Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 522 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
BARF!
M
  • More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a generic white bread ballad that has been done already, and better, by Adele, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, etc.

Speaking of Adele, isn’t she releasing soon?

BARF!
    Blocked
    Topics:

Honey, someone posted in the other thread that Adele is releasing on November 8, 2019.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Stay pressed!  “This Is America” totally deserved to win ROTY and SOTY over that shitfest “Shallow” by your precious Lady Gaga.  Classic my ass! A Star Is Born is NOT winning AOTY.  Be prepared to cry your tired eyes out over that.

you may not like the song, but shallow is closest to something like My Heart Will Go On and I Will Always Love You in this century.

look what this song did, oscar winner with more weeks on hot100, the only song of the decade to be # 1 and oscar winner, the most awarded song in history and even after 1 year is still in the top 50 of iTunes and Spotify

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone You Loved is coming for that #1. What sucks though is that most #1s this year were radio fueled. Billboard really needs to reduce its weight.

Adele is coming next week

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Solo will be really weird this year. Two songs by rising stars(Bad Guy and Truth Hurts) are in the running for the WIN, when usually those songs aren’t even nominated because the noms go for established artists over them. Lorde was an exception and Royals, although bland IMO, is objectively a much better song and was at #1 for 8 weeks.

Truth Hurts is too “rap” to win on the Pop Field and the other is too silly.  “Someone You Loved” would easily win over both if the singer wasn’t a nobody compared to them. I have no idea of what’s going to happen there.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a generic white bread ballad that has been done already, and better, by Adele, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, etc.

I thought for a second you were talking about Shallow

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope that song doesn’t get nominated, like.. nothing new and it’s so annoying to see so many people easily support him just because.. he is white brit male AC artist.

It’s far from being the worst song in contention

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Solo will be really weird this year. Two songs by rising stars(Bad Guy and Truth Hurts) are in the running for the WIN, when usually those songs aren’t even nominated because the noms go for established artists over them. Lorde was an exception and Royals, although bland IMO, is objectively a much better song and was at #1 for 8 weeks. Truth Hurts is too “rap” to win on the Pop Field and the other is too silly.  “Someone You Loved” would easily win over both if the singer wasn’t a nobody compared to them. I have no idea of what’s going to happen there.

I think ARUTW and SYL can cancel each other out

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

I was comparing Someone You Loved to Say You Won’t Let Go in its odds a couple of weeks ago but now I’m feeling like it will be more similar to a Say Something. It’s kind of astounding we’re basically all predicting SOTY to be filled with around 4-5 nominees for Best New Artist (Maggie, Billie, Lizzo, (possibly) Nas, and Lewis)

BARF!
    Blocked
    Topics:

Honey, Maggie Rogers is NOT getting a Song of the Year nomination.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Bad Guy, Old Town Road, Thank U Next all are considered as meme songs so I don’t think NARAS will take them seriously. Yeah, I think none of them will win SOTY, I predict a ballad will take the award and surely it’s either Someone You Loved or Lover.

Bad Guy and Thank U Next are not considered as meme songs. They are huge hits with legs and massive acclaim.

AuxPlayer
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank u next is good song but….. Bad guy is a trash song with shitty lyrics about seducing your dad…

It can go both ways. Either Bad Guy is praised for its originality and risk-taking or is sentenced for being too far fetched.

nicole94
    Participant
    Topics:

Senorita over took someone you loved on HAC radio a few days ago.. and last I checked it was coming to overtake truth hurts on pop radio again (I didn’t check the SYL standing though) so idk it feels like SYL is peaking right now and if it can’t get passed a 4 month old summer hit on radio.. I doubt itll go number 1

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Senorita over took someone you loved on HAC radio a few days ago.. and last I checked it was coming to overtake truth hurts on pop radio again (I didn’t check the SYL standing though) so idk it feels like SYL is peaking right now and if it can’t get passed a 4 month old summer hit on radio.. I doubt itll go number 1

SYL is still gaining ~1M daily on overall radio which is what counts.

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Interscope doing Finally some work

https://twitter.com/LadyGagaVegas/status/1182786563081674753?s=19

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.