Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 437 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
33 mins ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
deshunfenty
Brand New
  • Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is a non factor. Won’t go into discussion as it’s been discussed to death. There’s simply way too many more successful albums and songs for her to win anything this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Taylor Swift will be nominated for AOTY..

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

There are too many pop albums in contention for that Taylor album to matter.

ReplyCopy URL
    rue
    Participant
    Topics:

I still say that it’s hard to predict for taylor and billie until we see the nominations. there’s a possibility billie way underperforms because the voters just don’t like her music. I know plenty of people who can’t stand her sound and if the voters/ brp are made up of those types of people, she may not get in everywhere. as for taylor, I think it comes down to how people react to her image overhaul (which I thought was a bit sudden). they also might want to get her to perform and throw her a SOTY nod just for that reason. however, I agree that she almost certainly won’t win and the only category she’s competitive for is BPVA

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Taylor Swift will be nominated for AOTY..

It’s definitely more likely than Reputation, but personally I’m not betting on it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all out here acting like Childish Gambino ended racism💀

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

What I’m saying is it’s purely speculative and exaggerated to say that Lizzo won’t win BNA because she’s “big” and “black”. It’s kinda laughable if you guys really think so.

First of all, Adele is big. Second last year’s ROTY/SOTY is black, and few years ago BNA winner was also a black artist who had less success than Lizzo this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

What I’m saying is it’s purely speculative and exaggerated to say that Lizzo won’t win BNA because she’s “big” and “black”. It’s kinda laughable if you guys really think so.

First of all, Adele is big. Second last year’s ROTY/SOTY is black, and few years ago BNA winner was also a black artist who had less success than Lizzo this year.

honey. I will bet you my life that if Lizzo were a thin white girl. She’d be a lock in all categories! And yes Adele is a big girl but as much as we love her, her music is safe and and what voters tend to reward.

ReplyCopy URL
    KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

only 12 days left to the announcement of nominations, and HitsDailyDouble or Mr Paul Grein still did not share more information about entries in the genre fields like Rock, Alternative, Dance or R&B…

I miss @newcat so much this year ;(

• This reply was modified 3 days, 13 hours ago by  KaRol.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 13 hours ago by  KaRol.
    ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

only 2 days left to the announcement of nominations,

You mean 12 days ?

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

You mean 12 days ?

yeah, my keyboard does not cooperate with me well lately 😉

ReplyCopy URL
    Brand New
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep dreaming!  Taylor Swift is NOT competitive in Best Pop Vocal Album.  Billie Eilish has had that category on lock for months now.

ReplyCopy URL
    rue
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep dreaming! Taylor Swift is NOT competitive in Best Pop Vocal Album. Billie Eilish has had that category on lock for months now.

sure, I just think we should at least look at how she’s treated with nominations to see whether or not we can call no one else in the category competitive

ReplyCopy URL
    blaze
    Participant
    Topics:

as for taylor, they also might want to get her to perform and throw her a SOTY nod just for that reason.

This isn’t true right? I still believe the Grammys have integrity and don’t do this type of stuff unlike other award shows, where only the artists in attendance win or nominating artists so they show up and perform.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

This isn’t true right? I still believe the Grammys have integrity and don’t do this type of stuff unlike other award shows, where only the artists in attendance win or nominating artists so they show up and perform.

Lol. Stans sometimes…

Nominating TS in SoTY won’t undermine the Grammy’s integrity. And if it happens it’ll be mainly because the Academy wants to recognize Lover while blocking it from potentially winning AoTY at the same time. So a SoTY nod would be more of a compromise.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 437 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.