Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 540 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
ayanami
  • Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

I meant her bringing them up. She trashes on her “haters” at some point in the last three interviews I had seen of her. Like idk why she always brings them up. She’s done this consistently since 2009. It’s her way of victimising herself.

I don’t disagree. The best way to show that you genuinely don’t care about them is to just stop mentioning them at all.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Skies.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Skies.
    ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t disagree. The best way to show that you genuinely don’t care about them is to just stop mentioning them at all.

Exactly! I feel like by constantly bringing them up, she is only letting her haters know they are affecting her, which only encourages them to continue their hate.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all.”
    – An iconic user.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

If a song about a 17 year old seducing your dad or a sexist “empowerment anthem” wins over the self love and generosity movement that was thank u, next in a category that rewards songwriting the Grammys will lose the last bit of credibility they had. Various professional critics agree with this but it‘s Ariana so of course you will deny this

then I suggest you don’t watch it this year sis….

y'all ugly and smelly

CarlosEdu21
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that Norman Fucking Rockwell! can win AOTY if Gaga is snubbed.

I see a case like Arcade Fire and Mumford & Sons. Both released the album a little before of eligibility, won AOTY and lost the genre categories that was nominated and had some things that helped to win (Arcade Fire had critical acclaim, Mumford & Sons had sales success).

Lana has critical acclaim that could help her to win AOTY and Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical and lost the pop categories.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

If a song about a 17 year old seducing your dad or a sexist “empowerment anthem” wins over the self love and generosity movement that was thank u, next in a category that rewards songwriting the Grammys will lose the last bit of credibility they had. Various professional critics agree with this but it‘s Ariana so of course you will deny this

Sweetie.

#howrudeofme

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

But those songs are actually better lyrically. TUN is one of weaker songs in competition

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Bad Guy is a better song both lyrically and overall. Y’all acting like Ariana name dropping her exes is so groundbreaking lol.

Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

In WHAT world is “Bad Guy” a good song lyrically?

I’m really hoping Grammy voters aren’t as blind when it comes to Billie as this forum is.

More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

Bad Guy is a better song both lyrically and overall. Y’all acting like Ariana name dropping her exes is so groundbreaking lol.

But in reality neither songs are good lyrically. I don’t think I need to explain Bad Guys average and suggestive lyrics and Thank U, Next’s repetitive lyrics. Both songs sound like they were written by 12 year olds.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

In WHAT world is “Bad Guy” a good song lyrically? I’m really hoping Grammy voters aren’t as blind when it comes to Billie as this forum is.

it can be good or bad but end of the day it is better than TUN which is the point

fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

TUN and Bad Guy both not lyrical heavyweights, but both have a chance at best song for being popular catchy songs. TUN was forgotten quickly while Bad Guy stuck around for a long time and was a more memorable song, so Bad Guy should have much more chance than TUN. This is obviously Lizzo’s category to lose since her song is far more lyrical and tells more of a story, but the only strike against her is that someone had tweeted the “I just took a DNA test, turns out I’m 100% that bitch” line and claimed she plagiarized the song.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

“someone you loved” is going to win Song of the Year anyways. I can’t see it losing now if it gets nominated.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

“someone you loved” is going to win Song of the Year anyways. I can’t see it losing now if it gets nominated.

I’m sure there were those that said that about The A Team when it was also nominated. And I know people said that about Shallow. I also remember Say You Won’t Let Go being on a lot of people’s list for SOTY and/or Pop Solo. He still doesn’t have it locked imo

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone You Loved is the In My Blood of this year.

fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see Someone You Loved potentially winning song, but it is also the song that is actively disliked by the largest number of people. It just seems very derivative and I hope voters see that.

On another note, how does the Grammy voting process actually work? The Oscars have a very detailed and specific voting rules, but I can’t seem to find anything online about how Grammy voting actually works. Does each voter only get one vote per category that they vote in? Or do voters rank their top choices and give different weights of votes to different songs according to rank (this is how to oscars vote)? If the latter, I could see Someone You Loved losing by being ranked last by many voters.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 540 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.