Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 488 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
Pauly Antonio
  • 24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope the Blue Ribbon Panel leans more towards pop/alternative with their selections for Album of the Year. I don’t want to see a hip-hop or country album nominated without being deserving and honestly, neither genre made a huge impact in this past year of music.

I would love to see the likes of The 1975, Robyn and Lana all nominated. It won’t happen, but it’d be nice.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Tea most of the best albums this year were alternative/pop leaning this eligibility period

#howrudeofme

M
    Participant
    Topics:

And some of you were trying to convince us no one outside of Gen Z cared about Billie.

While I agree that she has a wider audience than Gen Z. Elton John is the wrong example to use here. He’s always been open-minded and forward-thinking. He even performed with Gaga for example at her Grammy’s debut and still she lost the GF categories time and again because older generations were not into her.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I rewatched Cellophane today and, wow, if that song loses Best Music Video I will be rioting.

Bernardo Rojas
    Participant
    Topics:

Today I listened NFR again, and damn that album aged like fine wine

tbh I wouldn’t mind it winning AOTY

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I rewatched Cellophane today and, wow, if that song loses Best Music Video I will be rioting.

RIGHT! literally the only video . I want to win .

#howrudeofme

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Kenboi99 is not a Beyoncé fan. He’s a troll obviously. Stop responding.

lol OK

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope the Blue Ribbon Panel leans more towards pop/alternative with their selections for Album of the Year. I don’t want to see a hip-hop or country album nominated without being deserving and honestly, neither genre made a huge impact in this past year of music. I would love to see the likes of The 1975, Robyn and Lana all nominated. It won’t happen, but it’d be nice.

Except hip-hop deserves…

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Except hip-hop deserves…

Hip Hop was sorta weak this year And it’s unlikely a hip hop album will show up in AOTY anyway. Unless they pay attention to IGOR.

#howrudeofme

PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

Hip Hop was sorta weak this year And it’s unlikely a hip hop album will show up in AOTY anyway. Unless they pay attention to IGOR.

Six of the ten highest selling albums of the year are hip-hop albums, so how have they made no impact?

PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana Del Rey’s album is not even charting in the top 100 and has only been out for a month, so what is the impact that she has?

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Six of the ten highest selling albums of the year are hip-hop albums, so how have they made no impact?

Based on the first half of 2019 in the US, only 4 out of the top 10 albums of the year are Hip Hop: Hoodie SZN by A Boogie wit Da Hoodie, Beerbongs & Bentley by Post Malone, Scorpion by Drake, and Death Race for Love by Juice WRLD. Two of those are from the last Grammy season (both AOTY nominees), and the other two are by new artists that have had little last impact throughout the year (both were released very early).

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

IGOR isn’t selling much but critical acclaim is high, same with Lana Del Rey, Freddie Gibbs, Solange and Anderson Paak. Other hand we’ve got Billie’s, Ariana’s, Lizzo’s, Taylor’s etc…

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana Del Rey’s album is not even charting in the top 100 and has only been out for a month, so what is the impact that she has?

Yes she is. Norman Fucking Rockwell is at #37.

If you mean singles, she isn’t much of singles artist, but Doin Time entered the Hot 100 right near the end of the voting season, and has been on top of Rock Radio for 6 weeks.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

IGOR isn’t selling much but critical acclaim is high, same with Lana Del Rey, Freddie Gibbs, Solange and Anderson Paak. Other hand we’ve got Billie’s, Ariana’s, Lizzo’s, Taylor’s etc…

Ariana (86) had roughly the same amount of acclaim as Lana del Rey and Freddie Gibbs (both 87) if we base it on MC. Paak (Ventura), Billie, Lizzo, and Tyler all got an 81-82, and Oxnard (73) actually was less acclaimed than Taylor Swift’s Lover (79). Stop trying to minimize popstars – this year, they are just as critically acclaimed as the hip-hop projects.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)’ is closed to new replies.