Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 474 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +26 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
deshunfenty
fortheculture
  • Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

ARI LENNOX WILL GET AN AOTY NOMINATION THIS IS MY ONLY WISH. GRAMMY GODS GRANT IT PLEASE.

fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go (if ASIB is not nominated) is also a popular, acclaimed and exciting choice. It represents an outside the box type of music and a win for it would be an overdue nod to the alternative icons who were underappreciated and underrated over the years (Lana, Lorde, Floence Welch etc..)

Why give AOTY to Billie as a nod to the alternative icon Lana when they can just give AOTY to Lana herself?

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Can I just add that every album to win AOTY at the Soul Train Awards since 2012 has been nominated for AOTY at the Grammys. You’re making a huge mistake if you’re not predicting Lizzo.

AuxPlayer
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, even if nominated, A Star Is Boring is NOT winning Album of the Year. So, have several fucking seats!

Let’s quote this on Jan 26th

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Ew, fucking Soul Train Awards keeps kissing Chris Brown’s ass and snubbing Anderson Paak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Soul_Train_Music_Awards

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Why give AOTY to Billie as a nod to the alternative icon Lana when they can just give AOTY to Lana herself?

Because I’m afraid NFR! isn’t strong enough for AoTY. The issue with Lana is that she’s still viewed as a Pop girl. So the standard is usually high for pop winners in AoTY. You’d need a blockbuster album. It’s the same reason why I was sure Melodrama was gonna lose. I can’t remember a recent AoTY pop winner that wasn’t a blockbuster.

Born To Die still remains her best album (and the most successful) to date.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  M.
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Born To Die still remains her best album

Worst*

#howrudeofme

fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

Anderson .Paak is not really Soul Train type music imo. Soul Train AOTY usually goes to a mainstream and somewhat traditional R&B album that is smooth, funky, sexy, and soulful as the name soul train would imply, etc. Anderson ,Paak is like almost jazz fusion hiphop to me and his songs always sound all jittery like he and his producers are on adderall. I think Anderson is very talented, but it is more like heady abstract music than something smooth and soulful for Soul Train.

And imagine saying that NFR! isn’t strong enough for AOTY while your profile pic is of Ed Sheeran, and while constantly claiming that Gaga is the most overdue artist for AOTY and that she should win for this lowfat vanilla frozen yogurt soundtrack album that is past its expiration date.

Edit: sorry I guess some of Anderson’s songs actually are very smooth. the first song that comes to mind when I think of Anderson is Bubblin which is a very good song but really has no chill.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

@fortheculture you’re starting to show your bias too much.

“Lowfat vanilla frozen yogurt soundtrack” lmao? No wonder why you were saying she shouldn’t win.

Objectively speaking, this “frozen yogurt soundtrack” marks her repeak in both acclaim and commercial success. How? Let’s use objective metrics.

Acclaim: Both The Fame Monster and A Star Is Born have equal metacritic scores (the highest) and if we were to include the film, the latter would have a much higher one than TFM.

Commercial Success: In Billboard’s Decade End charts, ASIB is her second-highest charting album (at #33) only two spots behind The Fame, well ahead of TFM, BTW, ARTPOP and Joanne.

This “frozen yogurt soundtrack” also marked Gaga’s return to the #1 spot on the HOT100 for the first time since The Fame.

What does Hollywood think of this soundtrack? Well they gave it every award it was nominated for.

You can have your opinion, but please don’t pass them on as facts. Gaga winning for an actual repeak in her career (by all objective standards detailed above) is a far cry from Lana winning for NFR! And don’t get me wrong I’d love for Lana to win AoTY at some point, but I’m just pragmatic and I don’t see it happening this year because I don’t feel NFR! will be seen as strong enough in the eyes of the voters. Rarely did a pop album win AoTY solely based on acclaim. When was the last time that happened?

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao these Lana stans acting as though she’s even guaranteed an AOTY nomination. Lana merely has 3 noms over her career and none for GF. If Grammy voters loved her, she would have been nominated long time ago already.

I beg some of you to re-read your posts before hitting submit. This is such a stupid argument. Kacey released 2 albums before Golden Hour and was never nominated in the GF but won with a critically adored album. What’s stopping Lana from doing the same?

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo’s album honestly is still a 7/10 at best for me. Don’t see the hype over it. If it gets nominated it’s getting in as filler anyways.

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Kacey Musgraves was nominated for Best New Artist in 2014. Why don’t you read your own post before you submit? What a dumb bitch!

I was thinking more along the lines of for her actual music, but given your tone I can tell you’ve migrated here from some other hell hole site and are not open to productive discussion.

Also, the whole “Honey,….” thing is corny even when Gucci does it, but it’s painstakingly embarrassing when other people attempt it. You are 98% a white twink. Give it up.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

M
    Participant
    Topics:

There were precursors indicating Grammy’s love for Kacey Musgraves, such as beating Red in 2013. She also won Best Country Song that year.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

HDD claims that the Academy has moved into a conciliatory mood and that we should expect nominations for most A stars in contention this year:

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=318813

“We’re talking about stars like Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande and Ed Sheeran, several of whom have been seriously (and even serially) snubbed in the past. The word is that this is very much on the radar of the Recording Academy’s forward-looking new leadership. Noms come out Wednesday.”

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Another article about Maggie Rogers. I guess time to edit my predictions. To be fair, in 2018 they did accurately say that Jay Z was going to be showered with nominations one or two days before the announcement:

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=318812

“The scuttlebutt among Grammy watchers is that the Secret Nominating Committee may be about to reward Rogers when noms come out Wednesday, and that she could be in the mix for more than Best New Artist. Rogers has won plaudits for her Capitol album Heard It in a Past Life as well as for single “Light On,” a love letter to her fans”

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 474 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.