Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 522 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
BARF!
M
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

To those who say Lana will be the Lorde of this year, I say Lorde was a recent Song of the Year winner. She had a decent following in the Academy.

Lana isn’t the same. And just because the critics loved NFR! doesn’t mean the committee will too. Personally, Born To Die still remains her best and most impactful album.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by M.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by M.
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Lorde was a recent SOTY winner, yet Lana Del Rey still got more votes than her in Pop Album in 2018.

Lana definitely has a shot at an AOTY nomination.

I would die if either Bandana or Some Rap Songs got nominated for Best Rap Album. They are among the best albums of this decade. I’m not gonna hold my breath, though.

Profile picture
    mnk7
    Topics:

The thing about Born To Die is that at the time it was released it wasn’t well received, but it aged well.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The thing about Born To Die is that at the time it was released it wasn’t well received, but it aged well.

Because the critics are very often wrong. They raved about Everything Is Love, it aged terribly. They raved about Thank U Next, although it did very well shortly after its release, it didn’t age well, etc..

Because the critics are very often wrong. They raved about Everything Is Love, it aged terribly. They raved about Thank U Next, although it did very well shortly after its release, it didn’t age well, etc..

Marvin Gaye’s Here, My Dear got shit on by critics when it was released, but is now regarded as a classic. The same goes for Led Zeppelin I, Black Sabbath’s self-titled album and others.

Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

Born To Die still remains her best and most impactful album.

As Gucci would Say “BARF”. It’s definitely not her best … her most impactful yes. She surpassed that album in many ways.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by deshunfenty.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

Can someone explain what’s the relevance of a Grammy Museum performance. Some people say it barely holds any weight and doesn’t promise a successful Grammy night, but some say the opposite and that it does give a lot of attention to the artist and most likely promises some Grammy love. I have noticed artists that do perform do get some grammy noms.

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Can someone explain what’s the relevance of a Grammy Museum performance. Some people say it barely holds any weight and doesn’t promise a successful Grammy night, but some say the opposite and that it does give a lot of attention to the artist and most likely promises some Grammy love. I have noticed artists that do perform do get some grammy noms.

Stans get bored in this pre-nomination period so they make shit up to speculate about, as if voters have so much time on their hands to watch these grammy museum performances. Many of them barely find time to vote.

Profile picture
    BARF!
    Topics:

Lana Del Rey + AOTY nomination = BARF! & NOT happening

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

The Grammy Museum is quite small, but I’m sure some voters are offered the opportunity to attend these performances for free. The thing is, the Recording Academy has way too large of a membership for these special performances to have much of any impact… unless… the members of the Blue Ribbon Panel (the secret group of voters who single-handedly select the General Field nominees) are forced to attend and/or always are given the opportunity to go for free.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I can see Billie wins AOTY if the Illuminati decide to use her as their next puppet

Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

I can see Billie wins AOTY if the Illuminati decide to use her as their next puppet

Lol

#howrudeofme

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Finally something that makes sense on these forums

Profile picture
    Emptyhanded
    Topics:

Stans get bored in this pre-nomination period so they make shit up to speculate about, 

This is true. Just the other day some idiot here thought the artist’s first letter of their last name made a difference.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.