Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 540 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
ayanami
  • supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s finally finna be November …. and the pressure is on 🌚

I’m sick of waiting and arguing about Taylor and Ariana! The 20th can come any day now.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Album of the year top contenders based on how they charted in the decade-end charts:

1. A Star Is Born at #33

2. When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go at #53

3. Thank U Next at #68

4. Free Spirit at #82

5. Cuz I Love You at #109

The other contending albums are not charting, including “Happiness Begins”. If you’re predicting it, might as well remove it.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Voting happens before this so it has zero impact

alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

George Harrison did it when he won for AOTY in 1972

That was a special case, a charity album. I’m not sure what genre it was submitted into, but just look at some of the people that were on the album:

George Harrison – vocals, electric and acoustic guitars, backing vocals
    Ravi Shankar – sitar
    Bob Dylan – vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica
    Leon Russell – piano, vocals, bass, backing vocals
    Ringo Starr – drums, vocals, tambourine
    Billy Preston – Hammond organ, vocals
    Eric Clapton – electric guitar
    Ali Akbar Khan – sarod
    Alla Rakha – tabla
    Kamala Chakravarty – tambura

Half of the Beatles, plus Bob Dylan and Eric Clapton. Both Dylan and Clapton won their first Grammy awards with that album.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Concert_for_Bangladesh_(album)

So yes, you can win AOTY with your only nomination, but I’m not sure what you’d have to do to match that Grammy-bait lineup.

AuxPlayer
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like the academy just doesn’t like Halsey/don’t take her seriously. They could either nominate a non mainstream hit like always remember us this way or throw a bone to Halsey.

Halsey hasn’t released anything Grammys worthy until now. Really do hope Without Me is nominated, it’s a really good song and was huge. This could be her prelude to her Grammys career.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Voting happens before this so it has zero impact

That would be if this was an opinion list. But it’s a reflection of the impact we already felt of an album before. So they indirectly are an indicator.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Halsey hasn’t released anything Grammys worthy until now. Really do hope Without Me is nominated, it’s a really good song and was huge. This could be her prelude to her Grammys career.

I really think Halsey will be looked over. I think she’ll end #7 or #8 in pop solo and not make it in. She’s too forgettable.

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

what is everyone thinking about the country categories this year? i feel like they’re usually more of discussion point but I haven’t seen any prediction for them yet

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Album of the year top contenders based on how they charted in the decade-end charts: 1. A Star Is Born at #33 2. When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go at #53 3. Thank U Next at #68 4. Free Spirit at #82 5. Cuz I Love You at #109 The other contending albums are not charting, including “Happiness Begins”. If you’re predicting it, might as well remove it.

I’ve already said this, but this really gave me more perspective of how the Grammys might look. Shallow didn’t even make the singles list, but the album surpassed every other contender by a pretty big chunk. This year might be the actual effect of her hype. Especially because of the rumors of her release in early 2020.

nicole94
    Participant
    Topics:

Random, but does touring factor into decisions at all? Obviously not officially.. but much like campaigning, a successful tour maybe factors into things??

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/10/31/us/ap-us-top-20-concert-tours.html

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Random, but does touring factor into decisions at all? Obviously not officially.. but much like campaigning, a successful tour maybe factors into things?? https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/10/31/us/ap-us-top-20-concert-tours.html

Nope, if it did, Reputation which was the biggest tour in the U.S, would’ve had a better chance.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

20 more days until all of our predictions are completely wrong and we look like clowns!!

*by “all” I mostly mean just me but some of these users have pretty debatable predictions soo…

y'all ugly and smelly

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t wait to see what AOTY and the Pop Categories turn out to be 🌞

#howrudeofme

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Last year most people have %50 success

James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

what is everyone thinking about the country categories this year? i feel like they’re usually more of discussion point but I haven’t seen any prediction for them yet

May Tanya Tucker’s name be in there somewhere.

God bless you and Miss T always!!!

Holly (a fan of her since 1991)

P.S. She is just one of the many that I mentioned in my previous message..ten nominations so far, but not even one win yet. I wish that her nomination in early 1992 could’ve been a win because it was for the song that started it all for me. (shaking my head)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanya_Tucker#Grammy_nominations

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 540 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.