Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 488 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
Pauly Antonio
  • More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still trying to understand why Lana’s dumbass didn’t even try to submit “Doin’ Time” to Rock performance. It’s an acclaimed, multi-week chart topper.

James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

One more month until nomination day, come on November 20th! (smiles)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still trying to understand why Lana’s dumbass didn’t even try to submit “Doin’ Time” to Rock performance. It’s an acclaimed, multi-week chart topper.

if she were to submit Doin’ Time, it’d be in pop solo anyways.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh that person is still trying to make Freddie Gibbs happen?

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh that person is still trying to make Freddie Gibbs happen?

You should shut the fuck up when i give some examples. Bandana is one of the most acclaimed albums, you can’t change the fact.

Ariana (86) had roughly the same amount of acclaim as Lana del Rey and Freddie Gibbs (both 87) if we base it on MC. Paak (Ventura), Billie, Lizzo, and Tyler all got an 81-82, and Oxnard (73) actually was less acclaimed than Taylor Swift’s Lover (79). Stop trying to minimize popstars – this year, they are just as critically acclaimed as the hip-hop projects.

I’m not trying to minimize popstars, i’m just saying they are 2 types of nominations, based on popularity/commercial success and based on critical success. If Ariana and Taylor got them both, good for them. Also i didn’t count Oxnard since Paak’s nomination chances are mostly from Ventura.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmfao she could’ve submitted the greatest which is rock and they’ll say it’s pop.

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

any Ideas of who could win Best Alternative?

I wanna say Titanic Rising but I think it’s between Father of the Bride and maybe I,I. Weyes feels like a Fiona to me this year ( the artist who should win but probably won’t ).

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  deshunfenty.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmfao she could’ve submitted the greatest which is rock and they’ll say it’s pop.

ULTRAVIOLENCE was in pop. Ultraviolence……. she could put out a metal/screaming song and she would still be moved to compete in pop

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

any Ideas of who could win Best Alternative?

I wanna say Titanic Rising but I think it’s between Father of the Bride and maybe I,I. Weyes feels like a Fiona to me this year ( the artist who should win but probably won’t ).

I’m thinking between Vampire Weekend and Bon Iver.

justonemorething
    Participant
    Topics:

There has been talk of Bruce Springsteen’s “Western Stars” being a veteran/legend inclusion in the AOTY line up. I don’t know how plausible this is, but wonder if the release of the concert/documentary film this weekend will do anything to bring the album back into mind as the nominating process occurs.

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

And some of you were trying to convince us no one outside of Gen Z cared about Billie.

As someone included in that some of you, this video changes absolutely nothing. Y’all need to stop using celebrities praising/talking about Billie as examples of her impact amongst older generations.

When I say she doesn’t appeal to a wide range of people outside of Gen Z, I mean average, “normal” people. Your parents, your teachers, your professors… not Elton John and Melissa Mccarthy. There are still a lot of people who don’t even know what a Billie Eilish is.

Whether or not this hurts her Grammy chances I have yet to decide my stance on (not at nominations, but wins).

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol at people saying Norman Fucking Rockwell has no impact when the album basically makes it into multiple decade-end lists. And even critics list especially the huge one like Pitchfork will spark discussion among people in the industry.

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking between Vampire Weekend and Bon Iver.

What about The National?

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Bon Iver was a non-event. It’ll be between The National and Vampire Weekend.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Bon Iver was a non-event. It’ll be between The National and Vampire Weekend.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)’ is closed to new replies.