Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 474 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +26 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
deshunfenty
fortheculture
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

People really out here thinking luke-warm releases from Meek Mill, James Blake, Vampire Weekend, Maren Moris and Gary Clark Jr, or Beyoncé straight to Netflix Coachella album with no new songs, and even the Lil Nas X EP will get into best AOTY before Lana, that is just absurd.

Literally no one said that.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Will they though? The R&B committee gave her 2 noms last year, and made sure to snub Janelle so The Carters won. They also gave her an R&B Perf nom for a song that wasn’t even a single.

R&B voters love Beyoncé. I think she’ll get in R&B Perf and maybe Urban Contemporary.

Rap voters love Jay Z and they sure have a boner for Gambino, so I could see MOOD4EVA getting in there as well.

I’m not a fan of Beyoncé but she’s being underestimated. She could very well pick up 4 noms (R&B Perf, SFVM, Urban Contemporary, Rap Song and/or Rap Sung Perf)

They’re hot and cold on her when they don’t want her to sweep. Even if you don’t predict the Rap noms, she still has Music Film and Visual Media. I think she can easily get 3-5 noms without getting into the GF.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Some of yall do everything to discredit Lana and keep her out of the conversation for AOTY because you don’t have the attention span to appreciate an album without concise 3 minute radio pop songs. NFR is everything, it serves story telling, poetry, emotional maturity, personal and artistic growth, beautiful melodies and harmonies, incredible vocals, rich atmospheric instrumentals. Like she is literally the pop poet who just released her magnum opus without a single bad track, and Venice Bitch is going down in history as one of the best tracks of the decade.

You must work at Pitchfork.

fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, there is nothing special about Lana Del Rey’s album.  All of her songs are rather blah and her vocals are NOT impressive.  These white girls always get praise for mediocre/shitty albums.

For anyone who doesn’t think she is a world class vocalist.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9WK6olGkDY

M
    Participant
    Topics:

And I didn’t even bring up Gaga. Y’all stans did that on your own because every other fucking post your posting the ASIB sales or how “sad” it is that some people just aren’t rooting for poor Gaga and that soundtrack. Quit fucking whining when you take every chance to trash Ariana. Shut the fuck up with that hypocrisy.

You didn’t say you didn’t like ASIB though (which is your opinion and it’s fine). You claimed all popular albums this year aren’t good/worthy of AoTY.

There are years when I agree that popular albums aren’t worthy of AoTY, notably last year with Drake and Post Malone. But this year ain’t one of them.

A Star Is Born is widely acclaimed and won pretty much every musical award it was nominated for. And that’s on top of its commercial success which is impressive, charting higher than older releases in the decade end charts including Purpose, Teenage Dream, Beyoncé self-titled, Reputation, Speak Now etc.. When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go (if ASIB is not nominated) is also a popular, acclaimed and exciting choice. It represents an outside the box type of music and a win for it would be an overdue nod to the alternative icons who were underappreciated and underrated over the years (Lana, Lorde, Floence Welch etc..)

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  M.
    Tommy
    Participant
    Topics:

Chile….. what’s going on in here .

I leave for a few hours and all the drama starts lol

Honesty Only

mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, there is nothing special about Lana Del Rey’s album. All of her songs are rather blah and her vocals are NOT impressive. These white girls always get praise for mediocre/shitty albums.

imagine thinking NFR! is mediocre when it’s easily the best album of the year and one of the best from the decade. It is not necessary to scream all the way through an album to have good vocals and at least she gets to sound the same as studio when singing live. When you come for her race, it is clear there’s no argument here and you’re just trying to discredit her work.

Manuelcolon
    Participant
    Topics:

Guys,i only said how i feel about ASIB probably missing AOTY, why all of a sudden you turned this into a “this is better than that” fight?

You should really all read what you post, because there is no reason for any of you to catfight like that, relax.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Hey! Just a reminder that the Pop Competition entries are due in an hour and 40 minutes, in case anyone’s missing.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Guys,i only said how i feel about ASIB probably missing AOTY, why all of a sudden you turned this into a “this is better than that” fight?

You should really all read what you post, because there is no reason for any of you to catfight like that, relax.

Not to be dramatic or anything but you look like an angel.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Beyoncé has been snubbed in the R&B Field before (4 & “Formation” in Best R&B Performance and Best R&B Song). “Apeshit” was just snubbed last year in Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song. Beyoncé had a shitty year. So, her nominations will reflect that.

Sure, but she had shitty year last year and that didn’t stop her. Besides, I believe Homecoming had better reception than EIL. That said, I agree she’s easily snubbable. I still think she should be able to get into Music Film and SFVM at the very least.

Tommy
    Participant
    Topics:

Music taste is subjective. The tone of this forum has gone pretty south. It’s not difficult to state what you feel and respect other people’s opinions without being nasty about it. This is a PREDICTION forum. Y’all know who you are.

Honesty Only

Manuelcolon
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to be dramatic or anything but you look like an angel.

THANK YOU! I had never seen a Goldderby member (specially in the music forum) say something nice to another one haha.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

I messed up my predictions and need to change them. I am giving away one of my SOTY slots, one ROTY slot, and one BNA slot. First person to reply to this post gets to claim all of them.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Any Ideas of Best Recording Package ? I was thinking about Rosalía maybe . The packaging for her album is stunning and very artistic. If she submitted there she has a strong chance.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  deshunfenty.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 474 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.