Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 488 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
Pauly Antonio
  • PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I have 21 Savage in 5, but he could get 6 at a push.

ROTY, SOTY, Rap Album, Performance & Song. He could squeeze out a BMV nom too.

J. Cole could get 6 potentially too.

ROTY, SOTY, Rap Performance (x2), Song & BMV.

Yeah, no. 21 Savage isn’t happening outside of rap.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Since “Beautiful People” is blowing up right, I don’t think it’ll be that much of a longshot for the GF anymore.

The song is really good. But hopefully it’s not peaking too late. But I’m not including it for now. Let’s see how it goes in the next two weeks.

I do have an empty spot in SoTY though. I’d add “Speechless” but it isn’t the center yet.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m curious to see which nominations we are overhyping and which ones we won’t see coming.

Potentially Overhyping:

Gary Clark Jr. – I think he’s happening in the GF, but he could very well just score a nom or two in Rock only.

Ariana Grande – She shouldn’t have missed out last year in the GF and she did. Yet, most of us (including myself) expect her to get in this year??

Taylor Swift – I think she could easily be snubbed altogether. Voters have no reason to just GIVE her any nominations. None of her songs were lasting hits and while her album received respectable reviews, none praised this album as being her “best” or “one of the best of the year.”

A Star is Born – I could see this scoring zero noms… or just a single one for the Soundtrack Album category. This is old news and the film/soundtrack has already been awarded Grammys previously. Voters will move on to newer material.

Potential Noms We Might Be Underestimating:

Lewis Capaldi – He really has a shot at scoring way more noms than any of us are giving him credit for. He could get into all 4 of the GF plus Pop Solo and Album.

Beyonce – I don’t think its going to happen, BUT… she COULD score big with noms between her 2 projects. She has a potential to score 8 nominations (Album of the Year Homecoming, Pop Solo “Spirit”, Pop Album Lion King, Contemporary R&B Album Homecoming, R&B Performance Before I Let Go, Rap/Sung Collaboration Mood 4 Eva, Visual Media Song Spirit, Longform Music Video Homecoming). Let’s say she gets into at least 5 of those categories before the Blue Ribbon Panel decides on the General Field noms… might they see all those noms and think “She deserves to get into Album of the Year?” IDK… I don’t think so, but its possible.

Ed Sheeran – This year’s Blue Ribbon Panel (in addition to the regular voting body) might want to make it up to Ed for the lack of love for his previous album. He could score surprise noms in the General Field: Album of the Year (a lot of different genre support from the various artists he collaborates with), Record & Song of the Year “Beautiful People”, plus Pop Duo Group “I Don’t Care”, Pop Vocal Album… maybe in Rock and other categories. P.S. I don’t buy that he didn’t submit his album at all anywhere or only 2 songs. I think there are more submissions we don’t know about. Just saying.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Think it will depend on what they end up leading towards. Female will likely be between Billie Eilish (up to 7), Lady Gaga (up to 7), Lizzo (up to 7). Male will likely be between Anderson .Paak (up to 5), Jonas Brothers (up to 6), Khalid (up to 6), Bruce Springsteen (up to 6), Gary Clark Jr (up to 6), Jack Antonoff or Finneas (as producer credit). Let me know if I’m missing an obvious one…

If you think Gaga will get “up to 7” nominations you’ll be VERY disappointed.

The most expected outcome is 3, if not 2. If she gets 5 nominations it’ll be a massive overperformance. And 7 is simply impossible.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Ariana is being overhyped. However shitty the committee will find her music to be, they’ll nominate her anyway as the “popular but shitty” pick. Drake was that nominee last year for example (hence why she didn’t get in).

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Daily reminder that both Norman Fucking Rockwell and Western Stars will get nominated for AOTY. Thank you

You can stop posting this all the time because not only is it annoying, but Bruce Springsteen is NOT happening.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I have 21 Savage in 5, but he could get 6 at a push.

ROTY, SOTY, Rap Album, Performance & Song. He could squeeze out a BMV nom too.

J. Cole could get 6 potentially too.

ROTY, SOTY, Rap Performance (x2), Song & BMV.

I have Savage at 5 as well: SOTY, Rap Song, Rap Perf, Rap Album, BMV

KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

guys, can you tell me what is that: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cVVkXL2Q6e25heWtUZR4NpwnxJSvagKWXkgPAhjs1kY/edit#gid=0 ?
    is this legit? cause there are some differences comparing with what we know so far from different sources:
    – the list of Best New Artists in this spreadsheet match HDD list almost in 100%. the only one not on HDD’s list is some artist called Delicate Steve;
    – Elle Varner’s album ELLEVATION is both in Urban Contemporary & R&B album;
    – Anderson. Paak’s TINTS is both in Rap Perf & Rap/Sung Perf,
    etc.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Gary Clark and Lizzo are the ones I see being overhyped. I dont see any scenario where both make it in AOTY

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

I have Billie Eilish in 7.I can’t imagine anyone getting more than 7 this year but we’ll see.

BARF!
    Blocked
    Topics:

Get real!  “Beautiful People” is NOT happening in the General Field.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

I have 21 Savage in 5, but he could get 6 at a push. ROTY, SOTY, Rap Album, Performance & Song. He could squeeze out a BMV nom too. J. Cole could get 6 potentially too. ROTY, SOTY, Rap Performance (x2), Song & BMV.

I debated 21 Savage… I’m not sure if he can really make it into Record and Song. But could potentially be a big threat if he does!

The Jonas Brothers aren’t getting more than 3 noms at best.

Not expecting them to, but they might be able to get into Record, Song(due to Ryan), and Music Video.

If you think Gaga will get “up to 7” nominations you’ll be VERY disappointed. The most expected outcome is 3, if not 2. If she gets 5 nominations it’ll be a massive overperformance. And 7 is simply impossible.

Like I said, it depends on what they want the narrative to be. I’m not expecting her to get 7 nominations I’m saying there’s a possibility of it. I agree that 3 is what I’m expecting. But just a reminder that Kendrick was the most nominated last year with a highly successful soundtrack as well.

At least I’m not predicting A Star Is Born to get ZERO nominations. We all know Best Soundtrack is literally the ONLY lock for this entire Grammy cycle.

BARF!
    Blocked
    Topics:

Honey, most nominations:

Female: Billie Eilish – 7
    Male: Anderson. Paak – 6

Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

21 Savage is not gonna get any nominations outside the rap field. He was never nominated for his own songs/albums and his material IS actually old news!

Miss Stefani might very well get 5 nominations because pop voters can easily name check her in both pop solo and pop duo. If Joanne was name checked (and even won), I don’t see why the moderate hits ARUTW/INLA wouldn’t be. Plus Gaga has remained relevant throughout the year, just look at how much attention her recent tweets have got.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Plus Gaga has remained relevant throughout the year, just look at how much attention her recent tweets have got.

I doubt the Grammy voters know what Fortnite is either.

y'all ugly and smelly

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 23)’ is closed to new replies.