Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 540 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
ayanami
  • ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Reminder that Sam is non-binary for any future posters.

Lol and this is why Male and Female Pop Solo Performance doesn’t work.

Barnacles Bro

James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

brad’s snub for american saturday night and this is country music will forever remain some of the worst ever

I can’t remember if this has ever been addressed here, but was “Whiskey Lullaby” ever once submitted for anything? It came from Brad’s third album which got released in July of 2003. The song went to radio in March of the following year.

God bless you and Brad always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see Sheryl Crow happening in AOTY. She will get a ton of votes for the reasons others have stated, but ultimately it’ll be up to the BRP whether she gets in or not. She would be comparable to Beck, Daft Punk, and Jay-Z as overdue veterans/legends from this decade. But all 3 of them had significant acclaim. Threads did decent but nothing spectacular.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

It works. Sam can just not choose to submit.

You think the Oscars are going to go away with Best Actor and Best Actress?

The majority still greatly identifies as either he/him or she/her.

I respect Sam and a big fan of their music but that’s THEIR issue not the Academy’s.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think people are underestimating Dancing with A Stranger. Today it was named most played song on the radio 2019. I think it will get in Pop/Dou and could even sneak in ROY.

I don’t think Stranger is going to get in, but I’m not counting it out completely. Though, I don’t think the argument that it was the most played song gives it much value for the awards. High Hopes has reached an audience of over 1 billion on the radio, though I don’t think it’s a front runner for most lists to get into Pop/Duo. Especially since it missed last year even while picking up momentum.

Sheryl Crow is NOT happening. She is a previous AOTY nominee. There is no need to nominate her again.

Uh… what?? She was nominated like 20 years ago. And she didn’t even win. I don’t see how the logic stands for her. If this was the case then Adele won’t be nominated next year because she has already won twice. While I respect you not having to agree that she can get in, your logic is flawed.

dan
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Solo

7 Rings
    Bad Guy
    Someone You Loved
    Truth Hurts
    If I Can’t Have You

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

While I personally don’t care about the split categories, I do think they can work.

Sam Smith’s gender and Sam Smith’s sex are two different things. They are male by sex – they are not, however, by gender. So, technically speaking, Sam could submit in Male. They can also just not submit to gendered categories, but that’s a but unfair.

Anyways, I like non-gendered categories more. They’re more competitive, and have prevented some awful wins (like Beck last year). And, of course, they’re helpful in cases like this one.

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish Ariana would have submitted thank u, next across the board and forgot about 7 rings. thank u, next is just so much more competitive and has gotten way more acclaim. Whatever, her loss.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish Ariana would have submitted thank u, next across the board and forgot about 7 rings. thank u, next is just so much more competitive and has gotten way more acclaim. Whatever, her loss.

Someone in her team/record label is screwing her up. I think deliberately.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

Dancing with a Stranger isn’t happening. The Grammys don’t care about Sam anymore. Definitely not in ROTY also.

I think Dancing with a Stranger is being nominated for Pop Duo. It’s one of the biggest hits of the year. It will be this year’s Something Just Like This / Stay. Just because he was snubbed a couple of times doesn’t mean the Academy is completely done with him.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

A LOT of the submissions were fucked this year. it was obvious who was being more focused on thanks to the labels, Billie being an example.

y'all ugly and smelly

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

A LOT of the submissions were fucked this year. it was obvious who was being more focused on thanks to the labels, Billie being an example.

Possibly. I read someone saying that Ariana’s submissions were screwed in order to prop Taylor Swift’s submissions up (as Taylor has recently signed with Republic Records). But I think this is so stupid for the record label to do because Taylor is not having a good Grammy year regardless of whoever is going to be thrown under the bus.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree Thank U Next would have been the better pick but since 7 Rings is the bigger hit I doubt it’s a boycot.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyway this reminds me of what Atlantic Records tried to do with Ed Sheeran/Bruno Mars back then. They wanted Ed Sheeran to win ROTY for “Shape of You” and Bruno Mars to win SOTY for “That’s What I Like”.

“Shape of You” was far and away the frontrunner for both categories before the nominations came out.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

They shut out Rap before, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did it this year as well. They’ll probably nominate Megan Thee Stallion in BNA and artists that straddle the fence (Lil Nas X, Lizzo and Post Malone) somewhere in ROTY, SOTY and/or AOTY, and call it a day.

Didn’t you say a few months ago Megan wasn’t happening in BNA?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 540 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.