Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 522 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
BARF!
M
  • deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Speaking of her . Her Grammy museum performance is tomorrow and her exclusive interview. We’ll see what happens

#howrudeofme

M
    Participant
    Topics:

So Alicia Keys has 15 Grammys because her name starts with an A?

Talking about nominations. And yes over the recent years, certain artists who are up in the alphabetical order have received pretty surprising nominations like Beck, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera etc…

Doesn’t mean voters stop checking at the letter C, but being up there gives a small boost especially when you’re relevant enough like Ariana.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

If Lana gets on SNL this season it will be a game changer especially because it will be advertised as her return to the stage that caused a lot of jokes and criticism for her. So if she could redeem herself…

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s a question – what will be the way they announce Norman Fucking Rockwell’s nomination on national TV? What’s the censored version of the title they’ll say? Norman Fricking Rockwell? Norman effing Rockwell? Norman Rockwell?

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Norman Fricking Rockwell? Norman effing Rockwell? Norman Rockwell?

NFR or they can just say her name

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Pauly Antonio.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Pauly Antonio.

y'all ugly and smelly

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

“norman fricking rockwell” will be the most old white dude thing ever

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

And the winner for the Album of the Year is….Norman Hecking Rockwell!

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean they can just say the name and they’d cut it out.

Didn’t Gaga swear in her first grammy acceptance speech?

Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s a question – what will be the way they announce Norman Fucking Rockwell’s nomination on national TV? What’s the censored version of the title they’ll say? Norman Fricking Rockwell? Norman effing Rockwell? Norman Rockwell?

I think it’ll just be Norman Rockwell.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean they can just say the name and they’d cut it out.

Didn’t Gaga swear in her first grammy acceptance speech?

Yeah , but Shit isn’t as bad as “fuck” but I mean they can just say Norman Rockwell or just say “Lana Del Rey”

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  deshunfenty.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

If Lana gets on SNL this season it will be a game changer especially because it will be advertised as her return to the stage that caused a lot of jokes and criticism for her. So if she could redeem herself…

I would want her to as well but I don’t think she would be up to it around now like years later.

#howrudeofme

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Some of you do the absolute most to discredit Ms Ponytail…

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

If I were Lana, I would definite do it. She has definitely evolved as an artist with better production and songwriting, which IMO is very highlighted in recent record. The performance quality, I am not sure about. But if she does way better, I would just love to see her give the finger to the haters years ago. That’s definite a highlight rather than getting a nomination and not seeing her win.

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the biggest problem is not she being a woman but being a new artist, we already have Lizzo and Billie getting in the entire GF or at least BNA and AOTY.

It’s definitely a weird year, so I mean relatively speaking we are getting a ton of new faces in the general catagories. The ones that have gotten nominations in the past for AOTY is probably Lady Gaga and after that the Jonas Brother, but that is more of a stretch of that happening. But certainly I feel that Maggie is the weaker of the Best New Artist Nominees. She might have a chart topping album, but none of the singles got much traction except when she appear on the list Obama normally puts out annually. And Billie and Lizzo and even Lil Nas X are far more interesting and compelling winners than Maggie.

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

But maybe some can consider TUN a career defining moment too… and its only Billie’s debut and it’s already a defining moment in not just her career so far but also of the year in general. Anything can happen though.

Billie is barely starting her career as an artist. It is hard to pinpoint the direction of her next project or her longevity, but her this is not a bad for any measure. Many people discredit Ms. Eilish for being too young and, at times cringy, which is at times a fair criticism, but I feel like even with the sometimes she can make mature music at a young age that has grasp the attention of voters. Not commercializing for anyone, yet selling millions of stadiums and copies. Substance Abuse and Suicide and Climate Change. That has been far reach implications. Same with Lizzo, she might be new, but Grammy’s love instrumentality-tuned urban artists. She definitely has stage presence, talking about self love. And this really hasn’t been a precedent, even with Lil Nas X, a black gay male with the longest number one single ever. So honestly to discredit them as not wanting to go with them is stupid. This definitely has not set before. I am proud of those 3! Keeping going!

Barnacles Bro

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.