participant
    Topics:

IASF should’ve won AoTY over the boring Fearless. It was really close. If she won SoTY it’s an indication that she was close. But instead they gave Taylor a consolation prize after Kanye’s incident. Actually I think Taylor should’ve won SoTY with “You Belong With Me” because SL was atrocious, and Beyoncé the album.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Stans put WAY too much emphasis on Beyonce’s lack of an AOTY award. But she has over 20 Grammys on her mantle. Talk about being greedy…

Which is why I don’t see the point in stressing her loss in AOTY. While I think she deserved it for Lemonade over Adele, I don’t think she’s crying herself to sleep about it and her latest projects seem to show.

Anyways to get back on topic: Out of curiosity, does anyone think Alec Benjamin could sneak into BNA  with John Mayer campaigning for him? Or possibly Ben Platt?

Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

This makes absolutely no sense. First of all: Beyoncé is involved with EVERYTHING in her albums, people should be really stupid to think that making music is only about writing lyrics. Second: Bruno Mars has just won AOTY with a lot of collaborators, Adele as well. There is no point in saying artists should do everything by themselves. Especially because no one does, not even Taylor or Adele.

Maybe you should think of something beyond Beyoncé. Other acclaimed artists like Kanye, Kendrick or Frank Ocean also lost AOTY this decade. What do they have in common? Oh yes, the same thing Adele and Taylor (and almost every AOTY winner) have.

I said what I said. Sure there’s other factors but I stand by saying that it plays a role especially in who takes the TOP award not necessarily other awards. Having tons of collaborators doesn’t seem to help you win AOTY.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.