Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 474 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +26 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
deshunfenty
fortheculture
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not gonna bother responding to your paragraph of gibberish because it doesn’t even look to me that you know what “out of the box” means. It’s actually a good thing not a bad thing lol

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pretty excited for Wednesday!

I have a feeling it won’t be as wild as last year. This new president will probably try to please everybody. I think most big artists will get GF nominations including TS. But we’ll see.

Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

All these paragraphs and essays, and we’re still 3 days away from nominations… Lord(e) help us

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling it won’t be as wild as last year. This new president will probably try to please everybody. I think most big artists will get GF nominations including TS. But we’ll see.

I agree. I think Taylor Swift will get an AOTY nom. But I’m still hopeful for other inspired choices, like Tyler, the Creator for across the board GF noms, and Rosalia for BNA. Surely the expanded lineup will cater for these type of nominations.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I think TS will get S/ROTY and miss Album. But I still have a feeling she’ll get into Album just because of her appearances/(fan voted) “precursor” wins putting her in the limelight.

y'all ugly and smelly

M
    Participant
    Topics:

As much as I like Lover I really hope it won’t be in Album of the Year especially if ASIB is not nominated, because in such a weak year it can win. Who knows how much the voters will like Billie, which I see as the only serious threat to win AoTY other than Gaga. But she’s still untested.

I hope they’ll just nominate her in SoTY or RoTY.

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

TS wont show up in ROTY unless they seem to love her again this year and give her noms in all three (not happening). AOTY and SOTY are still possible though. I see her getting in either 1 one of those, though unlikely to show up in both

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

There are so many valid reasons why rep got just one nomin

sweety. This forum is so negative… they always have it out with Miss Swift, you should have seen this place when she won back in 2010. Trust me it was even worse when she won for 1989. These people at goldderby are bofoons they are blinded by their hatred for Taylor. When Taylor does something right and Grammy worthy she gets the love from the academy. Lover is a beautiful album, it’s cohesive, impeccably written and it’s production is stunning! Taylor will get into album of the year and I will cheer and be stoked when this place melts down on Wednesday. They seriously like to treat Taylor like a generic pop act ala Bebe reza.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

You should have seen this place when she won back in 2010. Trust me it was even worse when she won for 1989. These people at goldderby are bofoons they are blinded by their hatred for Taylor.

Taylor Swift is good. But she is not 2x winner of AOTY good. She won AOTY way too early in her career for the basic Fearless album. Hence, a big reason why she’s ended up with two AOTY career wins really was just down to luck and goodwill.

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

All these paragraphs and essays, and we’re still 3 days away from nominations… Lord(e) help us

This forum is so dry yet still so full of papers analyzing everything. We need Wednesday to come soon so we can have some spice again.

JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I can only see Taylor Swift getting an SOTY nod in the GF.

On another note though, I have a tingly feeling at the back of my gut that Ace of Cups might make a splash at the Grammys. I mean, practically no one expected Brandi Carlile after all. Their album gives off that same vibe—quality Americana.

fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so happy to see that Lana has been moved up in Gold Derby’s AOTY odds to be tied with Solange (who???) for #7 with 15/1 odds. I remember when the album was first released she literally wasn’t even included on the list, and then after that she was listed at 50/1 odds. I have used my super bet on Lana winning AOTY, now we just need all the basics to get nominated so they can split their votes with each other.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

1989 is basic and aged badly. Fearless may be juvenile but it’s amazing and a much more deserving winner.

AuxPlayer
    Participant
    Topics:

If the panel wants to break the monotony of a very possible pop lineup, they could definitely throw Maren Morris into the race.

This is scary when it comes to voting for a winner

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Solange (who???)

You don’t know Who Solange is ? She’s Beyoncé sister

#howrudeofme

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 474 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.