Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 522 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
BARF!
M
  • More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

IASF should’ve won AoTY over the boring Fearless. It was really close. If she won SoTY it’s an indication that she was close. But instead they gave Taylor a consolation prize after Kanye’s incident. Actually I think Taylor should’ve won SoTY with “You Belong With Me” because SL was atrocious, and Beyoncé the album.

I feel like they gave Taylor the reward a little too early in her career. Its was basically handed to her for being embarrassed by Kanye. And the fact that she won again only 5 years later gave her already huge ego a giant boost.

Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Whitney nor Celine took credit for writing their songs. They gave producers and writers their due when it came to their hits.

2. They appealed to an adult contemporary audience. Which meant their music was/is for everybody aka safe & agreeable.

3. Their records went Diamond. DIAMOND. We will never see numbers like that again (with the exception of Adele).

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Or possibly Ben Platt?

Ben Platt is already a Grammy winner. I had Alec in my list in the beginning of the year but an OVERLOAD of new talent came up and changed everything around…

y'all ugly and smelly

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought the Fame should’ve won AOTY that album was really great especially for a debut album , the themes and messages > she could’ve won more awards but she did get 2 so that counts .

#howrudeofme

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

IASF should’ve won AoTY over the boring Fearless. It was really close. If she won SoTY it’s an indication that she was close. But instead they gave Taylor a consolation prize after Kanye’s incident. Actually I think Taylor should’ve won SoTY with “You Belong With Me” because SL was atrocious, and Beyoncé the album.

Out of those nominees, Fearless was the most ‘acclaimed’ album if we judge based on their Metascore + the album swept country music awards (CMA, ACM etc.). Not to mention, it was the best selling album within eligibility period.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Ben Platt is already a Grammy winner. I had Alec in my list in the beginning of the year but an OVERLOAD of new talent came up and changed everything around…

I know that he counts for that win, but wasn’t sure if the academy would count it for him! I agree with Alec but could still see him as a surprise in the 8

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

But I love fearless as well so it doesn’t really bother me that she won. IASF actually is good it’s not as and as people make it out to be , I love the ballads. She has timeless hits on there.

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact at the ‘96 Grammys. They blocked Mariah from winning anything. I wonder what blocked her from AOTY or any genre categories. I can see why she lost to Joni tho.

#howrudeofme

Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

NFR would be a great choice for AOTY. She basically wrote the album herself with the help of Jack Antanoff. It also has the critical acclaim. My other choice would be Lady Gaga ASIB but idk if she will get in.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

What if it came down to NFR and ASIB both in AOTY being nominated.

#howrudeofme

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie

y'all ugly and smelly

M
    Participant
    Topics:

What really hurts Gaga’s chances this year and literally the only reason is the fact she won 3 Grammy’s this year, 2 for Shallow.

Had she released Shallow in this eligibility period, she’d be the biggest lock in all 3 categories. But now it’s not a sure thing. She could even lose Song for VM because she won it last year.

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

NFR, ASIB and Western Stars. Wooo lord

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The “not being involved/writing your albums” for “the” reason of losing AOTY doesn’t make sense to me because if you’re using that excuse for why people don’t win AOTY (as if Grammys actually use that as their true integrity when voting for the winner), then how do you explain Taylor Swift never winning SOTY for as much as an “acclaimed” songwriter she is? Bruno Mars is not known as a great songwriter and yet he swept in the same year Kendrick Lamar had DAMN (an actual acclaimed songwriter and he didnt’ even get in for SOTY). We’ve exhausted this already, but if you truly believe that the major reason for winning AOTY is because of how “involved you are” in the writing or producing, that’s very naive.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like her best shot at winning AOTY was with IASF.

hum.. BEYONCÉ was better

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.