Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 488 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
Pauly Antonio
  • BARF!
    Blocked
    Topics:

Get real!  Rosalía is NOT happening in Album of the Year.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I just feel like if they wanted to diversify AOTY this year ….. they should nominate Rosalía, that would be a huge surprise and a great choice for a nominee at that.

#howrudeofme

chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve thinking about whether if EL MAL QUERER OR I,I could sneak into AOTY . I think it could potentially happen.

I had El Mal Querer for ages but finally got rid of it. I feel like the BNA nomination will be historical enough/the BRP wouldn’t feel obligated to include her in AOTY.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

I think if Lizzo isn’t in the race for AOTY, then it’s Maggie Rogers or Rosalía’s spot to grab. I don’t think they’d have more than 2 BNA nominee’s albums for AOTY. Rosalia has a stronger shot because it’s a stronger body of work, will have the backing of the Latin community, and if she’s getting anywhere else in GF- it’s album.

She could also be riding off the highs off multiple (including GF) wins from the Latin Grammys just days before the nominations come out.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

nominating rosalia in aoty is too inspired a choice for them to pull off

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

El Mal Querer was easily the best album released this period. They should nominate her in aoty since she’s going to get all her Grammys stolen by the same 2x AOTY (latin) Grammy winner.

y'all ugly and smelly

AuxPlayer
    Participant
    Topics:

El Mal Querer’s impact is ground shaking. It reimagined what has been an (almost unchanged) century-old genre. Truly a masterpiece that deserves recognition. On the other hand, it has already been nominated at the Latin Grammys so it is possible voters chose another album.

AuxPlayer
    Participant
    Topics:

Alejandro Sanz can fart and the Latin Grammys will praise him. They should know better /:

AuxPlayer
    Participant
    Topics:

Girl, I would take an artist that fades out over someone who constantly releases bad music any day of the week. I mean good luck for Ms Ponytail but her recent releases aren’t good. And it may be better for her to take a break from the public eye and come back with a proper release with actual hype.

This is why I think there’s lots of hype for Adele. People miss her almost all the time. When she released 25 the world was here for it. Maybe even why she won AOTY over Lemonade

More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Alejandro Sanz is about to sweep the Latin Grammys yet again. The academy isn’t ready to accept such a progressive album( El Mal Querer) just yet.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll keep Rosalía as a darkhorse in my list .

#howrudeofme

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Alejandro Sanz is about to sweep the Latin Grammys yet again. The academy isn’t ready to accept such a progressive album( El Mal Querer) just yet.

Theres nothing progressive about Rosalía though except that it’s a Spanish album. If a white artist wanted to culture appropriate and do the same style the Grammys would’ve ate it up for being “different”.

*i said this when ROSALÍA is a culture appropriator her damn self lol.

y'all ugly and smelly

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Whatever frivolous attempt there is to try and make Rosalia happen, please stop it.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Whatever frivolous attempt there is to try and make Rosalia happen, please stop it.

Yeah, I love Rosalía but she ain’t happening in AOTY.

Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, what in the midwestern fuck is going on! You bitches think Cuz I Love You is NOT a great album, but have boners for Lover, Norming Fucking Rockwell!, A Star Is Born, and Thank U, Next. That is some crazy shit.

You stan artist with a dead career, silence is the best thing you should do

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)’ is closed to new replies.