Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 522 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
BARF!
M
  • dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

What really hurts Gaga’s chances this year and literally the only reason is the fact she won 3 Grammy’s this year, 2 for Shallow. Had she released Shallow in this eligibility period, she’d be the biggest lock in all 3 categories. But now it’s not a sure thing. She could even lose Song for VM because she won it last year.

if shallow were for 2020, gaga could have broken the beyonce record.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

The Gays worst nightmare will probably happen.

Bruce Springsteen in AoTY… Billie, Gaga, Ariana, Lana, Taylor who?

It’ll put all the stans arguments to rest.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

The Gays worst nightmare will probably happen. Bruce Springsteen in AoTY… Billie, Gaga, Ariana, Lana, Taylor who? It’ll put all the stans arguments to rest.

I called this in like April lol… but Western Stars did get bigger over time, so its not like its not a possibility anymore.

y'all ugly and smelly

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact at the ‘96 Grammys. They blocked Mariah from winning anything. I wonder what blocked her from AOTY or any genre categories. I can see why she lost to Joni tho.

Ariana pulling a Daydream with Thank U Next would NOT shock me.

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

When A Tribe Called Quest snubbed in 2017. Q-Tip made this iconic video, slamming the shit outta Grammy members. Shit is still iconic and relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY3KXd_sd7Y

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

IASF should’ve won AoTY over the boring Fearless. It was really close. If she won SoTY it’s an indication that she was close. But instead they gave Taylor a consolation prize after Kanye’s incident. Actually I think Taylor should’ve won SoTY with “You Belong With Me” because SL was atrocious, and Beyoncé the album.

uh no. Fearless is a cohesive masterpiece and one of the last albums to go diamond. I IASF was full of filler.

JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

What is weird about this cycle is that I can see the Grammys going anywhere. Right now is hard to predict who they would embrace and who they wouldn’t.

Last cycle wasn’t that wide open, at this same time last year we were able to cleary name who were the frontrunners to win AOTY. Now, everybody could be snubbed and I wouldn’t get surprised.

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

What is weird about this cycle is that I can see the Grammys going anywhere. Right now is hard to predict who they would embrace and who they wouldn’t. Last cycle wasn’t that wide open, at this same time last year we were able to cleary name who were the frontrunners to win AOTY. Now, everybody could be snubbed and I wouldn’t get surprised.

Agreed. This year I can’t even confidently predict the front runners for general field

JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

The “not being involved/writing your albums” for “the” reason of losing AOTY doesn’t make sense to me because if you’re using that excuse for why people don’t win AOTY (as if Grammys actually use that as their true integrity when voting for the winner), then how do you explain Taylor Swift never winning SOTY for as much as an “acclaimed” songwriter she is? Bruno Mars is not known as a great songwriter and yet he swept in the same year Kendrick Lamar had DAMN (an actual acclaimed songwriter and he didnt’ even get in for SOTY). We’ve exhausted this already, but if you truly believe that the major reason for winning AOTY is because of how “involved you are” in the writing or producing, that’s very naive.

Not to mention That’s What I Like had 8 writers and was about how Bruno Mars like expensive shit to spend with his girl during sex (well, his whole album was about that actually).

FYC: Invisible Life (Brazil) for Best International Film and Best Supporting Actress (Fernanda Montenegro)

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

The “not being involved/writing your albums” for “the” reason of losing AOTY doesn’t make sense to me because if you’re using that excuse for why people don’t win AOTY (as if Grammys actually use that as their true integrity when voting for the winner), then how do you explain Taylor Swift never winning SOTY for as much as an “acclaimed” songwriter she is? Bruno Mars is not known as a great songwriter and yet he swept in the same year Kendrick Lamar had DAMN (an actual acclaimed songwriter and he didnt’ even get in for SOTY). We’ve exhausted this already, but if you truly believe that the major reason for winning AOTY is because of how “involved you are” in the writing or producing, that’s very naive.

Taylor is not bad writer but has never written mature and widespread acclaimed smash hit. Her hits are all hits but not big timeless like Single Ladies or Rehab. Grammys like her albums but not individual song. Her album has lots of decent/good songwriting but not the one great one.

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is not bad writer but has never written mature and widespread acclaimed smash hit. Her hits are all hits but not big timeless like Single Ladies or Rehab. Grammys like her albums but not individual song. Her album has lots of decent/good songwriting but not the one great one.

What is this lie? Blank Space got widespread acclaim and for some extent Shake It Off too.

MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

The thing with Taylor is that she always picks the worst songs to be singles. Hence why she never wins SoTY, her best shot would have probably been Blank Space but voters decided to go for the safe and boring ballad.

Also all the acclaimed songs besides the 1989 singles are always deep cuts for example: All Too Well it’s one of her best and critics and publications always praise it.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

What is this lie? Blank Space got widespread acclaim and for some extent Shake It Off too.

Shake it Off is silly is fluff. Blank Space is better but is still like highschool and immature.

MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

Shake it Off is silly is fluff. Blank Space is better but is still like highschool and immature.

If that’s Blank Space to you, you apparently didn’t get it

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The thing with Taylor is that she always picks the worst songs to be singles. Hence why she never wins SoTY, her best shot would have probably been Blank Space but voters decided to go for the safe and boring ballad.

Also all the acclaimed songs besides the 1989 singles are always deep cuts for example: All Too Well it’s one of her best and critics and publications always praise it.

Blank Space had acclaim, though. It was considered one of the best songs of the year and had all the makings to actually win it but still lost. Shake It Off losing was obvious. So I say that to say this; there’s more that goes to winning a Grammy than just one thing. You rarely get a genuine, actual best of the year as a winner. It’s the same with the Oscars, you win based on circumstances, critical reception, commercial success, your narrative, what type of genre you are in etc,. Politics always goes into an award even if it is subconscious (most of the time). It is not just based on how much you write, which is a tunnel vision way of perceiving the race.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.