Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 522 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
BARF!
M
  • thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Sweetie, that is NOT the reason why Drake’s Scorpion missed a Best Rap Album nomination. The Rap committee purposely blocked Drake to make it easier for Cardi B to win.

Scorpion got meh reviews and the panel purposely left him and Kendrick off of the list so that Cardi would win. That was incredibly obvious.

Maybe you’re right but there’s other choices for Cardi winning a Grammy. I Like It was big but it didn’t got a genre nomination.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

You free to disagree dude but it’s kinda expected from the Grammy voters also Flower Boy has more rapping than IGOR.

Due there are way less rapping on Flower Boy than IGOR, and it does help it reached number one with any of the songs being released before the album. I do agree with post that says IGOR should be in Urban Contemporary, but also I feel that you are disregarding the rappers who also sing in their music. Anyways I wish Tyler the best and I am very hopeful that he will receive the nominations.

Barnacles Bro

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Tyler is being so overestimated. I think Rap Album is between Meek Mill and Anderson .Paak (assuming he gets nominated).

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Tyler is being so overestimated. I think Rap Album is between Meek Mill and Anderson .Paak (assuming he gets nominated).

I think it’s Tyler and Meek Mill and 21 Savage.We will see on nomination day.

Barnacles Bro

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Why nobody thinks about Bandana except myself?

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Meek Mill will get a nom tops. Voters have ignored him all throughout his career. I’m only expecting him to get 2 noms and lose both.

The real threats to Tyler are Anderson .Paak and 21 Savage. Both of their albums were acclaimed, both got Rap field noms last year. Savage will benefit from “a lot”, his deportation case, and having one of the best selling albums of the year as well.

BEST RAP ALBUM
    1. IGOR (Tyler, the Creator)
    2. i am > i was (21 Savage)
    3. Oxnard (Anderson .Paak)
    4. Fever (Meghan thee Stallion)
    5. Championships (Meek Mill)
    [6. Crash Talk (Schoolboy Q)]

2 Chainz has lost momentum but he could sneak in; Young Thug and Rapsody could as well. IDK if GINGER was submitted but that would be a nice nom.

If they decide to pick a more acclaimed project then Bandana and Grey Area would be the best choices.

chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

Why nobody thinks about Bandana except myself?

I have it being nominated but don’t see a path for winning.

chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

It is one of biggest and critically acclaimed albums of the year. The ones that could be Tyler could be Championships, Fever or I Am > I Was, but if he is nominated definitely don’t count him out.

When and where was IGOR one of the biggest albums of the year? I just checked the estimated year-to-date chart and it’s around #50. It’s #10 for biggest streaming debuts of the year, and has only sold 400k+ units.

Acclaim? Yes. Everything else? Not really.

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

I have it being nominated but don’t see a path for winning.

We’ll see about that when nominations come, we doesn’t have a clear frontrunner in rap.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

one of the biggest albums of the year? I just checked the estimated year-to-date chart and it’s around #50. It’s #10 for biggest streaming debuts of the year, and has only sold 400k

Only talking about the hip-hop field, yes it is one of the biggest albums of the year. There really wasn’t a big enough rap album with maybe the exception of Meek Mill and 21 Savage that have a bigger rap album. I maybe see a situation and scenario when the recording academy says “I’m sorry you got deported, here is a consolation price” for 21, but honestly with that line between 21, Meek, and Tyler, I am pretty sure they would choose Tyler or 21. Both have been nominated in the rap field especially 21 for ROTY, yet again it wasn’t for his own song. So I still in my heard about who is going to be win this category. Will they go traditional rap album with 21, or something out of the box and innovative with Tyler.

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

For rap, did people forget about Earl Sweatshirt with “Some Rap Songs”. Normally we typically think of albums that have commercial success, but the rap categories- especially rap album- mostly is field with critically acclaimed albums. Some Rap Songs can easily sneak in, as well as Bandana. A win, not so much.

Barnacles Bro

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

There really wasn’t a big enough rap album with maybe the exception of Meek Mill and 21 Savage that have a bigger rap album. I maybe see a situation and scenario when the recording academy says “I’m sorry you got deported, here is a consolation price” for 21, but honestly with that line between 21, Meek, and Tyler, I am pretty sure they would choose Tyler or 21.

I thought the same thing, but I can’t help but feel like that’s a bit of old news? But it could be something that plays a factor in the voting process. I do think it will end up being a showdown between 21 Savage and Tyler, The Creator though. There could be some surprise though (thinking of Meek or Anderson). I don’t that the rap category is weak, I think there’s just no obvious choice so it’s more of what will the voters bite on out of what we have. You have the artist who single handedly won last year alongside a darling, the gay rapper who had his (debatable) commercial peak with his lead single that features a Grammy favorite, and the UK rapper who was just won SOTY nominated in ROTY last year and had a lot of controversy surrounding him.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Alex.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Alex.
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

the UK rapper who just won SOTY last year and had a lot of controversy surrounding him.

Who is this?

BARF!
    Blocked
    Topics:

Don’t forget Bandana dahhling.

Sweetie, Bandana is NOT happening in Best Rap Album.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Sweetie, Bandana is NOT happening in Best Rap Album.

Why not? Y’all are stating facts without any evidence. Thanks Xtina, try harder next time.

Barnacles Bro

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.