Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 487 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
Pauly Antonio
  • More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana’s album just sold over 100,000 pure copies so far. That’s phenomenal for an artist like her. People are really embracing Norman F Rockwell.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana’s album just sold over 100,000 pure copies so far. That’s phenomenal for an artist like her. People are really embracing Norman F Rockwell.

Her album is doing better than L4L . I’m actually surprised and the album is getting a great number of streams as well.

#howrudeofme

geoffapple
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m surprised it’s doing so well too. A lot of people thought it would flop. This also goes on to prove that traditional album rollouts aren’t necessarily the only way to go…

hunger hurts but starving works when it costs too much to love...

PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

She is a major label artist, so 100,000 is not anything impressive.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

It is. She’s not a big album seller and her album is very lowkey, has no mainstream pop hits, and is very alternative.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

For a alternative artist it is …

#howrudeofme

blaze
    Participant
    Topics:

Some questions if anyone can help answer…

Has any artist won Pop Vocal Album 2 years in a row?

Also, Ariana being nominated in Pop Vocal would give her 4 noms in that category within 5 years… has that ever been done before?

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Some questions if anyone can help answer…

Has any artist won Pop Vocal Album 2 years in a row?

Also, Ariana being nominated in Pop Vocal would give her 4 noms in that category within 5 years… has that ever been done before?

No artist has won Pop Vocal twice in a row; that said, most artist don’t release albums so closely next to each other. The only artist to win Pop Vocal Album more than once are Adele and Kelly Clarkson. This year Ariana, Taylor, and Ed Sheeran are looking for their 2nd Pop Vocal Album trophy.

Also, no, no other artist has gotten 4 nods in a 5 year span. The only artists with 4 or more noms in Pop Vocal are P!nk, Kelly Clarkson, and Justin Timberlake (if you include NSYNC). Ariana’s expected to join them this year.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

some new info from Paul Grein regarding placements of some albums: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/8533544/billie-eilish-lizzo-best-new-artist-2020-grammys-predictions

This made me laugh a bit:

Capaldi’s breakthrough single, “Someone like You,” has so far reached No. 3 on the Hot 100. His first full-length album, Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent, reached No. 25 on the Billboard 200.

Anyways, while I don’t have some of those artists even as back ups, I am thinking we’re going to miss one of two genres in the BNA category: Country or Rock. For rock, I think the choice would be BADFLOWER. For country, the choice seems to be Tyler Childers or Carly Pearce.
    I don’t have JUICE WRLD in my 8 but that’s not to say he seems like a possibility. I had Jamila Woods covering my R&B slot but I think I’m going to switch to Summer Walker. Her album being ineligible might work well in her favor, it’s got good reviews, and generating good buzz with being the highest streamed debut R&B album.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Jamila Woods and Summer Walker could both get in.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Tyler Childers will be the country representative. Carly Pearce is a non-factor. Badflower likely don’t have enough momentum to get in.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Jamila Woods and Summer Walker could both get in.

Or they prefer Ari Lennox instead.

R&B females have been really stepping it up these last few years.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

The way Paul Grein is insinuating Lewis Capaldi will be fighting for the last spot with Lil Nas X is straight up delusional.

God is he delusional. He really thinks the committee is full of some gay twitter stans or something.

Lewis Capaldi is not a lock for Best New Artist, but I do think he’s more likely than Lil Nas X, who seems like a long shot for the category despite having the highest profile hit.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé could over perform and get 6 nominations. I’m not banking on it but I wouldn’t be shocked if she pulled it off.

AOTY

Best Music Film
    Song for Visual Media
    Urban Contemporary Album
    R&B Performance
    Producer of the Year
    Best Music Video

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé could over perform and get 6 nominations. I’m not banking on it but I wouldn’t be shocked if she pulled it off. AOTY Best Music Film Song for Visual Media Urban Contemporary Album R&B Performance Producer of the Year

That’s not overperform. That is is realistic. Only producer is long shot but she produced two albums this year including for other music. Overpeform would be ROTY and SOTY that would be nice but don’t see it happening.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)’ is closed to new replies.