Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 540 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
ayanami
  • supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

“Shape of You” was far and away the frontrunner for both categories before the nominations came out.

I don’t know what would’ve been worse: “Shape of You” winning ROTY and SOTY or Bruno Mars winning ROTY and SOTY

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know what would’ve been worse: “Shape of You” winning ROTY and SOTY or Bruno Mars winning ROTY and SOTY

Easily, Shape of You. 24K magic (the song) was exquisitely produced. That’s What I Like is melodically well-written. I don’t understand why Bruno Mars is constantly trashed on.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t think the labels “sabotage” artists as much as they just use personal preference. Calm Down and 7 Rings were the bigger hits- they got sent to Record. Lover and Thank U Next were the better written tracks- they got sent to Song. I think y’all are looking too deep into it. Just say 7 Rings is a week submission and move on.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand why Bruno Mars is constantly trashed on.

Because he swept when his album was clearly the weakest of the bunch. I don’t think it was bad – it just didn’t deserve to win SIX Grammys.

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Because he swept when his album was clearly the weakest of the bunch. I don’t think it was bad – it just didn’t deserve to win SIX Grammys.

Yeah he had a good year and it was good album but it was not sweep material

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think anybody expected him to sweep so easily. Now everyone hates him 😭 ever since it happened

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  deshunfenty.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think anybody expected him to sweep so easily. Now everyone hates him ever since it happened

This is so sad. All he does is perform and write music. No tabloids or anything. It’s crazy how winning Grammys can have the opposite intended effect. Y’all discredit anyone whose winning.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Didn’t you say a few months ago Megan wasn’t happening in BNA?

Yes. She has been campaigning, so it’s possible. Don’t think she’s a lock. I am also allowed to change my prediction. I also predicted Lil Nas X to be shut out at the beginning of the year. Now my tune has changed.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

24k Magic was definitely not sweep material. It’s crazy because almost every award show that season went crazy for that album. An Ed Sheeran sweep would have been way worse, though.

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

24k Magic sweep is definitely one of the worst Grammy decisions ever made. I’m not even say this as a Kendrick fan, album is average at best.

They shut out Rap before, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did it this year as well. They’ll probably nominate Megan Thee Stallion in BNA and artists that straddle the fence (Lil Nas X, Lizzo and Post Malone) somewhere in ROTY, SOTY and/or AOTY, and call it a day.

That was like before the new rap community exists. Lil Nas and Post Malone also doesn’t embrace themselves as a rapper.

Manuelcolon
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Solo

7 Rings
    Bad Guy
    Someone You Loved
    Truth Hurts
    If I Can’t Have You

I can’t believe this actually could be the line up in a PERFORMANCE category.

They could change the title to “Best Solo Hit” and it would be okay.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Although I’m predicting 7 Rings, Bad Guy, Without Me, Truth Hurts and Someone You Loved, I think voters will surprise us. I could see 1 or 2 missing.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    nicole94
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Lewis will miss pop solo but get in SOTY kind of like how shawn did last year. I think he will be left out of pop and it’ll be

7 rings

trurh hurts

always remember us this way/without me

if I can’t have you

bad guy

I feel like the academy just doesn’t like Halsey/don’t take her seriously. They could either nominate a non mainstream hit like always remember us this way or throw a bone to Halsey.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

If I Can’t Have You is 100% not happening.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Although I’m predicting 7 Rings, Bad Guy, Without Me, Truth Hurts and Someone You Loved, I think voters will surprise us. I could see 1 or 2 missing.

7 Rings & Bad Guy are locks. Lizzo should easily get in as well since Truth Hurts was a smash on Pop Radio. Out of the 5, Lewis and Halsey are definitely the weakest links.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 540 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.