Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 522 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
BARF!
M
  • thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Current predictions: Album of the Year Gary Clark Jr. – This Land Lana Del Rey – Norman Fucking Rockwell! Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next Khalid – Free Spirit Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born Soundtrack Lizzo – Cuz I Love You Tyler, the Creator – Igor Record of the Year Gary Clark Jr. – “This Land” Billie Eilish – “Bad Guy” Ariana Grande – “7 Rings” Khalid – “Talk” Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – “Old Town Road” Lizzo – “Truth Hurts” Post Malone & Swae Lee – “Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)” Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello – “Señorita” Song of the Year “Bad Guy” (Billie Eilish) “Someone You Loved” (Lewis Capaldi) “Speechless” (Dan + Shay) “Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)” (Post Malone & Swae Lee) “Talk” (Khalid) “Thank U, Next” (Ariana Grande) “This Land” (Gary Clark Jr.) “Truth Hurts” (Lizzo) Best New Artist Tyler Childers Billie Eilish Ari Lennox Lizzo Maggie Rogers Rosalía Summer Walker YBN Cordae

Unrealistic.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Unrealistic.

Yeah cause Freddie Gibbs being nominated everywhere is a lot more realistic.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Unrealistic.

Then post your realistic predictions, please

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Ehhh I wouldn’t buy into using the VMA as a way for Taylor to get into BMV since VOTY is fan voted.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I think they might go to the route they been during currently which is picking a political or social video. I think This Land WILL win it.

If they go for a artistic approach then I would bet on Billie or Twigs (if she gets nominated)

#howrudeofme

MTom
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is everyone so strongly predicting Cuz I Love You for AOTY if Lizzo’s most popular songs are from years back (despite the later addition of Truth Hurts to the album)? She had a good rating on metacritic but no one has been talking about her album precisely. Would it be possible for her to get nominated for ROTY and SOTY and miss out on AOTY? What do you think?

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I think BMV will be a race between This Land and Cellophane, unless they really like Billie (WTPO is easily getting in, but I don’t see it winning). Also, 21 Savage has a VOTY nom + politcal subject on his side as well; he could be in the race.

FKA Twigs deserves that category. Cellophane is an amazing video, and actually got some VMA nods which always help.

Regarding the other spots, OTR is getting in. I don’t see Ariana or Taylor getting in.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is everyone so strongly predicting Cuz I Love You for AOTY if Lizzo’s most popular songs are from years back (despite the later addition of Truth Hurts to the album)? She had a good rating on metacritic but no one has been talking about her album precisely. Would it be possible for her to get nominated for ROTY and SOTY and miss out on AOTY? What do you think?

The success and current popularity of Truth Hurts could help her album gain momentum to get into AOTY. She’s peaking at the right time .

#howrudeofme

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

So You Need To Calm Down is technically proficient and/or socially relevant but Thank U Next is not?

Socially relevant? Yes. The pride theme is the kind of thing they look for – videos with meaning (“I’m Not Racist,” “1-800,” “Love the Way You Lie,” etc.).

“You Need to Calm Down” also had 3 technical nominations at the VMAs vs. “Thank U Next”‘s 2.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Personally, I hope Twigs gets nominated and win . That video is a real masterpiece. She honestly deserves it.

#howrudeofme

BARF!
    Blocked
    Topics:

Honey, Lizzo checks off all the boxes of a potential AOTY nominee.

R.E.M
    Participant
    Topics:

Socially relevant? Yes. The pride theme is the kind of thing they look for – videos with meaning (“I’m Not Racist,” “1-800,” “Love the Way You Lie,” etc.). “You Need to Calm Down” also had 3 technical nominations at the VMAs vs. “Thank U Next”‘s 2.

This sounds more like a swiftie’s fan wishful thinking. VMA’s technical nominations don’t matter.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  R.E.M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  R.E.M.
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor is getting in. She wasn’t nominated for LWYMMD, a high budget, controversial, huge video, and You Need to Calm Down kinda flopped.

mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

Is anyone seeing Doin’ Time in for BMV?
    Also, don’t know if it’s worth mentioning but OTR was apparently featured in the trailer for the new Rambo movie.

Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not surprised if Taylor pulls a ‘surprise bitch’ moment. With the lack of strong contenders from country field, it’s either her or Gaga will snatch votes from that committee.

This is a really good point that nobody has mentioned.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.