Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 485 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
Pauly Antonio
  • deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think She’ll miss Alternative. Especially since the 1975 was moved to pop. That could benefit her to qualify and make it to be nominated

#howrudeofme

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/ThePopHub/status/1185274142486085632

Ew. Embarrassing. Disappointed but not Surprised

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  deshunfenty.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Another wacky shit from Billboard. Full pop and R&B, especially bad R&B.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

but it’s only Beyonce Stans that predict Homecoming….

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Who said that ……

#howrudeofme

BYOB
    Participant
    Topics:

These Billboard predictions aren’t new, though. Just the same old sh*t from Paul Grein.

caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard & Rolling Stone’s lists are fandom pleasers. AOTY line-ups consisted exclusively of mainstream albums weren’t perennial when only 5 albums were nominated. Now with 8 nominees, they’ll defintely surprise even the best predictors and try as hard to include as many genres as possible to justify the expansion. We’ll see H.E.R.s & Brandi Carliles every year. AOTY line-ups 100% of mainstream Pop, R&B and Rap will become rare in the future.

tl;dr: Lover & Homecoming are not being nominated.

caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

She has competition. I’ll doubt she’ll get nominated

This year there were plenty of good and memorable music videos. However, almost every year at least 1 nominee makes it exclusively due to commercial performance. I think that’s the case of thank u, next. Best Music Video winners are usually the most succesful contender. Sometimes it’s the best nominee, which is not the case of tun, but it’s one of the frontrunners regardless.

prays for Cellophane

Luis Jose Martinez Millan
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Mark Ronson is going to be the surprise nominee this year. He is adored by his peers and the industry, his album was well received, he has a good track record, and his profile exploded after the Oscars. My 2 cents.

daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Mark Ronson is going to be the surprise nominee this year. He is adored by his peers and the industry, his album was well received, he has a good track record, and his profile exploded after the Oscars. My 2 cents.

I’d love to see Nothing Breaks Like a Heart nominated. It’s a great song and a chance of seeing Miley remembered once again.

nicole94
    Participant
    Topics:

How much do you guys think an artists outside life /persona affect their chances? Do you think voters pay attention to that or no? For example Miley being cringey and messy grabbing her mans junk on Instagram and humping the floor. Or Shawn and camila eating each others faces… lol do you think voters see that and go hmmm no I’m not voting for them or does it not even factor in?

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

How much do you guys think an artists outside life /persona affect their chances? Do you think voters pay attention to that or no? For example Miley being cringey and messy grabbing her mans junk on Instagram and humping the floor. Or Shawn and camila eating each others faces… lol do you think voters see that and go hmmm no I’m not voting for them or does it not even factor in?

I think Miley’s antics and clownery does distract from her musicianship for both the GP and probably the voters too. People just can’t take her seriously as an artists esp. after her 2013 gimmicks.

As for Shawn and Camila.. not really. No one cares how they make out except for their stans. I’m sure the voters aren’t even aware of that silliness. They will likely get nominated for 1-2 categories this year.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Mark Ronson would be an atrocious AoTY nominee, sorry. He already won for Uptown Funk. That’s enough GF wins for him.

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Mark Ronson would be an atrocious AoTY nominee, sorry. He already won for Uptown Funk. That’s enough GF wins for him.

Don’t forget Amy Winehouse’s Rehab. He produced that.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 485 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)’ is closed to new replies.