Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 540 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +39 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
M
ayanami
  • kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is a lock too

M
    Participant
    Topics:

7 Rings & Bad Guy are locks. Lizzo should easily get in as well since Truth Hurts was a smash on Pop Radio. Out of the 5, Lewis and Halsey are definitely the weakest links.

I don’t think 7 Rings and Bad Guy are locks. Bad Guy is really not as big as people making it out to be. And 7 Rings is sort of polarizing.

The only lock there could’ve been in this category is Thank U Next had it been submitted.

I would say Lewis, Lizzo and Billie are near locks though, but not locks, and 7 Rings and Without Me as likely.

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone know when the Blue Ribbon Panel meetings take place? In previous years it is during Thanksgiving weekend I believe but that is too late this year.

caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t believe this actually could be the line up in a PERFORMANCE category. They could change the title to “Best Solo Hit” and it would be okay.

if there was a pop commitee, the submissions would be stronger and the nominees would be better every year. last year’s lineup was a joke…

caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think 7 Rings and Bad Guy are locks. Bad Guy is really not as big as people making it out to be.

bad guy has been in the top 10 for 29 months. it just tied Without Me as the track by a female artist with the most weeks in the top 10 this century.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

if there was a pop commitee, the submissions would be stronger and the nominees would be better every year. last year’s lineup was a joke…

Who did you want to win last year that wasn’t nominated? Delicate? No thanks.

The voters did the right thing by nominating and awarding Joanne. At least it’s a good song with a good vocal delivery even if it’s not a hit. I’d rather see Joanne win than Havana or Better Now.

joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

This could be the first year where all the Pop solo nominees were #1 hits

Joanne’s win is the perfect example of how weak pop solo was last year

No Tears Left to Cry would have been the perfect winner but Ariana’s team ruined her chances

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Without Me and If I Can’t Have You are missing. bad guy is in, I feel like I keep hearing the beat used in commercials and it’s very recognizable. Plus her relevancy into later in the year makes her feel current. Without Me feels like it came out over a year ago. A song like Always Remember Us This Way feels more likely than Without Me, at least it has a superstar attached to it from a superstar film. I think H.E.R could also get in here with Hard Place as Joanne did this past year since she performed it at the Grammys.

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

No Tears Left to Cry would have been the perfect winner but Ariana’s team ruined her chances

This will always be the biggest tragedy in her submissions… like ever.

Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

This could be the first year where all the Pop solo nominees were #1 hits Joanne’s win is the perfect example of how weak pop solo was last year No Tears Left to Cry would have been the perfect winner but Ariana’s team ruined her chances

It wouldn’t have won even if it were submitted.

caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

Who did you want to win last year that wasn’t nominated? Delicate? No thanks. The voters did the right thing by nominating and awarding Joanne. At least it’s a good song with a good vocal delivery even if it’s not a hit. I’d rather see Joanne win than Havana or Better Now.

When and where did I say that I disagree with the 2019 winner? Joanne was a clear step up compared to the previous winner, but with the exception of God is a woman, its adversaries were extremely weak. In one year we get three/four excellent nominees but a terrible winner and in another we get a good winner but a weak lineup where 40% of the nominees managed to sneak into an unsual field just by earning lots of votes. I’m not saying that Beck & Post’s songs are not Pop, but that they were lucky that the pop field is a hot mess every year.

Also, imagine thinking the reputation era deserved any nominations…

TonyKuKo
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you guys think will be the darkhorse WTF nobody predicted that nominee for Album of the Year? There’s always one, last year we could say it was Brandi Carlile.

Any thoughts? Honey by Robyn? Mac de Marco’s Here Comes the Cowboy? Carly Rae Jepsen’s Dedicated?

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Carly is definitely not getting nominated or is a dark house for AOTY. She’s not even a strong contender for Pop. She’ll miss this year.

IMO I would say Honey but ion know if AOTY would be majority of pop learning albums this year. It could happen. Since most of AOTY nominees last year was Rap. They probably wouldn’t have more than 3-4 Pop Albums in the lineup.

The person who has a bigger and better chance is Gary Clark.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Gary Clark Jr is the surprise

TonyKuKo
    Participant
    Topics:

But Gary Clark Jr wouldn’t be a surprise, he’s predicted here and on Billboard

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 540 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.