Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 522 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
BARF!
M
  • Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Sweetie, that is NOT the reason why Drake’s Scorpion missed a Best Rap Album nomination. The Rap committee purposely blocked Drake to make it easier for Cardi B to win.

Scorpion got meh reviews and the panel purposely left him and Kendrick off of the list so that Cardi would win. That was incredibly obvious.

Maybe you’re right but there’s other choices for Cardi winning a Grammy. I Like It was big but it didn’t got a genre nomination.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

You free to disagree dude but it’s kinda expected from the Grammy voters also Flower Boy has more rapping than IGOR.

Due there are way less rapping on Flower Boy than IGOR, and it does help it reached number one with any of the songs being released before the album. I do agree with post that says IGOR should be in Urban Contemporary, but also I feel that you are disregarding the rappers who also sing in their music. Anyways I wish Tyler the best and I am very hopeful that he will receive the nominations.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Tyler is being so overestimated. I think Rap Album is between Meek Mill and Anderson .Paak (assuming he gets nominated).

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Tyler is being so overestimated. I think Rap Album is between Meek Mill and Anderson .Paak (assuming he gets nominated).

I think it’s Tyler and Meek Mill and 21 Savage.We will see on nomination day.

FYC:

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Why nobody thinks about Bandana except myself?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Why nobody thinks about Bandana except myself?

I have it being nominated but don’t see a path for winning.

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

It is one of biggest and critically acclaimed albums of the year. The ones that could be Tyler could be Championships, Fever or I Am > I Was, but if he is nominated definitely don’t count him out.

When and where was IGOR one of the biggest albums of the year? I just checked the estimated year-to-date chart and it’s around #50. It’s #10 for biggest streaming debuts of the year, and has only sold 400k+ units.

Acclaim? Yes. Everything else? Not really.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

I have it being nominated but don’t see a path for winning.

We’ll see about that when nominations come, we doesn’t have a clear frontrunner in rap.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

one of the biggest albums of the year? I just checked the estimated year-to-date chart and it’s around #50. It’s #10 for biggest streaming debuts of the year, and has only sold 400k

Only talking about the hip-hop field, yes it is one of the biggest albums of the year. There really wasn’t a big enough rap album with maybe the exception of Meek Mill and 21 Savage that have a bigger rap album. I maybe see a situation and scenario when the recording academy says “I’m sorry you got deported, here is a consolation price” for 21, but honestly with that line between 21, Meek, and Tyler, I am pretty sure they would choose Tyler or 21. Both have been nominated in the rap field especially 21 for ROTY, yet again it wasn’t for his own song. So I still in my heard about who is going to be win this category. Will they go traditional rap album with 21, or something out of the box and innovative with Tyler.

FYC:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

For rap, did people forget about Earl Sweatshirt with “Some Rap Songs”. Normally we typically think of albums that have commercial success, but the rap categories- especially rap album- mostly is field with critically acclaimed albums. Some Rap Songs can easily sneak in, as well as Bandana. A win, not so much.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Distant Dreamer
    Topics:

There really wasn’t a big enough rap album with maybe the exception of Meek Mill and 21 Savage that have a bigger rap album. I maybe see a situation and scenario when the recording academy says “I’m sorry you got deported, here is a consolation price” for 21, but honestly with that line between 21, Meek, and Tyler, I am pretty sure they would choose Tyler or 21.

I thought the same thing, but I can’t help but feel like that’s a bit of old news? But it could be something that plays a factor in the voting process. I do think it will end up being a showdown between 21 Savage and Tyler, The Creator though. There could be some surprise though (thinking of Meek or Anderson). I don’t that the rap category is weak, I think there’s just no obvious choice so it’s more of what will the voters bite on out of what we have. You have the artist who single handedly won last year alongside a darling, the gay rapper who had his (debatable) commercial peak with his lead single that features a Grammy favorite, and the UK rapper who was just won SOTY nominated in ROTY last year and had a lot of controversy surrounding him.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by Alex.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Alex.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BARF!
    Topics:

Don’t forget Bandana dahhling.

Sweetie, Bandana is NOT happening in Best Rap Album.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Sweetie, Bandana is NOT happening in Best Rap Album.

Why not? Y’all are stating facts without any evidence. Thanks Xtina, try harder next time.

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.