Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 540 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
ayanami
  • deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I would say Bad Guy. That song shines with its production . They could nominate Truth Hurts solely for its self love message.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling either Bad Guy or Truth Hurts will miss in SoTY, or probably both. Because both don’t really feel like strong lyrical contenders.

Yall act like The Middle, God’s Plan, All the Stars, and This is America are musical odysseys with potent music. And let’s not act like Bad Guy is not one of the most controversial songs which paints its picture with its polarizing lyrics.

Barnacles Bro

More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Both Truth Hurts and Bad Guy would make crappy Song of the Year nominees. Especially Bad Guy

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Both Truth Hurts and Bad Guy would make crappy Song of the Year nominees. Especially Bad Guy

There’s Been Worse but I mean it wouldn’t be surprising to see it there. I wouldn’t be mad if both got nominated.

#howrudeofme

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Reminder that thank u, next (song) has the best lyrical content out of all the possible nominees this year.

Lol. It actually one of the worst. Plus when including Melody it’s drops even more.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  kenboi99.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  kenboi99.
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Who would win SOTY? Would they really give Lewis Capaldi a Grammy over Billie Eilish, Lizzo, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, Lil Nas X, etc? Who lol!

Barnacles Bro

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

The only songs I can realistically see winning SOTY are:

Someone You Loved
    Sunflower (if it wins ROTY)
    Thank U, Next
    Truth Hurts

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

The only songs I can realistically see winning SOTY are:

Someone You Loved
    Sunflower (if it wins ROTY)
    Thank U, Next
    Truth Hurts

I can see :

Always Remember Us this Way
    Thank u, next
    Someone You Loved
    Truth Hurts
    bad guy (if Billie is sweeping)

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Who would win SOTY? Would they really give Lewis Capaldi a Grammy over Billie Eilish, Lizzo, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, Lil Nas X, etc? Who lol!

Lmfao, we live in the same time where they gave “The Heist” Best Rap Album over Kendrick and Jay Z. It wouldn’t be surprising

#howrudeofme

Bernardo Rojas
    Participant
    Topics:

i am genuinely thinking Miss Lana will make it to both AOTY and BPVA, and honestly she deserves it

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m compelled to predict a lana win in bpva even though billie seems undeniable atm

Akachukwu
    Participant
    Topics:

There should be room for her among 8 nominees considering she is probably taking the indie/alternative slot this year. NFR was a lot of music fans #1 album of this year so I believe she will get a lot of votes and some people on the committee will go to bat for her. I give her 70% chance of being nominated, and if she is nominated I give her 40% chance of winning. .75*.4 = 28% chance of being nominated and winning. I think Lana has a stronger chance than Lorde had for several reasons. 1. Lana is on her 5th studio album, and she has one of the strongest and most influential discographies of this century. She wasn’t initially taken seriously by critics and in fact she initially got tons of very negative press around 2011-2012, everyone now seem to understand that her early work was under appreciated and overlooked, and she has proved everyone wrong by improving and releasing the strongest album of her career. This is a winning narrative. 2. Lorde was extremely young at the time Melodrama was released, it was a strong record but many voters probably want her to continue to prove herself with an even stronger record. 3. Lana and Lorde are both strong songwriters, but only Lana is a especially strong vocalist. Lana’s vocals are beyond incredible on this album. 4. Jack Antonoff also produced Melodrama, but really gave some of the best production of his career to Lana on NFR, and helped her deliver a very cohesive album. AOTY would also be an award for Jack’s hard work 5. Lana seems to have more cross genre appeal than Lorde. When NFR came out on the same day as the Tool album, I was on the Tool forum and I was surprised how many Tool fans say they love Lana. She is regularly covered by hiphop media, electronic music media, indie media, she plays on rock stations and pop stations, etc. NFR is very intimate, and reminiscing on life and relationships are universally understandable themes. Even my parents thought NFR was beautiful and they are not the type to like most pop music. Lorde fans mostly are the type that prefer pop or left of center pop. 6. NFR is just a better album than Melodrama

Jesus, NFR is in no way better than melodrama. Stop what u are smocking.

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see NFR making it into AOTY but missing PVA

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Carlos Luis Turmero
    Participant
    Topics:

Always Remember Us This Way and God’s Country for the nomination in SOTy!!!!!!

More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see NFR making it into AOTY but missing PVA

Exactly. Lana will get into AOTY but miss Pop Vocal Album a la Melodrama.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 540 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.