Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 474 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +26 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
deshunfenty
fortheculture
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

But she’s never had a standout single. Her 3 songs nominated for SOTY so far have not deserved to win. Her songs are quite basic melodically. Simple chord progressions, and frequent use of one-note melodies..

She also has a very bad habit of using the same cliché opposites:

-Darling I’m a nightmare, dressed like a daydream
    -He’s so bad but he does it so well
    -They say I did somethig bad; then why does it feel so good?
    -We’re a crooked love in a straight line down
    -Even in my worst times you can see the best in me
    -Why are you mad when you can be glad?
    -This ain’t for the best; my reputation’s never been worst

It gets old, which sucks cuz she’s a great storyteller.

Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve come to the conclusion that Beyoncé is being super underestimated. While I see her missing the GF, I think she’s gonna manage to scrap nominations in genre fields due to her large range of releases and weak competition (in the rap field especially).

I’m predicting her for the following in order of most likely to least:
    1. Best Music Film
    2. Song Written for Visual Media
    3. R&B Performance
    4. R&B Song
    5. Rap/Sung Performance

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve come to the conclusion that Beyoncé is being super underestimated. While I see her missing the GF, I think she’s gonna manage to scrap nominations in genre fields due to her large range of releases and weak competition (in the rap field especially). I’m predicting her for the following in order of most likely to least: 1. Best Music Film 2. Song Written for Visual Media 3. R&B Performance 4. R&B Song 5. Rap/Sung Performance

Yes she will receive plenty of nomination

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are you mad when you can be glad

Pls tell me she never said this….. 🙃

y'all ugly and smelly

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

3 more days y’all. We won’t have to sit this stupid stan bickering that much longer.

Tommy
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think Lover will get at least 1 nom in the GF, idk which is the most likely at this point. YNTCD in ROTY? Maybe Lover in SOTY.

Honesty Only

Tommy
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is NOT getting an AOTY nomination for Lover. Not because the album itself failed to make a real impact (which is true), but because she is already a two-time winner. If Lover is nominated in AOTY then Taylor has a really chance of winning again.

The committee does not want Taylor to join the ranks of Stevie Wonder and Frank Sinatra as three-time AOTY winners, while they are still trying to make up for veterans (like Bruce Springsteen) and current icons (like Beyoncé & Kendrick Lamar) not even having one.

I agree with this but who knows. I hope the committee doesn’t end up blocking ASIB.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Tommy.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Tommy.

Honesty Only

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh did she submit YNTCD? Haven’t been on here in months

yes she did, lover (song) was only submitted to SOTY

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

But she’s never had a standout single. Her 3 songs nominated for SOTY so far have not deserved to win. Her songs are quite basic melodically. Simple chord progressions, and frequent use of one-note melodies..

Blank Space is a standout but the others are too childish to win. They were lucky to be nominated

fortunesfool
    Participant
    Topics:

3 more days y’all. We won’t have to sit this stupid stan bickering that much longer.

Are you sure you’re tired of them? Because whenever Swift is the discussion you’re one of the first to give a negative post against Taylor a thumbs up. Seems to me you enjoy the stan wars…. or at least one side of it.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Nomination day will just be the beginning lol

fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

I used to really dislike Taylor until I started warming up to her around Red, and then 1989 low key had a few bops (all you had to do is stay). Reputation I only liked Delicate, and Lover has zero songs that I would return to. Taylor has beyond overstayed her welcome at this point, time to let someone else have their Grammy’s moment.

Tommy
    Participant
    Topics:

I used to really dislike Taylor until I started warming up to her around Red, and then 1989 low key had a few bops (all you had to do is stay). Reputation I only liked Delicate, and Lover has zero songs that I would return to. Taylor has beyond overstayed her welcome at this point, time to let someone else have their Grammy’s moment.

Honestly her career is definitely on a decline after this last album anyway. It’s like she didn’t even try to promote it or choose good songs. She became too much of a recluse after the 2016 drama. The GP isn’t as interested in her as they were before.

Honesty Only

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I might be in the minority here, but I think Taylor has a better shot at getting into Record of the Year with “You Need To Calm Down” than SOTY for “Lover” …

“Lover” was way too new during the voting period and wasn’t actually a hit song… my guess is most voters probably hadn’t heard it by the time they voted. I think the comparison to “A Million Reasons” is fair. Neither song was natural “hit” … both artists really worked hard to promote those songs in order for them to reach Top 10 status on the charts (for a single week).

Tommy
    Participant
    Topics:

I might be in the minority here, but I think Taylor has a better shot at getting into Record of the Year with “You Need To Calm Down” than SOTY for “Lover” …

“Lover” was way too new during the voting period and wasn’t actually a hit song… my guess is most voters probably hadn’t heard it by the time they voted. I think the comparison to “A Million Reasons” is fair. Neither song was natural “hit” … both artists really worked hard to promote those songs in order for them to reach Top 10 status on the charts (for a single week).

I think YNTCD for ROTY is most likely to happen for her.

Honesty Only

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 474 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.