Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 522 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
BARF!
M
  • dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Possible shock scenarios for November 20th: Ariana Grande missing out in Best Pop Solo, Record of the Year or/and Song of the Year. Lady Gaga getting a single nomination for “Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media” (voters leave her out of every category she won last year, and the committee doesn’t nominate her for Album of the Year). Lizzo missing out in Pop Solo Performance. Billie Eilish missing out in Pop Solo Performance and/or Song of the Year.

it wouldn’t be a shock to see billie and Ari losing everything

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana has a great track record in the Pop field. All of her albums have had 2 noms there except her debut. If she misses anything it’ll be ROTY.

Also her name starts with an A. She’s on top of the list and is likely to get voters attention right away.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana miss pop solo with Problem but got in with the album why?

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling that Billie will be snubbed everywhere. So… let’s just wait for November. It’s almost here!

LOL that is not happening.

NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is a complete trash. Grammys will not give much importance to her seduce dad lyrics……

I don’t think Billie deserves to win anything for ‘bad guy’, but y’all better stop bringing up that ‘seduce your dad’ line. It isn’t it.

Cause ‘Problem’ is suddenly not a solo record, wow.

LOL that is not happening.

Ok

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Because “Problem” was not submitted to pop solo due to the fact it’s NOT a pop solo performance.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Bang Bang got a Pop Duo/Group nom the year My Everything was nominated for Pop Vocal Album. I don’t think she even had a song eligible for Pop Solo.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana was mainly helped by the fact she’s on top alphabetically.

This will continue to be the case this year. Unless the voters really dislike 7 Rings, she’s in.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

well we don’t actually know how the Voters will take Lizzo and Billie Eillish either

At least Lizzo and Billie have a bit more of a narrative than Ariana this year though, last year Ariana was going THROUGH it with the break up, Mac’s death, thank u next, and Manchester all leading up. They might see it as they awarded her for everything and move on. Plus her submission being 7 Rings won’t do her any favors either.

Ariana has a great track record in the Pop field. All of her albums have had 2 noms there except her debut.

If she misses anything it’ll be ROTY.

She has a good record with pop field, but because she submitted 7 Rings it could jeopardize her chances immensely as it might not resonate with the voters. Even though you could say the same about Lizzo and Billie, they don’t have a predisposition on what their sound was before these singles.

BARF!
    Blocked
    Topics:

Honey, Ariana Grande is NOT at the top of the ballot.  She is listed by her last name, which starts with a ‘G.’

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Ariana Grande is NOT at the top of the ballot. She is listed by her last name, which starts with a ‘G.’

I hope so.

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like I remember seeing Alicia Keys in the A section back when we got the pdf

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

Never really over won’t miss the pop nominations

She is getting in the end of the year lists

RichardAniston
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling that Billie will be snubbed everywhere. So… let’s just wait for November. It’s almost here!

No way Billie gets completely snubbed. She’s a hard lock for Best New Artist, and a virtual lock for the rest of the General Field as well as Pop Solo and Pop Vocal Album.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.