Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 522 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
BARF!
M
  • jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Thats not what happened with Males in 2018. What is the president of the recording academy do: tell the women to step down or tell men to releasing more interesting songs and projects next year? I don’t think so.

I think the biggest problem is not she being a woman but being a new artist, we already have Lizzo and Billie getting in the entire GF or at least BNA and AOTY.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s got a 71 on MC, which is still good. Also, H.E.R didn’t have critical acclaim (barely had any critic coverage whatsoever) or big sales either.

So Lover has 79 what does it make it? Very good?

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

reputation got 71 too, that’s not gonna make her competitive h.e.r. was probably boosted by her aoty win at soul train but yeah that was a bizarre situation

The problem with Reputation is not the album but Taylor herself. She was coming from an era that gave her second AOTY, if Speak Now itself failed to get nominated, there was even higher probability that Reputation would get the same treatment. We all know that Reputation era was divisive to people in the industry and it shown  when Look music video got snubbed from VMA despite considered as one of the most iconic in the decade. People just not here for a tacky Taylor Swift.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Maggie’s narrative is sweet but I don’t think it’s enough to get her into Album of the Year and it’s not like she has the reviews to back her up or commercial success. If any other New Artist nominee is getting into AOTY, my bet would be more on Rosalía.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

ROSALÍA has also started campaigning like heck. Her Billboard cover, and her ACL set was one of the best reviewed. It’s crazy how much of a crossover she made in the US without even changing languages. Her album was on of the best reviewed album of 2018….. a SPANISH album, someone of these English girls can’t even get their albums past an 80 on MC… a legend.

y'all ugly and smelly

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

someone of these English girls can’t even get their albums past an 80 on MC… a legend.

OOP!

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Would y’all consider Rosalía a darkhorse to win BNA ?

#howrudeofme

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Daily reminder that Norman Fucking Rockwell and Western Stars will get nominated for AOTY

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

The problem with Reputation is not the album but Taylor herself. She was coming from an era that gave her second AOTY, if Speak Now itself failed to get nominated, there was even higher probability that Reputation would get the same treatment. We all know that Reputation era was divisive to people in the industry and it shown  when Look music video got snubbed from VMA despite considered as one of the most iconic in the decade. People just not here for a tacky Taylor Swift.

and at the end of the day Rep is the worst album in her catalog

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Possible shock scenarios for November 20th:

Ariana Grande missing out in Best Pop Solo, Record of the Year or/and Song of the Year.

Lady Gaga getting a single nomination for “Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media” (voters leave her out of every category she won last year, and the committee doesn’t nominate her for Album of the Year).

Lizzo missing out in Pop Solo Performance.

Billie Eilish missing out in Pop Solo Performance and/or Song of the Year.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Would y’all consider Rosalía a darkhorse to win BNA ?

Absolutely. Especially seeing her track record for the Latin Grammys. She’s also making tons of the decade end lists and she debuted last year.

I’m interested to see who the upcoming SNL musical guests and AMA performers are. If Rosalía can get in there, I think the exposure will help her chances.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Possible shock scenarios for November 20th:

Ariana Grande missing out in Best Pop Solo, Record of the Year or/and Song of the Year.

Lady Gaga getting a single nomination for “Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media” (voters leave her out of every category she won last year, and the committee doesn’t nominate her for Album of the Year).

Lizzo missing out in Pop Solo Performance.

Billie Eilish missing out in Pop Solo Performance and/or Song of the Year.

The most likely to happen in this case in my opinion is Ariana, she doesn’t have the greatest track record either.

Bernardo Rojas
    Participant
    Topics:

The most likely to happen in this case in my opinion is Ariana, she doesn’t have the greatest track record either.

well we don’t actually know how the Voters will take Lizzo and Billie Eillish either

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana has a great track record in the Pop field. All of her albums have had 2 noms there except her debut.

If she misses anything it’ll be ROTY.

NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling that Billie will be snubbed everywhere. So… let’s just wait for November. It’s almost here!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.