Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 522 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
BARF!
M
  • BARF!
    Blocked
    Topics:

Honey, I would be shocked if J. Cole and Tyler, the Creator did NOT win in the Rap Field.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

YOU said that she was MAINLY helped by the fact that her name is found first. What nerve you have for one of the biggest pop artists to be taken down because their name alphabetically! Like seriously, no one is taking you serious. You used Pop Duo to justify your case when you also have people like Justin Timberlake and Zedd in the mix. Like the boundaries you push crush and dilute Ms. Ponytails chances has been on this forum for the longest. She has had one of the biggest years of her career. Stop acting like it is nothing.

And 7 Rings isn’t the only hit in the running. So alphabetical order will help whether you like it or not. It will help over Halsey for example, Shawn Mendes, Taylor Swift etc…

Maybe quit talking like twitter stans and use your brain a little. This isn’t even about Ariana only. Every filler nominee there has been, notice what letter their name starts with, and not just Pop Duo but Pop Solo also: Beck, Backstreet Boys, Tony Bennett, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera etc…

And notice the artists who were shockingly left out in some years, what do their last names start with? Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Sam Smith, and Shawn Mendes to a lesser extent in Pop Solo last year.

That’s right. Keep telling me alphabetical order doesn’t matter. But who am I talking to, twitter stans don’t understand logic if it’s about one of their faves.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    Emptyhanded
    Participant
    Topics:

That would only make a difference for A B C and maybe D artists. You were proven wrong that it’s by last name so Ariana is G which isn’t that early.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Mark Ronson’s Documentary basically screams POTY winner!! but daddy Finneas still should still win…

if winning will be his second win if, I hope this helps ASIB in AOTY.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

That would only make a difference for A B C and maybe D artists. You were proven wrong that it’s by last name so Ariana is G which isn’t that early.

Ugh, I’m losing brain cells. No, not necessarily A B C D only. It comes down to just whenever the 5 spots of the voter are filled. And actually I wasn’t “proven wrong”, the fact that it’s ranked by last name makes a lot more sense especially in cases like Kelly Clarkson and Tony Bennett. It proves it even more.

Hypothetically a voter last year would be checking for the most relevant candidates that year or artists he likes, would go through A B C section, finds Cabello and Beck, select them, then goes through E F G, finds Gaga and Grande, select them, and then goes through H I J K L M, finds Post Malone, checks him.

Once his 5 spots are filled, he’s unlikely to go through the rest of the list where they for example can find Mendes shortly after Malone, Taylor Swift, Sam Smith etc…

That doesn’t mean artists with “S” last names are always unlikely to be nominated, but I just notice that they only get nominated when they’re so undeniable that I imagine many voters would actually reserve a spot for them from the start.

BARF!
    Blocked
    Topics:

Honey, you have lost your marbles.  You make no damn sense.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Ugh, I’m losing brain cells. No, not necessarily A B C D only. It comes down to just whenever the 5 spots of the voter are filled. And actually I wasn’t “proven wrong”, the fact that it’s ranked by last name makes a lot more sense especially in cases like Kelly Clarkson and Tony Bennett. It proves it even more. Hypothetically a voter last year would be checking for the most relevant candidates that year or artists he likes, would go through A B C section, finds Cabello and Beck, select them, then goes through E F G, finds Gaga and Grande, select them, and then goes through H I J K L M, finds Post Malone, checks him. Once his 5 spots are filled, he’s unlikely to go through the rest of the list where they for example can find Mendes shortly after Malone, Taylor Swift, Sam Smith etc… That doesn’t mean artists with “S” last names are always likely to be nominated, but I just notice that they only get nominated when they’re so undeniable that I imagine many voters would actually reserve a spot for them from the start.

YOU are the one that brought up Ariana Grande. You should use your brain a little rather than to think that this has anything to do with being a stan. Her music was big and it had critical acclaim towards it. That simple. And last year is definitely different from this year. Ariana was never going to get into the general field, I predicted that. I didn’t even like Sweetener that much, even though God is a Woman is my favorite song of hers. That being said almost everyone from pop was being snubbed from the general field and pop categories: Ariana, Taylor, Shawn, Camilla, Justin, Ed, Sam. It was EVERYONE. Not because their names were in a weird alphabetical arrangement, but that there were bigger eras from trap-infused hip-hop artists like Scorpion, Invasion of Privacy, Beerbongs & Bentleys, ASTROWORLD, and The Black Panther Soundtrack, while being undercut critically by albums like Dirty Computer and Golden Hour. And don’t get me started on Brandi Carlile and H.E.R., they were just having a moment, I just suppose the Grammys just wanted to nominated them. The fact of the matter is Pop was not doing so well and we were seeing a decline in the popularity of pop music, but now that we are the pop rival, we are more unlikely to see snubs from popular artists like Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish, Lizzo, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Shawn & Camilla, Lil Nas X, the Jonas Brother, Lana Del Rey, etc.

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

at doesn’t mean artists with “S” last names are always unlikely to be nominated, but I just notice that they o

Honey that is just something you notice, not something that actually happened. Stop trying to make this happen and get on with actually predicting people in categories than belittling someones chances in a category or undercut someones nominations or win. Thank you and good day!

Barnacles Bro

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, you have lost your marbles. You make no damn sense.

Sorry, is it because I included Christina Aguilera in the list of nominees who were mostly helped by the alphabetical order?

crobaticaa
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think it’s that hard to check the whole list before voting tbh

Unless the voters are extremely lazy and can’t be bothered to spend a few minutes reading all the options

so they just vote for the most popular artists who are first in the alphabet….that would be pathetic

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

That argument is bullshit. Zedd, Justin Timberlake, Gregory Porter, Seal, Barbra Streisand, P!nk, Taylor Swift, and Shawn Mendes were all nominated in the Pop field last yar despite having last names/names from M-Z.

I won’t deny the possibility that some voters could check off some at the very, very top (Backstreet, Aguilera), but they still like and heard those songs. None of the “random” nominees except Gaga and Bennett are liked enough to be namechecks anyways.

And again, the problem is that you constantly try to undermine Ariana Grande’s success, whether it is saying that she had no competiton with Sweetener (bullshit), or saying that she got nominated mostly thanks to being in the upper side of the ballot, or any other BS you have said in these forums. We get it – you don’t like her – but even Gucci doesn’t come up with such weak arguments.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow.

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmfao Ariana is definitely getting nominated whether ppl love or not.

#howrudeofme

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Like I said, brain dead takes. Literally brain dead takes.

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Instead of constantly coming up with idiotic reasons to undermine said artist’s success and Grammy chances, why don’t y’all just say you don’t like said artist? At least Gucci is honest by their distaste for certain artists and doesn’t resort to half assed opinions.

The possibility of the Grammys taking Ariana Grande seriously as an artist is something some of you haven’t been able to handle.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.